PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-02-2015, 11:09 PM #1
Baconpewpew
nalgas

SC Village. What's new?

I haven't been to SC Village in about 6-7 years. What's new?
Baconpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2015, 10:31 AM #2
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Speedball arenas have changed. A lot more airsoft. That's about it. Still smells the same.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:52 PM #3
primadog

primadog supports Ninja Paintball
Went last weekend for the first time in about a decade. Very nostalgic how basically everything remains the same.

Well, at least the drive up no longer smells like cow piles.

Last edited by primadog : 12-03-2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: tense
primadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:49 PM #4
nac3man

nac3man owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
How did the speedball field change?
nac3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:19 PM #5
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
It used to be up where the airside fields are. Now they just have the two fields and only one is used to play, the other is used to drill. The original stadium field is gone.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:58 PM #6
Revpls

There is a new map FALLUJAH has two story containers all around.
Revpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:35 PM #7
Baconpewpew
nalgas

Yep, still smells.
Oh man is that FALLUJAH one insane! Paintballs flying everywhere in every direction!
Baconpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:11 PM #8
ruben42
2k5er

ruben42 supports Shocker RSX
ruben42 supports Ninja Paintball
Still smells, airball fields are a pain in the *** to get games on when certain teams hog it and the hyperball area is very dead now a days.
ruben42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:26 PM #9
Mnofstl007
Here to have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben42 View Post
Still smells, airball fields are a pain in the *** to get games on when certain teams hog it and the hyperball area is very dead now a days.
agreed.

5-6 years ago SC village was better than every other field in terms of finding games..now its horrible.

Walk on scenario games are like 60 v 60 of pure chaos.

The hyperball fields are full of rentals who are trying to get away from the 60v60 chaos. Airball is always dominated by teams who only care about showing how good they think they are.

and there are only 2 hyperball fields open..one of which is legoland which is only fun for a 3v3 or smaller games.

Airsoft has pretty much taken over all of what used to be hyperball, and they are now trying to phase out airball too, last i heard.

I live down the street from SC, but might need to start heading to ASG for good days.

"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish."
Mnofstl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:30 PM #10
armyradioguy

armyradioguy plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
armyradioguy owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
armyradioguy plays in the APPA D4 division
Well that is sad to hear, I just moved here from the east and have been wanting to visit the world famous SC Village and now it sounds like a suck-fest
Team Legion of Chaos, Reaper #17
Special Thanks to LOC sponsors:
KC Crusaders, Anthrax, Valken, Guru Gun Stands,
ANS Gear & Guerilla Air
armyradioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:16 PM #11
Mnofstl007
Here to have fun.

honestly from 2001-2009 it was THE field in arguably the world to play at. Super high level of play, with a nonstop stream of serious competitive players. Used to have to get there are 6-7 for a decent parkingspot, even tho it didnt open til 8.

Now first game starts at about 10:30 and there is no point in showing up early, as they spend the first 2 hours doing registrations and rules.

Last time i went, it wasnt my favorite experience ever, and will definitely be looking to check out ASG in the future.

SC owners have clearly stopped giving a ****... all the fields are worn out and gone to ****, with a lot of them being lazy "bushes on 1 side, 10 or so bunkers on the other side... for 60v60.

Not to mention, they seem to be giving airsoft more and more space and taking it from Paintball.

"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish."
Mnofstl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:23 PM #12
ruben42
2k5er

ruben42 supports Shocker RSX
ruben42 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnofstl007 View Post
honestly from 2001-2009 it was THE field in arguably the world to play at. Super high level of play, with a nonstop stream of serious competitive players. Used to have to get there are 6-7 for a decent parkingspot, even tho it didnt open til 8.

Now first game starts at about 10:30 and there is no point in showing up early, as they spend the first 2 hours doing registrations and rules.

Last time i went, it wasnt my favorite experience ever, and will definitely be looking to check out ASG in the future.

SC owners have clearly stopped giving a ****... all the fields are worn out and gone to ****, with a lot of them being lazy "bushes on 1 side, 10 or so bunkers on the other side... for 60v60.

Not to mention, they seem to be giving airsoft more and more space and taking it from Paintball.
Yep. Back in the day guys from Ironmen, Legacy, Dynasty would always be down at SC practicing and even at times playing with some of us walk ons on the hyperball fields. What a great time that was haha

Now the airball field is just filled with some big ego heads who hog the field like there's no tomorrow running drills literally all day long. It's a sad thing to see since I've been playing there for almost 10 years now
ruben42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:54 AM #13
Cory688
Can't ban the snowman

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Just checked out Jungle Island this last weekend (Saturday). Unfortunately they were understaffed so they didn't set up airball, but rec play was pretty fun. A good mix of fields and we were playing like 15 v 15 at first, went up to probably 35 v 35 for a little, then dropped down to 25 v 25 after lunch.

Talked to Marvin (I think) and he said they would have 2 airball fields running after Christmas each weekend on turf. The turf looks beautiful and the bunkers are brand new. I think that's where I'll start heading out.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:41 PM #14
Danny138Von
Danny N. Bergman

Danny138Von plays in the PSP
Danny138Von plays in the APPA D1 division
Excited about JI
Danny138Von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:33 PM #15
Revpls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnofstl007 View Post

Which map are you referring to?
Revpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:27 PM #16
dvilchis

Sc village sucks now! They take 20 minutes away after being done with a scenario game. speedball is taken by ppl and for the price we are getting ripped off. You pay 35-40 and play what like 4 hours. games use to start at 9 and end at 5 not 1030-4
dvilchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:25 PM #17
nac3man

nac3man owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I stopped going to SC village a long time ago. I was going to Jungle Island for a while but when ASG opened down the street from my house I started going there and will continue to go there. Jungle Island is great but everytime I've been there no one wanted to play airball so that sucked. ASG doesn't have the airball fields up yet but they are working on that part of the park everyday. The staff at ASG are awesome and the players that go there are awesome also. I've only had one problem with someone at ASG but he was being and idiot all day and he got kicked out.
nac3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:49 PM #18
M466

This is sad to hear, I am glad I experienced playing during these fun times
M466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:38 PM #19
Ftbllstr25
Lets Boke some Smowls

Ftbllstr25 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ftbllstr25 supports Team VICIOUS
Ftbllstr25 supports Ninja Paintball
Ftbllstr25 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by M466 View Post
This is sad to hear, I am glad I experienced playing during these fun times
me too, last time i was there was 10 years ago and it was nothing but a blast. I planned to meet up with some buddies at SC in a month and now its questionable if i want to go there now.
Fields I've played at: Field of Fire, Warped, CPP, PB USA (Santa Clarita), PB USA (Simi Valley), PB USA (Agua Dulce), Urban Quest, Styrker PB, Ambush, HSP, SC Village, Tombstone, Jungle, and The Ranch
Ftbllstr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups