PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-29-2014, 06:52 PM #1
iremember7man

Returning to the Scene

I am considering returning to the paintball scene. Between 2002-2009 I played both local and national tournaments for teams out of Montana. I played in NPPL Denver, PSP Omaha, and PSP Vegas among other national and regional tournaments. When I left the game I stepped off a D3 PSP team with a light sponsorship from Planet-E.

I have no idea what the scene is like today. When I started 10 man was all the rage and there was only one major circuit (NPPL). When I left Xball was all the rage and the NPPL (and 7 man) was dying. What is the scene like today? Xball? 5 man? Did 7 or 10 man make a comeback?

Where would a good place to get a feel for the local scene be? I still have 99 percent of my gear and would probably like to play some local tournaments and see how the game flows these days.
iremember7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2014, 06:57 PM #2
neversummer89

neversummer89 plays in the PSP
neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by iremember7man View Post
I am considering returning to the paintball scene. Between 2002-2009 I played both local and national tournaments for teams out of Montana. I played in NPPL Denver, PSP Omaha, and PSP Vegas among other national and regional tournaments. When I left the game I stepped off a D3 PSP team with a light sponsorship from Planet-E.

I have no idea what the scene is like today. When I started 10 man was all the rage and there was only one major circuit (NPPL). When I left Xball was all the rage and the NPPL (and 7 man) was dying. What is the scene like today? Xball? 5 man? Did 7 or 10 man make a comeback?

Where would a good place to get a feel for the local scene be? I still have 99 percent of my gear and would probably like to play some local tournaments and see how the game flows these days.
Welcome back around. NPPL is donezo. There are a number of small affiliate leagues which are good, but PSP is the reigning champ right now.

There are a number of high quality, locally competitive teams, with Blitz and F.A.M. competing nationally.

The main place to play airball in the state is Blitz on Sunday mornings. The B.C.S. Tournament Series just wrapped up, but there are a number of tournaments hosted throughout the summer.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in looking for a team, Blitz's factory squad is always scoping fresh talent.
avdentes fortvna ivvat
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:56 PM #3
iremember7man

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer89 View Post
Welcome back around. NPPL is donezo. There are a number of small affiliate leagues which are good, but PSP is the reigning champ right now.

There are a number of high quality, locally competitive teams, with Blitz and F.A.M. competing nationally.

The main place to play airball in the state is Blitz on Sunday mornings. The B.C.S. Tournament Series just wrapped up, but there are a number of tournaments hosted throughout the summer.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in looking for a team, Blitz's factory squad is always scoping fresh talent.
Sad to see NPPL being done. I think one of the first videos I ever watched was a NPPL (or its predecessor) 10 man event in which Dynasty (are they even still around? Does Ollie Lang still play for them or did he leave again?) won the event.

I'll shoot you a PM next spring when things get hopping. It will be fun to see if I even remember how to play anymore. Time to see if my old viking still works. Even though we were sponsored never could part with that old beast. Hell, I am not even sure it is in state anymore. It might be back in Montana.

Is everything still PSP ramping allowed? Still 12.5 bps?
iremember7man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:19 AM #4
cleanshaved
New Ryan

Annual Supporting Member
cleanshaved owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cleanshaved supports Team VICIOUS
cleanshaved supports Team VICIOUS
cleanshaved has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes Dynasty is still around, and Ollie is playing for them. Rusty Glaze is now coach of Dynasty. Yosh is on the roster still. Yea Blitz is the place to be Sundays. and yes on the ramping at 12.5 unless your in pro division I believe it is at 10.

Vicious Fan #467
cleanshaved is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups