Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-28-2013, 11:58 AM #1
COBLITZ

Annual Supporting Member
COBLITZ is an Ultimate field/store owner
COBLITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
APL -Mile High Open

American Paintball League will hold a Denver event!!
Check them out on facebook at APLPaintball or http://aplpaintball.com/

Mile High Open @ Blitz Paintball!

September 5th, 6th, 7th 2014

B.C.S. SCHEDULE CHANGE!!

Due to this event we have found it beneficial for all to change the B.C.S. schedule.

Please note

Event # 5 changes from August 10th to August 3rd
Event # 6 Dynamic Autism tournament changes from September 7th to August 31st and becomes a 5 Man!

New Schedule of Tournaments at Blitz Paintball Inc.

B.C.S

April 6th 5 Man

May 4th 3 Man

June 1st 5 Man

July 13th 3 Man

August 3rd 5 Man

August 31st 5 Man Dynamic Autism Charity Tournament
( Changing to 5 Man will give the teams a perfect practice on APL fields the week before the event!!)

APL

Mile High Open
September 5th, 6th, 7th 2014

Lets have an INCREDIBLE tournament season!!

COBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2013, 03:13 AM #2
jerbarela88

Annual Supporting Member
jerbarela88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jerbarela88 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jerbarela88 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
No ****ing way
jerbarela88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:20 PM #3
Ex0dus
OG killa

has been a member for 10 years
I heard about this last week. Super cool! I'm building a team for the open division, if anyone viewing this thread is a free agent and has mad game-contact me

I wish people were better at paintball than talking sheeat.
Ex0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:07 PM #4
Luso
CS @ HustlePaintball.com

Luso plays in the PSP
Holy ****

"I'm not saying HK was behind the Angel Eyes project to drum up hype for the KLR - but I AM saying there's no way for me to prove they weren't..."
- Chris Peltier, HPB CS Rep
Luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:28 AM #5
Cromer611

Annual Supporting Member
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Double Holy ****
Www.hustlepaintball.com
Cromer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 AM #6
neversummer89

neversummer89 plays in the PSP
neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromer611 View Post
Double Holy ****
Colorado has to represent yo
avdentes fortvna ivvat
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:08 PM #7
JFlecky2
Comin' in hot!

JFlecky2 plays in the PSP
JFlecky2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JFlecky2 plays in the APPA D5 division
I am looking to play for a team for this event. I'm new to the nation, but not new to paintball. I have what it takes to play d4. If interested pm for info

North Texas Shockwave

Fleckensteinenheimen
JFlecky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 AM #8
p8ntbllfool

p8ntbllfool plays in the PSP
p8ntbllfool plays in the APPA D5 division
How soon will you be allowing air ball play at your field to practice?

FLORIDA/COLORADO/TENNESSEE PAINTBALL
p8ntbllfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:44 PM #9
COBLITZ

Annual Supporting Member
Fields are generally up by early March
Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 PM #10
p8ntbllfool

p8ntbllfool plays in the PSP
p8ntbllfool plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBLITZ View Post
Fields are generally up by early March
How is that justifiable when the APL has their first event in February? How is a team local to Blitz going to make a run for the series? We can't even practice

FLORIDA/COLORADO/TENNESSEE PAINTBALL
p8ntbllfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:47 PM #11
Ex0dus
OG killa

I dont understand this either^, I find it kind of unfair to the local scene that keeps the field alive, but I'm not here to make waves. Personally, I would volunteer the time to set up and break down, weather permitting.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:57 AM #12
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9

madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex0dus View Post
I dont understand this either^, I find it kind of unfair to the local scene that keeps the field alive, but I'm not here to make waves. Personally, I would volunteer the time to set up and break down, weather permitting.
Sorry but if you think Ike is bankrolling off speedball, no one laid out paintball business 101 for you... It's stupid for APL to be having an event so early if you ask me. But regardless, he won't have the air ball open because under a certain temperature, it damages the bunkers to be filled up and shot at. In between a rock and a hard place. APC and All-Star are both open.
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:38 PM #13
COBLITZ

Annual Supporting Member
I understand the desire to practice for an event.

I was very close to writing a 2 page or so explanation on why we do not have Air-ball fields up Late November - Early March.

Yes there are that many reasons...lol
They are generally down just over 3 months.
Please feel free to approach me at any time and ask and I will gladly explain the policy and how/why it became the way we do it.

We are not trying to be unfair, but we are a Business and have to justify expenses.

Mike is right, if you take the Air-Ball fields as a stand alone area, they loose Money. We would need to see sponsored "tourney" player attendance increase significantly over the 9 month season to Break even. Or have a lot more Rec players want to play on them.

Years Ago we left a field up during winter, it sustained a lot of damage. Was buried in snow 1/2 the time and hardly any tourney players showed up to play. Even on the warm days it was just the Hard core heavily sponsored players. (That does not cover cost)

You Have 2 Indoor fields During the Winter to practice at that would love the suport. Plus Hyper-ball is always a great way to keep your skills up. Hustle played a lot of Hyperball as well as rec ball last winter and look at their season. (Champions!)

Without Giving 2 many details -

Asking to have a Airball field up in the winter provides a lot of logistical problems since we keep our bunkers in good repair and washed. It requires extra staff, takes forever to put up and take down. Causes unnecessary damage to the bunkers, and drastically increases the operating expense of the area.
Also, in the end very few tourney players show up to play outdoor in the winter.
Winter Air Ball = More Work, problems, damage and expense/ Very few Players.

It is a Business Lose/Lose
This might change in the future, depending on circumstance. we will see.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:02 AM #14
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9

madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
I understand the desire to practice for an event.

I was very close to writing a 2 page or so explanation on why we do not have Air-ball fields up Late November - Early March.

Yes there are that many reasons...lol
They are generally down just over 3 months.
Please feel free to approach me at any time and ask and I will gladly explain the policy and how/why it became the way we do it.

We are not trying to be unfair, but we are a Business and have to justify expenses.

Mike is right, if you take the Air-Ball fields as a stand alone area, they loose Money. We would need to see sponsored "tourney" player attendance increase significantly over the 9 month season to Break even. Or have a lot more Rec players want to play on them.

Years Ago we left a field up during winter, it sustained a lot of damage. Was buried in snow 1/2 the time and hardly any tourney players showed up to play. Even on the warm days it was just the Hard core heavily sponsored players. (That does not cover cost)

You Have 2 Indoor fields During the Winter to practice at that would love the suport. Plus Hyper-ball is always a great way to keep your skills up. Hustle played a lot of Hyperball as well as rec ball last winter and look at their season. (Champions!)

Without Giving 2 many details -

Asking to have a Airball field up in the winter provides a lot of logistical problems since we keep our bunkers in good repair and washed. It requires extra staff, takes forever to put up and take down. Causes unnecessary damage to the bunkers, and drastically increases the operating expense of the area.
Also, in the end very few tourney players show up to play outdoor in the winter.
Winter Air Ball = More Work, problems, damage and expense/ Very few Players.

It is a Business Lose/Lose
This might change in the future, depending on circumstance. we will see.
It may change, BUT IT STARTS WITH US! If we are serious about having Blitz open, I'm sure a proper show of numbers on a day with decent weather would be a good start. This is a grassroots type thing, if we want it bad enough we can manifest it I'm sure. But it takes commitment and time.
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 AM #15
Desertpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike19 View Post
Sorry but if you think Ike is bankrolling off speedball, no one laid out paintball business 101 for you... It's stupid for APL to be having an event so early if you ask me. But regardless, he won't have the air ball open because under a certain temperature, it damages the bunkers to be filled up and shot at. In between a rock and a hard place. APC and All-Star are both open.
paintball business 101 is there are people going to APC to try to play airball.. (worst field ive ever been at) Dont set up on days its snowing and such.. maybe on really nice days have an airball set up. And have your "sponsored teams who arnt paying much" set the field up and take it down. Sponsored teams from where ive come from have always done that. and i wont lie, im not surprised its not a money maker when i pay 70 dollars to get on with a case. and im shooting that brown box blue egg crap that has an *** crack. last time i will by paint at the field. then look over at the rental folks who are shooting the valken round paint. Im not sure what message your trying to send. Obviously dont put the field out when its freezing, you guys seem to know well of your facebook page. If you offer decent paint at a decent price. and set the field up when its a nice day and get the "sponsored" teams to help set up and break down... isnt that what your sponsoring them for? supporting the field? Please help grow the sport. your field is great.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:33 AM #16
Paper_or_Plastic

Paper_or_Plastic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paper_or_Plastic supports Empire
Quote:
It may change, BUT IT STARTS WITH US! If we are serious about having Blitz open, I'm sure a proper show of numbers on a day with decent weather would be a good start. This is a grassroots type thing, if we want it bad enough we can manifest it I'm sure. But it takes commitment and time.
I can get on board with this, I think it's possible to get 20 people out their on a Sunday in February.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:53 AM #17
Desertpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_or_Plastic View Post
I can get on board with this, I think it's possible to get 20 people out their on a Sunday in February.
thank you. then you meet the "sponsored teams" that hate everyone.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:54 AM #18
Ex0dus
OG killa

Quote:
I guess I see the cause and effect of this a little differently. Because APL decided to make an event happen so early, the right thing to do is be amicable. I know I'm not the only one that would volunteer the set up and break down of bunkers plus raking. You get two teams that want to practice/scrim, and that's all the man power you need. Plus its good for the community in more ways than one. Places all over the country play all winter, "Weather permitting". There are places with a lot worse weather than Denver, no?

Again, I'm not trying to make waves. I understand setting up an airball field every weekend isn't viable, but from my past experience-if you provide the paintball community a chance to do this, it's win/win even though it's only a small bonus on top of the recball crowd. I've seen many fields over the years, I know the sheer money is in recball...but I also know that local tournaments and people buying high end equipment keeps the sport alive, making a paintball field a viable business.

I'm not saying anyones doing it wrong.
I'm just saying that I would donate the winter bunkers and gather a volunteer crew, if I had the opportunity

"It may change, BUT IT STARTS WITH US! If we are serious about having Blitz open, I'm sure a proper show of numbers on a day with decent weather would be a good start. This is a grassroots type thing, if we want it bad enough we can manifest it I'm sure. But it takes commitment and time."

This^^. Yep!

Old 01-19-2014, 03:12 AM #19
Paper_or_Plastic

Paper_or_Plastic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paper_or_Plastic supports Empire
I'm also going to volunteer my services to setup and take down a field. I think if we want to try and get some game's in this early in the year you have to make sure the weather is okay but I mean look at this weekend it was beautiful.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:03 AM #20
COBLITZ

Annual Supporting Member
Desert Paintball.
Our new Field paint is "war paint", it is in a Brown box to save money on production. It is a Mid level Valken Ball. When a Paintball Company makes a Ball, the cost of the Box and the Advertising of the Brand must be included in the price. By going with a non Brand Box, we were able to get a higher grade ball with a great price. This ball is only being offered to a few Large volume Valken fields so it also helps us control paint since we will be the only Colorado field with it. I have been assured by Valken this Ball is more comparable to a Fate/Crusade in its fill, the way it shoots and Breaks than ECHO. It is a 100% PEG BAll. With a Winter and Summer Blend.

In other words, it is a UPGRADE from ECHO.
P.S. Often on a solid color ball that is not shiny the seam that is on all paintballs is more visible.

This is part of the problem, from the outside looking in we think we know what is going on, but often we are wrong.

I do not have time now but if needed I will give a more in depth explanation on Air Ball later.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 PM #21
Ex0dus
OG killa

Quote:
Desert Paintball.
Our new Field paint is "war paint", it is in a Brown box to save money on production. It is a Mid level Valken Ball. When a Paintball Company makes a Ball, the cost of the Box and the Advertising of the Brand must be included in the price. By going with a non Brand Box, we were able to get a higher grade ball with a great price. This ball is only being offered to a few Large volume Valken fields so it also helps us control paint since we will be the only Colorado field with it. I have been assured by Valken this Ball is more comparable to a Fate/Crusade in its fill, the way it shoots and Breaks than ECHO. It is a 100% PEG BAll. With a Winter and Summer Blend.

In other words, it is a UPGRADE from ECHO.
P.S. Often on a solid color ball that is not shiny the seam that is on all paintballs is more visible.

This is part of the problem, from the outside looking in we think we know what w not have time now but if needed I will give a more in depth explanation on Air Ball later.

I must respectfully disagree. There is a night and day difference between the two paints. The blue stuff is typical brown box B grade paint, the echo is true mid grade. I could care less about the box or color of shell as long as its fairly round. The blue paint is not round, has a formidable seam, and i found lot with dimples. Put the two next to each other, then put a hopper of each thru your gun. Tell me what you think after that.

l dont know how anyone can compare the white shell vs the blue, the difference is really obvious. Open a bag of each and sift thru them. That paint should be cheaper than echo hands down, I'm kind of disappointed for the 70 bux i dropped to be honest. Paint should be round enough to shoot strait out of high end markers, i dont care what box it comes in. I didn' . Break any in the breach of my gun, but had several break a few inches down the barrel, that should say sonething as far as the shape of the paint.

Last edited by Ex0dus : 01-19-2014 at 01:06 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups