Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-14-2007, 01:22 PM #22
shamu
Transplanted

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farside_Logan View Post
i don't get the people who run the psp, not the format.

i get xball. you run around with a machine gun, people direct you towards the bad guys, dying isn't really punished... sounds like a sweet video game.

-logan
HAHAHAHA

that's classic. thanks, I needed a laugh
shamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2007, 08:40 PM #23
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:

i get xball. you run around with a machine gun, people direct you towards the bad guys, dying isn't really punished... sounds like a sweet video game.

-logan
nice i like it
Old 12-18-2007, 08:50 PM #24
little_pballer

hehe you better watch what you say about the NPPL in public forums. they banned our whole team from Boston this year for suggesting changes they should make after we were made to replay a game in quarterfinals.
hope they dont read this

NURV
NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER
FIERCE
UPRISING
little_pballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 PM #25
KingoftheSouth
MWA

Undoubtable they already have...and I didn't know they could ban you for making suggestions. Chicago Farside ftw
KingoftheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 PM #26
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
little pballer - is that true? or rather... they banned you, did they give you a reason? it's hard to imagine that they'd turn down an entrance fee.

and for the record, i do in fact like playing xball, i just wouldn't want to commit to it full time.

-logan
Farside_Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:17 AM #27
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
robinsucks is a Supporting Member
robinsucks is a founding member
robinsucks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robinsucks supports our troops
robinsucks has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
robinsucks is a Forum Captain
Yeah, it is true. Team Nurv right?

Didn't you play NPPL again later in the year though?
robinsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:49 AM #28
tom_222

tom_222 is a Professional paintball player
Nurv played KC & SD.....we played them both events.
tom_222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:02 PM #29
little_pballer

Yes it is true. We were banned for "flaming the NPPL" It was ruled that we were not allowed to play Boston. Shawn Walker lifted all of our suspensions except are captains one week before Boston event, which we couldn't afford to buy plane tickets and come up with the entry fee one week before an event (we are a NW team) We did finish out the season in hopes that the NPPL would figure out their problems and improve, but after KC witch ended in a tie, and we watched other games being replayed, we knew there would be no hope in changes. Our team does not know what we will be doing next year as far as NPPL or PSP yet.

NURV
NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER
FIERCE
UPRISING
Old 12-20-2007, 02:15 AM #30
dye4lifepaintball

The nppl died when chuck left. I played in Hb and those were the dumbest refs ever. I mean a call against our team for wiping and yet there is no paint any where on the bunker. Then they admit there wrong and just say talk to the head ref. Same thing happened with Rockitkidz. One of the teams threw the game so that RIK wouldnt make into the semis. The NPPL was warned before the game and yet they didnt do anything about it. Millenium series for the win.
Dunlop
Pro-tec
Factory Backing
One Industries
North County Yamaha
dye4lifepaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 PM #31
SpeedballTrix
SPARTAAAAAAAAAA!!!

When I left serious paintball in 2003 the NPPL was THE league.
It's sad that I had to come back to this.

On a lighter note: "i get xball. you run around with a machine gun, people direct you towards the bad guys, dying isn't really punished... sounds like a sweet video game." is one of the funniest truisms Ive heard in a while.

Logan FTW

Cousins Tournament Series: Gone but not forgotten.

MacDev Droid and Cyborg. Destroyers of faces.
SpeedballTrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:40 PM #32
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's

paintball_chick407 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintball_chick407 supports our troops
paintball_chick407 supports DLX Technology
1) farside_hass, your avie is made of awesome.
2) The NPPL is working at marketing itself to other industries. They have to hype themselves up. Its like when you go to meet your girlfriends parents. Anything good about you your going to embellish. They can't control the weather, and I understand the player's reactions, but there are a lot of hard working people who put everything into the events, and I've heard that a lot of the problems you all have voiced are being looked at. Right, as I get kicked out of another thread! *please note I love you all... kind of!*
"keep me buzzed and i'll love you all forever...
except i'll love meme more because she has mommy parts..."
paintball_chick407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM #33
Farside_Logan
Chicago Farside '07

Farside_Logan is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedballTrix View Post
When I left serious paintball in 2003 the NPPL was THE league.
that, is a 'truism'.

and what's with the above commentary? do you work for the nppl or were you just unaware of the severity of their problems?

i understand that the nppl is seeking outside corporate approval of what they're doing, and while that may be a noble goal (uh...) it has nothing do you with playing paintball on an even playing field (a.k.a. fun).

we all appreciate the hard working people who put on the events and the refs who don't suck. i even met one ref that was really good in SD, but i also met about a half dozen that were inept. and then there's those in charge... all they have to do is enforce the rules (no ties) and leave the field layouts alone. essentially, they have to work less.

i'm not going to keep writing about this. it's unhappy and boring.

-logan
Farside_Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 PM #34
little_pballer

Quote:
that, is a 'truism'.

and what's with the above commentary? do you work for the nppl or were you just unaware of the severity of their problems?

i understand that the nppl is seeking outside corporate approval of what they're doing, and while that may be a noble goal (uh...) it has nothing do you with playing paintball on an even playing field (a.k.a. fun).

we all appreciate the hard working people who put on the events and the refs who don't suck. i even met one ref that was really good in SD, but i also met about a half dozen that were inept. and then there's those in charge... all they have to do is enforce the rules (no ties) and leave the field layouts alone. essentially, they have to work less.

i'm not going to keep writing about this. it's unhappy and boring.

-logan

well then well see yea in 2008!

-Butcher

NURV
NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER
FIERCE
UPRISING
Old 12-21-2007, 01:05 AM #35
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_chick407 View Post
1) farside_hass, your avie is made of awesome.
2) The NPPL is working at marketing itself to other industries. They have to hype themselves up. Its like when you go to meet your girlfriends parents. Anything good about you your going to embellish. They can't control the weather, and I understand the player's reactions, but there are a lot of hard working people who put everything into the events, and I've heard that a lot of the problems you all have voiced are being looked at. Right, as I get kicked out of another thread! *please note I love you all... kind of!*
Yes, Hass has the best avatar here.

I don't blame the NPPL for trying to market itself, but if they allow the product to rot away in the process, what are they selling in the end aside from hype? We prefer this league to the other one. We choose to play it over the PSP. However, after a certain point they have to put some effort into the actual product: the reffing, the fields, the schedule and the actual games.

We aren't trying to bash the people doing the physical work. We know most of them are trying and most do a fine job - you included. But the people in charge have to know that the rest of the paintball world thinks they are screwing up big time because of the ridiculous mistakes being made at the leadership level. Those mistakes are overshadowing all the good the rest of you are doing. I know that after each silly mistake they swear it won't happen again (like the tie and moving bunkers around) but there are other foolish mistakes that they have made more than once like replaying games, using the wrong bunker event after event, not reforming the rules committee and the horrible reffing inconsistencies. This isn't the time to say "our focus is somewhere else" and move on. Of course your focus is somewhere else because if it was on actual game play and you were having these problems, I'd have to say the people in charge are borderline simple. This is a time to fix the product before all you have left is hype and the league is gone.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:50 PM #36
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Quote:

Logan,

you know the nice girl that does the after-game interviews during NPPL Live?

Thats her. So yes, she works for the NPPL
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:53 PM #37
robinsucks
It means Vicious

Annual Supporting Member
You have to realize, we haven't really seen NPPL live, we are at the event.

Logan might remember her as the girl who does the post-game interviews and really might remember her as the girl interviewing Alex while he was throwing paintballs at them.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:45 PM #38
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
4leaf4life plays in the PSP
4leaf4life posts videos on PbNation
4leaf4life plays in the APPA Pro division
4leaf4life is Legendary
4leaf4life supports DLX Technology
Quote:

-logan

haha a w e s o m e

if you ever wanna link up our game systems and play this sweet video game let me know
4leaf4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:06 PM #39
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsucks View Post
Yes, Hass has the best avatar here.

I don't blame the NPPL for trying to market itself, but if they allow the product to rot away in the process, what are they selling in the end aside from hype? We prefer this league to the other one. We choose to play it over the PSP. However, after a certain point they have to put some effort into the actual product: the reffing, the fields, the schedule and the actual games.

We aren't trying to bash the people doing the physical work. We know most of them are trying and most do a fine job - you included. But the people in charge have to know that the rest of the paintball world thinks they are screwing up big time because of the ridiculous mistakes being made at the leadership level. Those mistakes are overshadowing all the good the rest of you are doing. I know that after each silly mistake they swear it won't happen again (like the tie and moving bunkers around) but there are other foolish mistakes that they have made more than once like replaying games, using the wrong bunker event after event, not reforming the rules committee and the horrible reffing inconsistencies. This isn't the time to say "our focus is somewhere else" and move on. Of course your focus is somewhere else because if it was on actual game play and you were having these problems, I'd have to say the people in charge are borderline simple. This is a time to fix the product before all you have left is hype and the league is gone.
Agreed! We have tried to bring forth ideas to the NPPL about reffing and such, but it just seems to land on deaf ears. We started a thread with the NPPLS and suggested ways to improve the reffing. I haven't seen anything come to fruition yet.

Yes we got banned from Boston because we voiced our opinions on how bad the reffing was in tampa (first replayed game in the semis). Then KC and SD happened and i saw more and more PRO teams singing the same story we sang when we got banned. What a double standard!

On side not i would like to say that the NPPL has put in a steering committee, made up of PRO players: Fraige, Lemanski, Telford and others. I am not sure what this will resolve, but its a step in the right direction.
undrdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM #40
JkyleT

I personally think NPPL is a joke.I love playing 7 man but NPPL is terrible. I played HB and my team was just flat out robbed of first place.We were shooting people and the refs were just wiping them off.

Old Feedback
www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=839002
JkyleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM #41
810Chad810

810Chad810 is a Supporting Member
I truly believe that the NPPL does exaggerate the players opinions, it has been that way since the split. The NPPL believes they have a better product than the PSP, yet year after year they continue to loose more and more money, where their competitor (the PSP) has managed to profit, break even or not loose as much money as the NPPL. The NPPL's attendance for the year ending event is a joke compared to the PSP.

The NPPL may put on these "Rock Star" style events, booking parking lots at major stadiums across the US, but I believe they have lost grasp of what paintball is about. I truly believe that the league is almost trying to hard to be something that is not. The industry is not a billion dollar industry, it is not like any other sport in the world. And I believe we are trying to mimic other followings and that is why the NPPL is the way it is. The format requires a great deal of knowledge about fundamentals which is why I have respect for "non-coached" paintball. Yet the way the NPPL runs it I find it to be boring.

Now the PSP is a weird league also. I say this because it is ran more like a business were profit outweighs growth of the sport. The reason why I say this is because of the lack of promotion the league does for it self. It simply is there for the almighty dollar. It cares less how many outside spectators they get. And yes the format is fun because of your ability to have "Redo's" but it is to repetitive for the spectator making it boring.

My solution to making paintball awesome again is to have a league where electronic guns are banned and you bring back wood and mound fields. Saves on money and brings more fundamentals and skill back to the game. Paintball will still be boring to watch...but so is chess and that crap is on TV still.

I also think its "sweet" that both the PSP and NPPL feel that they censorship gods also.

-Chad

SoMich OG #3
810Chad810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM #42
AK407

if u watch the UKS episode it shows all the problems they had with refs too
AK407 is offline   Reply With Quote