Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM #1
diingleberry
mmmhmmmmm?

Upgrade my PMI E-force, or get a new gun??

I want a really fast, reliable gun for under $200, or mod out my pirahna

i already have a PMI E-force Core static (all stock)
and i was wondering if i should get upgrades for it or buy a new gun
the upgrades come out to $110

or im thinking of getting an ion or a vibe...
heres some pics of the upgrades

Superfly bolt:: $35

Proto barrel:: $30

Delrin trigger:: $25

T-board:: $20

and heres a pic of the guns insides, stock.

And one more question:::::::
would they let you use pirahnas in tournys?
or do you have to have a certain gun???

thanks for reading
diingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 PM #2
Hellopeople
I hate my username ):

yes i would upgrade it and you can pm steveschmucker hes got lots of parts for sale, and yes you can use it in touraments, you'll probabaly just have to put the tournament lock on.
Hellopeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 AM #3
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

my opinion, get a better gun. for 200 you can probably find a lot better. i love piranha and stand by them, dont get me wrong, but a 200 buget is past the piranha level imo. i hate ions but you can get a pretty good set up for that. diablo wraths rip and below 200. keep looking. if you spend a lot of money on the piranha its not going to help its resale unfortuantly.

PBNation Feedback

Ebay Feedback
steveschmucker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:08 PM #4
6ix
Smart Parts WHORE

i had your gun then asked the same question back in the day......i bought an ion instead of upgrading, and now im moving onto an epi......my advice if you raelly want to get into tournys and such to get a new gun, somehting a lil faster and quiter.

had no problem with my ion for over 2 years did basic cleaning afte games and never choped a ball.....my Piranha choped liked crazy and was REALLY load so ppl new where i was all the time so i would say get cheap if not used ion you can get them for like 150 now and then buy a steel no2 tank for 50 and there you have a fast gun for 200....sell your piranha and then you got money for what ever you want.

New 07 Smartparts Epiphany Silver/white
stock
6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:38 PM #5
miyounggun
peace *****

a new gun is going to be your best bet... i wish iwouldhave done that awhile ago... i just kept getting the same style over and over and i asked the same question... but then i moved up after awhile of thought... it was a really good descion... i have less problems, more money, and a oober cool gun so my advice... just get a new gun ....
miyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 PM #6
diingleberry
mmmhmmmmm?

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyounggun View Post
a new gun is going to be your best bet... i wish iwouldhave done that awhile ago... i just kept getting the same style over and over and i asked the same question... but then i moved up after awhile of thought... it was a really good descion... i have less problems, more money, and a oober cool gun so my advice... just get a new gun ....
alright thanks man
diingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 PM #7
Dead_Body

There's Diablo Wrath's at around the $100 mark and NIB Promasters are available for $130. Both have a good rep for decent reliability and shoot like crazy. I had a Promaster myself for a short time and it shot great. Just decided that I didn't like electro guns.... which I'm sort of regreting just now thanks to all the super sweet closeout deals. But darn it, I'm going to stick to my guns.... so to speak...

As much as I love my basic blowbacks if you're looking for a ramping ripper then it's time to set the Piranha aside as your backup and loaner and get something else.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 PM #8
z4pp

I have a Piranha EXT e-force, Spyder extra, Ion and SP-1. I started out w/ the less expensive blow-backs and thought they were OK, until my sear and hammer started deforming- so I was thinking, if I fix it, it will have the same problem later- so I found an Ion for $150 and wow.... what a difference! No kick! No noise! NO SPRINGS!!!!!!! (I was always swapping out springs, even w/ a regulator to adjust velocity...) no hammer to wear out.
You can get a new Ion for $165 from Firstcall. That was easy. I just got the SP-1 for my son, who had been using the Spyder... The bolt-out back feature is great- much easier than the Spyder of Piranha (no springs!!!!).

Something you will hear from everyone who dosn't shoot an Ion w/ CO2, is that you have to get HPA. You don't. Keep your CO2 tank, get a coiled remote and vertical tank-mounted belt and the Ion will work just fine. I have that exact set-up and have not had any probelms in over 100 hours of actual playing time.
z4pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:36 PM #9
diingleberry
mmmhmmmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4pp View Post
I have a Piranha EXT e-force, Spyder extra, Ion and SP-1. I started out w/ the less expensive blow-backs and thought they were OK, until my sear and hammer started deforming- so I was thinking, if I fix it, it will have the same problem later- so I found an Ion for $150 and wow.... what a difference! No kick! No noise! NO SPRINGS!!!!!!! (I was always swapping out springs, even w/ a regulator to adjust velocity...) no hammer to wear out.
You can get a new Ion for $165 from Firstcall. That was easy. I just got the SP-1 for my son, who had been using the Spyder... The bolt-out back feature is great- much easier than the Spyder of Piranha (no springs!!!!).

Something you will hear from everyone who dosn't shoot an Ion w/ CO2, is that you have to get HPA. You don't. Keep your CO2 tank, get a coiled remote and vertical tank-mounted belt and the Ion will work just fine. I have that exact set-up and have not had any probelms in over 100 hours of actual playing time.

Alright, thanks man, i decided im getting an Ion.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:47 AM #10
ahayes

if u get an ion u need hpa u can get a steely for about 40$

it will fire with co2 but eventually lead to your gun breaking and expensive repairs(alot more than 40$)
ahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:28 PM #11
xSlinkyx
Enemy at the six!

The thing w/ shooting CO2 through the Ion is if liquid gets in the solenoid, it's fried and will have to be replace. Go w/ a $40 aluminum hpa tank (they don't make 'em out of steel anymore).
Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM #12
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
personally, I would stay away from the ion and get the promaster, I own both along with my evo, the promaster owns out of the 3, and definatly don't go with the new vibe's, I went to all american (sp field here in pittsburgh) and in the time it took me to fill out my release waiver, they had 3 of them brought up to the store that were broken already, and they didn't seem that nice from what I saw when people were shooting them
fishballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote