Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-27-2016, 04:53 PM #1
FeiLong

Classic mag + co2, which expansion chamber?

My friend is giving me a classic mag he's had in storage for 10+ years and I want to have a nice mech that will handle co2 or hpa well.

I've got a small angled mini drop (scavenged off an old spyder) and I was wondering which X chamber to choose?

An ACI subzero 4 stage or a Dead On X-core 8 stage. I don't really want one of the ginormous ones that extend really far below the grip frame's bottom and so narrowed it down to those two.

I'm not looking at this as my primary gun or even primary mech, just a fun project / loaner and co2 capable so I can play in the woods at a couple of places where HPA isn't readily available.

Thoughts?

Edit: I was also thinking of an RT on/off, lvl 10 bolt, and Helios body when I can afford them. Are those co2 compatible? Probably going to leave it single trigger to keep the ROF co2 friendly and slap a CP barrel on it. Oh, and what is up with he trend of automags and short barrels? I've seen more pictures of mags with 6-10" barrels than any other gun.

Last edited by FeiLong : 05-27-2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: More ?'s
FeiLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM #2
going_home
Hebrews 13:8

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
going_home supports Ninja Paintball
Just get an HPA tank, forget the CO2.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong
going_home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:19 PM #3
FeiLong

I have 3 HPA tanks and 6 guns, only one of which I feel comfortable running on co2, a GoG Enmey. My hometown only has co2 fills available.

I like projects. Right now I'm injured and can't play so I build and tinker and loan things out to friends and family

Last edited by FeiLong : 05-27-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:11 AM #4
HolySokz

HolySokz is playing at Living Legends VI
HolySokz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HolySokz supports Empire
It's not like mags never ran on co2. . I would skip making it R/T. But main things is expansion chamber and anti-siphon for the tank you want to use with it.
HolySokz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:18 PM #5
FeiLong

Cool, thanks!

I have an RT rail and a VASA that doesn't seem to fit. It's grooved on the top and I think it needs a flat topped one.

Edit:

The vasa was a classic but didn't fit the RT length rail I had. Got an RT pro ASA and it's all good

Last edited by FeiLong : 06-19-2016 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:48 AM #6
FeiLong

So I found out the ACI subzero is a better expansion chamber than the x-core. I researched and then just got both, at 10-13 a piece they were cheap enough. X-core is way comfier and more ergonomic though.

I dug up another angled drop forward for it. A different friend had a SP drop in their toolbox for years.

Also found out the dimensions for the RT on/off. Most likely gotta get a 740 pin (728 might work too it depends on the individual marker) to run it in a classic valve.

I think I'll keep it single trigger to keep the rate of fire at levels that don't frost the marker. After all it's only for the odd outlaw game with people shooting spyders and tippys in the backwoods.

I was looking into a Helios body for 85 + feedneck and detent separate. ULE bodies were 135 to 150. Then someone offered me a ULE bodied classic for $100 and I couldn't pass it up.

So uhh... Now I have two mags. That was unexpected...

Still never did figure out what the 6-10" barrel trend was. Nostalgia for when they came stock with barrels that length?

Idk

Last edited by FeiLong : 06-19-2016 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:10 PM #7
demented pumper
AKA Superman

I would go with a .740-.745 pin.

AUTOMAG PARTS FOR SALE

Feedback

AO-Captian pinky
MCB- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:14 PM #8
HolySokz

HolySokz is playing at Living Legends VI
HolySokz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HolySokz supports Empire
I think the classic mag was limited to 13bps, because of recharge. I'll have to look.
HolySokz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:09 PM #9
demented pumper
AKA Superman

that would be incorrect. people have done videos where classic valves have been shot using hyperframes at 20 bps with out shootdown.

AUTOMAG PARTS FOR SALE

Feedback

AO-Captian pinky
MCB- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:22 PM #10
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiLong View Post

Still never did figure out what the 6-10" barrel trend was. Nostalgia for when they came stock with barrels that length?

Idk
Because why make it longer? When you're playing tournaments in the woods and hard surface "concept" or hyperball fields, short overall length is the way to go.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote