PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 PM #22
Adema3412
Give me fiction

has been a member for 10 years
There is nothing wrong with drugs or premarital sex.
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 PM #23
JVFRMTHE3

rap music is just a way to express yourself. i dont think its a negative effect on society. from age 14 to 17 i could relate to it, it didnt cause me to do stuff i have done. it was fun to hear someone talking about it. there has always been sex before marrige and drugs its nothing new but now people are saying it and dont give a ****. If you dont like it dont listen to it .

Death Before Dishonor
I play at
http://dozerspaintball.com/
http://forums.dozerspaintball.com/
JVFRMTHE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM #24
JcKa
post-Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_88 View Post
Maybe they should stop being retards and go get an education then. Just because someone lives in a bad area does not mean they are programmed to be the same. Anyone can get out of a bad area and go to school, or get a good job if they want. Most people are too ****ing lazy to do this however.
Ooh, good point. Schools that get fractions of the amount of money of other schools, areas that get fractions of public funding towards things like police and health services, areas where the homeless and poor are crammed into and tucked away, areas that are exploited and ignored because they've been conditioned to not expect anything from everyone, those areas, that are simply filled with beacons of hope, so supported by society, yet unfortunately, they're populated with people that are "too ****ing lazy" to "go get an education". When you've been born there, with nothing and nobody, you can prove how easy it is. And don't try to bring up the trite examples of occasional people making it out, because they occupy a margin so small that it is not applicable as an example of perseverence, merely an example of luck.

While it makes you feel better by telling yourself all this, it will never be true.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:33 PM #25
empiretimmy53

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsWhatSheSaid View Post
Anything that glorifies drugs, gangs, guns, fighting, premarital sex, can't be good . I'm not saying that all rap is like that, but in general it's not helping our cultural advancement.
I can guarantee that 99% of people in the US are doing things that support the worsening of our "cultural advancement" in some way or another. The path it is on cannot be changed.
empiretimmy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:42 PM #26
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
I'm not saying they're not in our societies. I'm talking about populace. I doubt that 70% of people in this country commit violent crimes or sling crack...... And if you're going to claim 100%'s here, you can't say certain cities don't count. That's retarded in and of itself.
The rap songs are about pre-existent culture. People sold drugs and killed people in the inner city long before music like that came out. Opera didn't make mafiosos ruthless killers, and neither does violent rap music. It may glorify it, but nobody kills another person because 50 told them to.

You listen to death metal, and people that listen to Cannibal Corpse or whatever don't go around raping dead children.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:52 PM #27
Lemurs, Man, Lemurs (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
There is nothing wrong with drugs or premarital sex.
I've a feeling your mine will change when you have kids.
Lemurs, Man, Lemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:55 PM #28
T Rex (Banned)

I hope to one day have kids and what will essentially be a wife without ever getting married.

Man, I hope I can meet a women who is as awesome as me and doesn't want to actually legally get married.
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM #29
juice_88
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarz View Post
Alright, I was wrong about what Kanye said, but that just proves the point I was trying to make in the first place: He only rapped about what was in his society.
Did you not read my previous post? He did NOT grow up in the ghetto. His mom had a PhD. I don't know about you, but I don't see many gang-banger drug dealing doctors living in the ghetto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlausen View Post
The rap songs are about pre-existent culture. People sold drugs and killed people in the inner city long before music like that came out. Opera didn't make mafiosos ruthless killers, and neither does violent rap music. It may glorify it, but nobody kills another person because 50 told them to.

You listen to death metal, and people that listen to Cannibal Corpse or whatever don't go around raping dead children.
I don't listen to cannibal corpse, so

Darker Qorners
juice_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 AM #30
noob_pwner

U Mad
noob_pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:04 AM #31
juice_88
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarz View Post
Alright, I was wrong about what Kanye said, but that just proves the point I was trying to make in the first place: He only rapped about what was in his society.
This was taken directly from wikipedia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Kanye's late mother, Dr. Donda West, worked as the Chair of the English Department at Chicago State University before retiring to serve as Kanye's manager. He was later raised in an upper middle class background, attending Polaris High School
How often do you see muggings and crack heads on street corners in an upper middle class area? And by the way: upper middle class means rich. Everyone knows no one claims to be rich, they're all this "upper middle class."

Darker Qorners
Old 12-07-2007, 10:49 AM #32
T Rex (Banned)

Quote:
Did you not read my previous post? He did NOT grow up in the ghetto. His mom had a PhD. I don't know about you, but I don't see many gang-banger drug dealing doctors living in the ghetto.
yeah so
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:37 AM #33
juice_88
Icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
yeah so
So he obviously wasn't singing about the culture and society he grew up in.

Darker Qorners
Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 PM #34
ninjarz (Banned)
I cheat at Pokemon

Quote:
But ghettos aren't the only place with drugs or sex... He rapped about the society he was in. Jesus, you're retarded. Get the stereotypes out of your head.
ninjarz is offline   Reply With Quote