Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 PM #1
ToxicPaintballz
NK #41

ToxicPaintballz is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Motif XS questions.

Ok well i was just about to pick up a Motif today in store but first I'd thought I'd come on here and ask a few questions, primarily being that if I don't have the cash for the XS8 how necessary is it to get the mlan16e2 board, I found the idea of the Motif controlling cubase to be a very useful to speed up my workflow(see later in post) as being able to transfer audio data as well...I was going to just USB connect it but from what I have gathered not being able to transfer audio data meant that I would use the Motif strictly to control my VST's(im runnin cubase 4) or having to record the motif's sounds through the audio jacks into an interface.

The reason I ask is that when i got my mpc1000 I didnt realize that the USB could not transfer my files directly into cubase, therefore I had to get a 2x1/4 jack to plug into the outputs and stuck the other end in my interface input; however this only records in mono and I find it to be tedious and incredibly frustrating to the point that I very rarely use the MPC, though I do love it to bits!

So to sum it all up:
If I dont have the mlan how do you get the motif sounds into my DAW?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement