has been a member for 10 years
Forgot my Flippers and snorkel

i think event 2 had really good potential
(if they would have cancelled it)
swimming was fun though
Old 06-01-2003, 07:29 PM #2
twistednjkid

ya... i left at about 11 it was horriable but i played indoor after so i was happy

nasty imp
Old 06-01-2003, 08:35 PM #3
Lost06Boys
eat,sleep,play paintball

we (lost boys) stayed all day and hopefully it was worth it
since so many teams left or never even showed up it prob helped move us up
Old 06-01-2003, 10:10 PM #4
lost01boys

They needed lifeguards on some of the fields

CA$HMONEY

ROCKING DA IR3
Old 06-01-2003, 10:21 PM #5
b1uedevi1
Giraffe

b1uedevi1 is a Supporting Member
or maybe more than 4 refs
Old 06-02-2003, 12:17 PM #6
player12345
ICE WHAT??

player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
Refs

There were not 4 refs on any of the fields since I split the refs up all 4 fields had 5 refs plus the head ref. Also had myself floating ( no joke intended) between fields. I fthere was a ref issue you should have brought it up at the event and I would have addresed the situation.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:03 PM #7
hawkey
I do things

hawkey is a Supporting Member
hawkey is a founding member
Problem was, the Head ref had to spend alot of time on paperwork, trying to figure out who was next, why games were missing, things like that. He couldn't have his complete attention on the game at hand.

Giving you 5 refs on the field. That left you 2 refs in on the field, and a just a few standing on the sidelines.

I saw alot of times where refs would call a player clean from behind the player, never going up in to check him. Other refs would. I understand the weather, the cold and the wind makes it really hard on the refs, but I think it was sub par.

You didn't really have time at all to go talk to anyone, because you were on 2 different fields at once, or you were trying to track down a team.

I was wondering why you dind't have a computer setup to rerun a new schedule instead of doing it by hand? IT takes literly 5 mins to type all the names of the teams that are left into the software and print it out.

Not have a schedule killed alot of teams. Having to go find teams was a pain in the ***, teams being on multiple fields at once, was a pain in the ***. Refs not having all the score sheets and teams being forced to come back to make up games = pain in the ***.

The paint shot great, the air fills were great. You guys couldn't do anything about the field conditions, but the scheduling problems I think could have been easily fixed with a small delay.

Just my personal opinion.....

Hawkey
Trader Feedback
url][/url]
Old 06-03-2003, 01:40 PM #8
player12345
ICE WHAT??

player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
Scheduling

Just a note many teams might not know the schedule is done on the friday before the event by hand not by computer software because there isn't a program yet that doesnt make mistakes. The reason the schedule had to be redone is because 31 teams decided not to play. Yes that is 31 teams. With that number a whole new schedule had to be redone. Plus once we started to play and we asked all the teams if they were staying another 6 teams left after 2 games when the rain kept falling putting more problems into the schedule. As I stated before if there was any problems with the # of refs it should have been brought to my attention. There were more than enough refs and they pulled many penaltys (1 for 1s) and a few 3 for 1s/ plus not to mention that we ejected someone for throwing his marker. If there wasn't enough refs there would be fewer penaltys. One last note then I'll stop my rambling most fields and tournments that I have played both nationally and locally have the same # of refs, that is if your playing a 3 man you should have 3 refs plus the head ref, 5 man = 5 refs plus head, 7 man is usually 5 refs plus the head and 10 man if your very lucky 8 refs plus the head ref. To all the teams that played I commend you for sticking it out you are true ballers and appreciate the sport and to my fellow refs I can only give props to a job well done and first round is on me in Chi town.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:19 AM #9
Delmarva Paintball
Collecting Nickles

In my opinion the reffing at this event was far superior to the first. Sure there were a few things I didn't agree with, but overall, what I saw was quality reffing.
The first event had fields with 3 or 4 refs for a 5 man event and I heard and saw players laughing about how easy it was to cheat (yeah, you Ricky Martin Ironmen), this time I saw 5 refs on each field and that didn't happen.
I do wonder however, what would have happened if all the teams stayed and we used field #3. It seems to me that would have taken a ref from each field and brought the total back down to 4 refs for each field. At an event of this size with this many experienced teams you must have a minimum of 5 refs per field. If you can't get that many refs together then use fewer fields.

Air was not an issue. Good job.
The wait between games was still an issue (somewhat), but it was caused by so many teams bailing out.

Overall a much better event than #1 (even with the crap weather). We'll be back.

www.TacticalAdventureGames.com
Old 06-10-2003, 04:41 PM #10
Global Paintball Inc
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by b1uedevi1
or maybe more than 4 refs

there was not only 4 refs on any of the fields....Maybe you guys should learn how to count...

Brian L. Barno
(610) 966-4780
www.globalpaintball.com
Old 06-10-2003, 04:44 PM #11
Global Paintball Inc
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally posted by hawkey
Problem was, the Head ref had to spend alot of time on paperwork, trying to figure out who was next, why games were missing, things like that. He couldn't have his complete attention on the game at hand.

Giving you 5 refs on the field. That left you 2 refs in on the field, and a just a few standing on the sidelines.

I saw alot of times where refs would call a player clean from behind the player, never going up in to check him. Other refs would. I understand the weather, the cold and the wind makes it really hard on the refs, but I think it was sub par.

You didn't really have time at all to go talk to anyone, because you were on 2 different fields at once, or you were trying to track down a team.

I was wondering why you dind't have a computer setup to rerun a new schedule instead of doing it by hand? IT takes literly 5 mins to type all the names of the teams that are left into the software and print it out.

Not have a schedule killed alot of teams. Having to go find teams was a pain in the ***, teams being on multiple fields at once, was a pain in the ***. Refs not having all the score sheets and teams being forced to come back to make up games = pain in the ***.

The paint shot great, the air fills were great. You guys couldn't do anything about the field conditions, but the scheduling problems I think could have been easily fixed with a small delay.

Just my personal opinion.....

Hawkey

I agree that tracking down teams was a pain in the ***. If teams would have payed attention to the announcements or just look at the schedule posted as it was done under the pavillion I would not have had to go looking for teams. I also do own a scheduling program, but the program still has too many flaws to use at this time.

Brian L. Barno
(610) 966-4780
www.globalpaintball.com
Old 06-10-2003, 05:23 PM #12
avalanchejh

What i think

I felt that it was a great tourny just because it rains doesnt mean it has to be canceled Also I give major praise to both Brian and `Cindy. They run the best events that i have gone to. If all you guys want to ***** about the weather then go play something else. But it still was a great event.

P.S. So when are we getting them gun covers Brian

Last edited by avalanchejh : 06-10-2003 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:28 PM #13
b1uedevi1
Giraffe

b1uedevi1 is a Supporting Member
it wasnt just listening to announcements and looking at the new posted schedule. it happened twice. we would show up for a sceduled game and be skipped. the head ref just said he didnt have the game on his paper. so we waited with the team we were meant to play for a half hour b4 it got situated and then we had to run to our next game.

another thing was teams with gun problems. a team we were sceduled to play had a gun down and the refs gave them 5min to get one working. the team just didnt come back. we then waited 20min b4 being called to another field. we played the team later but imo the team either should have been forced to play with a gun down or just forfeitied the game. not the run around they got
Old 06-11-2003, 12:58 AM #14
NoElIsCoOl
BLING

it was fun

The fields were flooded, some on teh refs had it, but all in all it was a good tourney. They did the best they could with what they had. Even tho i was there on both of the cold and rainy days i had fun and that is all that counts. PS it has been over a week and i am still sick....!!!!!!!!!! lol up for the gpl
My Feedback
My Feedback

Help Me Pay my $160 phone bill. Buy my Gear!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:00 AM #15
NoElIsCoOl
BLING

hey player12345

were can i find info about the redz factory lessons this month?
My Feedback
My Feedback

Help Me Pay my $160 phone bill. Buy my Gear!