Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-18-2003, 02:28 AM #22
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The difference between teaching someone to wipe an teaching someone to commit a federal crime are two different things. While it is entirely unsporting to cheat on the level of wiping, you aren't actually commiting a crime. And honestly, how many people don't know how to wipe? Sure it may take a few tries to figure out how to do it more without anyone noticing, but everyone knows the basic concept, so they aren't revealing any secrets on cheating and getting away with it that people don't already know or won't figure out very quickly. And I'd actually have to go with Meph on the helping of refs on the field when they try to spot cheating. I say, leave it, and if someone uses the information for evil, bonus ball them.
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2003, 09:00 AM #23
noRhythm
Banned

I don't agree with wiping, I don't like the fact that its a part of paintball, but occasionaly I do it. It is there, and if you people want to discourage it so much, get off your computers, and write to NPPL or PSP. Trust me, if noobs did what they saw on this site, we'd all be in trouble.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:26 AM #24
TEAMAMBUSH
Boycott Smart parts

Thats so stupidto try and ban ppl that talk about wiping.Even the pros do it.I know that doesent make it rite but what about all the ppl that talk about drug use and breaking into the schoool bathroom.You didnt ban them and you shouldnt ban these ppl. It is all opinion.I dont think it is encouraging ppl to wipe when you tell them how. I think it is stupid that you even think about banning ppl for there opinion.I think as long as you keep it cleen they should not be banned.Your over here talking about banning ppl for a opinion and in another post you are talking about unbanning someone who posted numerous pics of african-american she-males or what ever you want to call them.Cmon guys.Use some common sence.Seriously!

www.bagofebola.com
Old 06-18-2003, 02:01 PM #25
tzaniq
Banned

lol

r/c, welcome to tournament paintball
Old 06-18-2003, 02:02 PM #26
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Okay to all those who say close it. I ask the same question to you.

Show me a school that will teach referees each and every one of these tricks that players do to cheat, and then I would actually think about it.

Until then it's not encouraging anybody. If people are going to wipe they are going to DESPITE that thread being there. And it's a great reference for referees (including myself!) to learn some of these tactics so the refs can know what to look out for.

And don't get on the soapbox with the "it's ruining the sport" schpiele. Everybody is so quick to say that anything will ruin the sport. You people say I'M WITH BUESEY ruins the sport! C'mon, get real and quit being so overdramatic.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 06-18-2003, 10:20 PM #27
sloth

well said meph