PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-01-2007, 10:02 PM #1
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)
I would like to shoot you

Looking to put together a SPPL Team

I want to put in a team for the 2008 Oregon Qualifier SPPL tournament.

For those of you that don't know what SPPL (Scenario Paintball Players League) is, allow me to explain...

SPPL is a scenario based, 10-man woodsball tournament sponsored by Special Ops Paintball. Games are 1 hour long and are held on fields that look something like this:

(Note: it is a diagram)

And I want to put a team in. Here is a little bit about myself...

My name is Mike Collard. I'm 15, and have played paintball for roughly 3 1/2 years. I've played in the woods for all of it and have played tournaments for about a year and half. I play primarily at Action Acres, but play at Xtremes, WWNW, and just about anywhere in SW Washington. I played with Arch Angels for about 9 months . If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Now back to the tournament.

I'm looking for experienced players. You don't have to be the best, just know your way around a field. I need about 9 guys. The event is held at Splat Action in Molalla Oregon, so if you knowing the fields around there (Kasong, Hamburger hill, Castles etc.) is a great plus. As far as age is concerned, I would prefer it if you where over 13, but thats up for debate.

Here is a breakdown of the actual cost of the tournament;

$250 SPPL Entry Fee
$250 Field Entry Fee
$2,000 paint (About 4 cases per person at $50 per case)
Total: $2,500 Dollars or $250 per person

No travel fees should be expected if you live in Oregon, and even SW Washington. And Food will be accounted for

Here is a Link To the SPPL Rules.

If you have any interest in becoming a part of this endeavor, post here and i will get in contact with you.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by SPAJJANDOIGGER : 12-04-2007 at 01:38 PM.
SPAJJANDOIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2007, 02:06 AM #2
DozerLVL

If you can put up with my lack of good sense, I'm in.
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 AM #3
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)

OK, where do you live?
Old 12-03-2007, 01:23 PM #4
DozerLVL

Coos Bay Oregon. You?
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM #5
Pod P1rate (Banned)
I <3 cookies nom nom.

Nice thats a good idea

good luck.
Pod P1rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:24 AM #6
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerLVL View Post
Coos Bay Oregon. You?
I live about 6 miles from Splat Action, near Oregon City.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:27 AM #7
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod P1rate View Post
Nice thats a good idea

good luck.
Thanks.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:38 AM #8
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
I would suggest you try to contact an existing NW SPPL team. As I remember, all the SPPl teams were having issues with getting enough players during the 2007 season.

Local SPPL teams:
Triad (good team, I have played with most of them)
Reaper Army

Not sure if they are still active:
Team Blacksheep
Forest Demons
RaymiusII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM #9
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post
I would suggest you try to contact an existing NW SPPL team. As I remember, all the SPPl teams were having issues with getting enough players during the 2007 season.

Local SPPL teams:
Reaper Army

Team Blacksheep
Forest Demons
Triad is a very well organized team, but sadly they didn't play last year. As far as Reaper, I haven't head of them. I don't know if Blacksheep is still around but I know Forest Demons are.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:12 PM #10
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

Where are the SPPL Events at?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:37 PM #11
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)

Splat Action Paintball in Molalla OR, there is one in Utah, Michigan,Georgia I believe, NY, and California. But I only plan on playing the Oergon Qualifier.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 AM #12
DozerLVL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAJJANDOIGGER View Post
Triad is a very well organized team, but sadly they didn't play last year. As far as Reaper, I haven't head of them. I don't know if Blacksheep is still around but I know Forest Demons are.
I went up to Salem and played in the Hitman tourny, Blacksheep are still around, just a bit scattered from what I hear. It would be an honer to play with them though.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 AM #13
SPAJJANDOIGGER (Banned)

Ya, I just heard that.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:05 PM #14
djballer1990

warpaint has a lot of players that are trying to hook up with a new sppl team. you should try talkn to them. also forest demons plays there and they got like third in naitonals. also i heard that warpiant is putting on some sppl affilated events next year to help new young teams play and i hear that the sppl has new divisins next year including a rookie division for young teams like yours. you can go to their websiteat www.scenariochallenge.com and see all their new info and stuff.
djballer1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:07 PM #15
SpajjandoiggerV.2 (Banned)
That Kid....

I will do that. Thanks.
SpajjandoiggerV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM #16
DozerLVL

SPPL PAINTBALL MARKER AND LOADER RULES

* Any marker not normally allowed at the host field
* Grenade or rocket launchers firing multiple projectiles (shotgun rounds)
* Any marker designed to fire larger than .68 caliber style paintball pellets
* Any marker designed to fire smaller than .68 caliber paintball pellets (i.e. RAP 4)
* Any paintball marker that has more than two barrels
* Any paintball marker that has been ADJUSTED to fire or more than 15 balls per second. Markers that are capable of more than 15 bps are permitted however they must be set to fire at15 BPS or Lower
* Any marker (at the discretion of an SPPL official or host field owner) that appears to be in an unsafe operational mode or condition
* Any marker that the SPPL feels is unsafe or may violate one or more of the above conditions
* Any electro-pneumatic* marker that is used in conjunction with ANY electronic force feed loader or with an advertised feed rate above 15 balls per second**
* Important Note: Owners of purely mechanical markers, blowback and sear trippers may use any loader they choose.

sweet. . .
Old 12-10-2007, 01:13 PM #17
Xaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymiusII View Post

Local SPPL teams:
Reaper Army

Team Blacksheep
Forest Demons
I believe Forest Demons took 1st locally and 3rd nationally last year... their home field is Warpaint in Salem. Blacksheep is still around, but didn't fare too well last year. Triad is a great group of guys & I believe they are planning on playing this next year. Forestfire out of Seattle had a couple of teams playing this last year, and fared pretty well both locally & nationally. Reaper Army is mostly in Washington, and I believe the Irregulators are based out of Spokane. That's about all the names I can drop right now.

We played at the Hitman event with guys from both Forest Demons & Blacksheep. Both teams seemed like really great guys. I believe Triad has a full roster, but they're always looking to recruit more people.

"Preach the gospel at all times, and when necessary use paint."

Proudly Sponsored by: Impact Action Sports, GI Sportz, Bellagios Pizza, Guru Gun Stands, Jimmy Hickey Photography, Rockstar Energy

Last edited by Xaber : 12-10-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Xaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 PM #18
SpajjandoiggerV.2 (Banned)
That Kid....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaber View Post
I believe Forest Demons took 1st locally and 3rd nationally last year... their home field is Warpaint in Salem. Blacksheep is still around, but didn't fare too well last year. Triad is a great group of guys & I believe they are planning on playing this next year. Forestfire out of Seattle had a couple of teams playing this last year, and fared pretty well both locally & nationally. Reaper Army is mostly in Washington, and I believe the Irregulators are based out of Spokane. That's about all the names I can drop right now.

We played at the Hitman event with guys from both Forest Demons & Blacksheep. Both teams seemed like really great guys. I believe Triad has a full roster, but they're always looking to recruit more people.
Ya, I've played with Triad before. If I can't get a roster together i'll hit up McGyver.
SpajjandoiggerV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:45 PM #19
DozerLVL

Any MOAR interest?
Old 12-15-2007, 12:56 PM #20
morrisjoshua

we actually got 3rd in the world championships.. only lost to cure or cruel or whatever.. everyone expected us to play smart parts.. still pissed about that one game..

2nd place points 3rd place finish ..ugg
morrisjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:08 PM #21
Miguel_54 (Banned)
I tried to take it Brad

Haha, must have sucked.
Miguel_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups