PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2007, 08:10 PM #22
Focus02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutocockerGuy View Post
instead of trying to file down the tanks pin.. it is also just alot more safe to put a tank oring in the bottom of the ASA, then screw your tank in and it will create a gap between the pin of the asa and tank which will require you to screw the tank in further.. past the relief hole and sealing the air.

And for recommend teflon tape.. that is a no-no with any gun that has a soleniod in it..Let a piece of that tape run threw the air line/regulator.. then you'll have alot more of stupid threads.. so.. use loc-tite, Blue is fine.
I'm not sure I agree with this idea.
Adding an extra oring in the ASA would not correct this from happening. And it might even block the relief hole? (maybe, not sure).

Also now the tank would not have as many 'threads' holding it onto the marker. So your correction for this was blue loc-tight, or is the loc-tight another attempt at an airtight seal, which is what the o-ring is for.
Also its not good practice to use loc-tight on fasteners that will be removed alot. Seeing how you remove a co2 tank every time you want it filled, odds are at some point you could get some loc-tight debris into the system, which would be about as bad as the teflon tape, neither of which is good.

I think Seans idea is better.
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2007, 12:29 PM #23
AutocockerGuy
Damn Im good

AutocockerGuy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Focus, please learn how to read a little better before quoting me.

No were did I say to apply loc-tite to the threads of a c02 tanks valve.. I was speaking on AIRLINES that the original poster asked if to use teflon on the elbows and hoses of his marker.

The o-ring would not keep the tank from screwing in to the original postion that is designed for the tank. It would simply keep the valve just a tiny bit further away from the asa pin than it would without the oring, that little gap would keep the tank's valve from opening to soon as it is without the oring there.

Please dont hate till you try this method. I've been playing for over 13 years now, and know my way around a paintball marker and the sport itself.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:35 PM #24
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus02 View Post
I'm not sure I agree with this idea.
Adding an extra oring in the ASA would not correct this from happening. And it might even block the relief hole? (maybe, not sure).

Also now the tank would not have as many 'threads' holding it onto the marker. So your correction for this was blue loc-tight, or is the loc-tight another attempt at an airtight seal, which is what the o-ring is for.
Also its not good practice to use loc-tight on fasteners that will be removed alot. Seeing how you remove a co2 tank every time you want it filled, odds are at some point you could get some loc-tight debris into the system, which would be about as bad as the teflon tape, neither of which is good.

I think Seans idea is better.
Ahaha. I will not comment on that, AG already did it for me.
______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:12 PM #25
Focus02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutocockerGuy View Post
Focus, please learn how to read a little better before quoting me.

No were did I say to apply loc-tite to the threads of a c02 tanks valve.. I was speaking on AIRLINES that the original poster asked if to use teflon on the elbows and hoses of his marker.

The o-ring would not keep the tank from screwing in to the original postion that is designed for the tank. It would simply keep the valve just a tiny bit further away from the asa pin than it would without the oring, that little gap would keep the tank's valve from opening to soon as it is without the oring there.

Please dont hate till you try this method. I've been playing for over 13 years now, and know my way around a paintball marker and the sport itself.
You are correct as I did mis-read the thread in regards to use of teflon/loc-tight, and your absolutely right. I'm still not sure about the extra o-ring, but if works, I guess you can't dispute the results.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as 'hate' as you put it. I will submit to your superior paintball experience and reading skills.
Oh, and ImpGod, nice way to 'not comment'..
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:15 PM #26
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Thanks.

I'm just hoping you forgot the dodgy.
______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote