Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-30-2007, 10:21 PM #22
weso98
FTB

ehh, i dont care what you say he is still pretty bad ***.
weso98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2007, 12:16 AM #23
ScOpEy
sheet nicka!

Are you serious? his show is meant to show people what to do in certain situations. The name of the show isn't "man survives on his own for a week without help"

How retarded do you have to be to say it's fake. Having a highway close to the scene has nothing to do with it. He was just talking about crossing that thing or whatever. None of the stuff he does is fake. what part about it is fake? When has he said he was going to go survive alone for X amount of days? I would be ****ing embarrassed to be one of the fags thats yells "ITS FAKE ITS FAKE!"
ScOpEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 AM #24
Pnuemagger
OVER THE LINE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOpEy View Post
Are you serious? his show is meant to show people what to do in certain situations. The name of the show isn't "man survives on his own for a week without help"

How retarded do you have to be to say it's fake. Having a highway close to the scene has nothing to do with it. He was just talking about crossing that thing or whatever. None of the stuff he does is fake. what part about it is fake? When has he said he was going to go survive alone for X amount of days? I would be ****ing embarrassed to be one of the fags thats yells "ITS FAKE ITS FAKE!"
It's fake because the show is airing under te pretense that he is actually in "the wild" doing all this stuff without assistance. Have you even read any of the links I posted on page 1? No where does the show state these shows are done with some prearrangement. Hell, Bear Grylls even had a public address admitting to various parts of the show being staged.

This is the shows mission statement taken directly from the shows website...
http://www.channel4.com/science/micr...or/series.html
"With little more than a knife and the clothes on his back, Bear puts himself in the position of a stranded tourist by parachuting into the middle of some of the world's greatest natural wildernesses, including the Amazon, the swamps of the Everglades, the Alps and the Moab Desert.

Followed by an intrepid camera crew, Bear's challenge is to use his survival training and instincts to survive and reach civilisation safely.

Along the way he demonstrates how to overcome the worst that the natural world can throw at you, whether it's physical obstacles such as vertical rock faces, stormwater and quicksand, or flora and fauna ranging from alligators to snakes and poisonous plants.

In the snows of the Alps he has to preserve warmth, and in the Moab Desert he must stay cool. But ultimately, survival depends on finding something to eat, and Bear finds surprising sources of food. He's not squeamish he eats maggots and zebra as well as live fish and frogs.

As well as providing a thrilling adventure as Bear overcomes apparently impossible odds to get to safety, the series is a valuable guide to some of the basics of survival."
So in short... it claims he's struggling to survive and teaching people how to do so along the way.
Well, he is not "struggling" because many of the scenes are staged and alot of the side info/lessons he is teaching are not nearly the best way to handle situations, sometimes they are dangerously misleading. So based on the fact that niether of the shows goals are actually what is happening... yeah, I'd say the show is phony.

Let me guess, you're one of those guys that watches Sopranos to learn how to be a successful in the mafia?
Pnuemagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 PM #25
dwion1337 v.2
The Mods Hate Me :(

lol when he gets inside it.

Star Frame'd Etek and Custom Anno DM6
Bring Back Indecision '08

So, ****... be there!

This forum requires you to wait until you're at least 15 to post. Please try again in 3 years.
dwion1337 v.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:49 AM #26
XxInFinITyxX
Shazam!

Wow why do people care so much that he is not really doing everything alone, and stays at hotels or w/e? Seriously, you have to be pretty obsessed with him to figure out every last thing that he did fake. I don't mean any one in this thread I just mean in general like sooo many people are out there trying to prove everything he does is fake.(this thread made me realise with all the vids and ****)
Old 12-02-2007, 03:43 PM #27
Roy

has been a member for 10 years
i can honestly say I would do anything he has done so far.. for the money hes making .. wtf its just a dead camel..

Marq 6 F/S/T

Last edited by Roy : 12-02-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: typo
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:25 PM #28
the paintballa (Banned)

GO SURVIVER MAN now that show isnt fake
the paintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:51 AM #29
shockerman03

shockerman03 supports Pev's Paintball
jesus christo wholey bamfness!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 AM #30
:Grape Drink: (Banned)

untill i see you guys jump in literally 10 degree water and swim then you should just stfu. He IS BA the dude was SAS. Thats all he needs

Last edited by :Grape Drink: : 02-03-2008 at 09:03 AM.
:Grape Drink: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:37 PM #31
Cheers!
Custom User Title

Cheers! supports Sherwood Forest
Cheers! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad113 View Post
that show has been proven that its fake. and i thought this video > ur video

http://www.ejb.com/video/17460/Crazy_russian_brawl.html
crazy as russians lol
Cheers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:13 PM #32
BroNeilson
PbN's HangGlider Pilot

BroNeilson is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOpEy View Post

QFT
Old 02-03-2008, 05:05 PM #33
the paintballa (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnuemagger View Post
"Crossing these fissures can be dangerous... but there is a way to do it" - lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxsqkxHDVQ

"I'm going to to float down the rapids using my backpack" ... [and a life vest]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYExF4RRqE

Say it aint so, Bear?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qyKyWaNEQ

Steve Irwin (RIP) > Survivorman >> Bear Grylls