PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2001, 09:52 AM #1
JeFf

has been a member for 10 years
Ok guys blow this idea out of the water!

but please read it carefully as my grammer is crap :-)

i own a 68 Automag with a power feed (hopper left), now i was thinking........if i where to remove the power feed tube where it meets the body by gently cutting away weld thats currently there, then gently re-welding the power feed tube back on so its in a vertical position, then positioning the power feed plug so that it directs the paintball into the body as per normal.

the main reason i was thinking of doing this is to remove the need for an elbow, you still get the power feed feature, you have a lower height profile (warpfeed to expensive!) ....and you also get to brag about having a vert feed :-)

Can anyone see any problems with this?

Jeff
Old 05-15-2001, 10:40 PM #2
dontdropthesoap

well i think a couple other companies beat u to it.

i cant remember the gun(was a it like the special edition Rebel, or something?? it was some cheap blowback gun) that it has a verticle power feed. its like on the side of the gun. looks wierd, it probably would work, but i wouldnt try it. look on the store sites for this stuff.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:23 PM #3
MAGS4LIFE01
ME

I WOULD GEFFINATLY NOT RECCOMEND TRYING IT YOURSELF ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE TO GET IT DONE AT A SHOP OR SENDING IT AWAY. IT SEEMS LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME EXPERT ADVISE FROM AGD BEFORE TRYING THIS AND WHATEVER YOU DO DONT F UP THE WELDING.
*shocktech drop--
*dye stickies--
*foamie bolt--
*crossfire 68 3000--
-----------------------------
>looking for
*dyna flow 68 4500--
*E micro conversion kit in black powder coat--
*tricked cockers 4 sale--

TeAm AfTeRmAtH total devestation
Old 05-16-2001, 10:28 AM #4
JeFf

dontdropthesoap: i believe the marker you mentioned is called a GT2000, which is where i got the non-origonal idea from.

MAGSFORLIFE01: Im waiting for a technical style reply from AGD to see if they have any indepth reasons not to do it...lol As for the welding im able to do that myself as im a fitter / turner by trade and if i mess up a weld i would die from embarrement at work...lol

Like i said preiviosly its just an idea that im contemplating, not doing, i'm one of those poor souls who always tinkers with bits n pieces, i must admit im aseverely tempted to try it anyway...lol if it doesnt work out i can always reweld and align the power feed tube back into its origonal position.
Old 05-16-2001, 10:49 PM #5
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
it can be done but it cant be welded like mormal metal.. the heat generated in using an standard weld will cause the body to warp (the whole expansion and contraction thing) you will need to silver solder it on rather than weld. also a little bit of the body must be removed to get a clean feed into the breech but thats relatively easy. other than drilling your barrels to lock in the vertical position thats all ya need. the hole in the side of the body left from the orginal feed
hole should cause any problem since it will be sealed by the barrel but it might make it look a bit odd.

Team ESP