Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Open the D3 bracket to allow what players
Keep D3 and allow 2 D2 players 33 42.86%
Make D2 and D3 ONLY and NO D1 players 20 25.97%
Make D2 and D3 and open to allow 2 D1 players 16 20.78%
Make it open to allow all D1, D2 and D3 players 8 10.39%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 AM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
D1-D2-D3... You vote here...

In talking with many teams, we are looking at a route on the D3 division that we would like to hear from you the players.

We would like to open the D3 division and welcome in D2 and possibly D1 players but we want to be fair and we want to make sure you the players have a say in this league and what you guys want to see. So here is your time to vote!!! And post thoughts as well...

This will be open for 7 days and then a decision will be made so please please post your thoughts, comments, concerns and please vote!

We also are looking at enhancing the prize packages as well..

THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE D4/D5 DIVISION. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE FUTURE OF THE D3 DIVISION!!!
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website

Last edited by 357 Productions : 07-26-2011 at 09:22 AM.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM #2
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos
 
Clutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island
Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
Clutchman plays in the PSP
Clutchman plays in the APPA D1 division
Hmm this is an interesting one I'd say open it up to D2 players indefinitely. There is no reason we should keep players out especially if we want the sport and the league to grow! Whether you want to completely open it up to D2 players is up to everyone else. If you were to set a cap I'd say allow 2 D2 players on a D3 roster or 1 D1 player just to be fair. You don't wanna allow for stacked teams to compete b.c you may push some other teams out. This will allow for great competition and help the talent pool in the mid-atlantic to grow.
__________________
Avalanche
Clutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM #3
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thank you Alfred. We are hoping the players realize that we are letting them help decided the future of things in this league. Because that is who we are here for.

At this moment, though, I just saw the results and it is 5 for each one,,, think this is going to be a tight one!! Spread the word to your team mates and get them to vote.

D4/D5 players can vote too. Remember that if you were to gain enough points to become D3, what would you like to see.
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:35 PM #4
xXEnvyXx
Oh Hai
 
xXEnvyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
xXEnvyXx plays in the PSP
xXEnvyXx plays in the APPA D2 division
I personally feel letting D2 players in is gna be big come next year when most of the current D3 teams players get bumped up to D2 as it looks like may happen. I hav no problem letting D1 players play, because ur only gna get better by playing teams that will challenge u. I do understand a lot of ppl play this league bcuz its a possible "payday" nd dnt want to be challenged as the polls are showing rite now with choice 1 winning by a good amount lol.
__________________
Calgary Thunderbuddies PSP D1

Calgary Vendetta CXBL Elite
xXEnvyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM #5
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXEnvyXx View Post
I personally feel letting D2 players in is gna be big come next year when most of the current D3 teams players get bumped up to D2 as it looks like may happen. I hav no problem letting D1 players play, because ur only gna get better by playing teams that will challenge u. I do understand a lot of ppl play this league bcuz its a possible "payday" nd dnt want to be challenged as the polls are showing rite now with choice 1 winning by a good amount lol.
Players who play only local regional events will not be ranked to D2. The only way you can move to D2 ranking is if you play PSP events. So any player who is pushing that threshold that is currently ranked D3, if you only play GPL/MAPL you will be fine, you will not be moved into the D2 ranking.
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 PM #6
ghostranger
Nucking Futz
 
ghostranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CrazyVille, MD
ghostranger plays in the USPL
ghostranger plays in the PSP
how bout 1 d3 on d4 i haven't played since world cup
__________________
SOUTHERN REIGN
CREW O.G.
Vicious and Delicious O.G.
P.A.P. Family
"#111 fan of myself"
Free Agent
ghostranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 PM #7
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostranger View Post
how bout 1 d3 on d4 i haven't played since world cup
We dont because the division is already a mixed division of D4 and D5. That division will not change this season. We will look into things for the next season however.
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM #8
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball
 
DelawarePBguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Castle, De
DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
Players who play only local regional events will not be ranked to D2. The only way you can move to D2 ranking is if you play PSP events. So any player who is pushing that threshold that is currently ranked D3, if you only play GPL/MAPL you will be fine, you will not be moved into the D2 ranking.
GPL was always d2/3 back in the day... why not go back to that? You barely get the # of teams now with it being just d3. I feel restricting it to just 2 D2 players is eventually going to thin out the division again because so many teams do compete in the big tournaments like PSP at least once a year. I feel a poll on PBnation like this will not give you the best opinion because ANYONE can comment on the subject and not just the players that plan to step up to that division.
__________________
DEVTION PAINTBALL
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 PM #9
nicepants
I PLAY DPB
 
nicepants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MD
nicepants is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
nicepants plays in the PSP
nicepants plays in the APPA D3 division
i say u follow the appa ranking. And allow 1 d1 player and 1 d2 wiht low points. Or 2 d2 players
nicepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM #10
Clutchman
Alfred De Los Santos
 
Clutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island
Clutchman is a Supporting Member
Clutchman is a Professional paintball player
Clutchman plays in the PSP
Clutchman plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
i say u follow the appa ranking. And allow 1 d1 player and 1 d2 wiht low points. Or 2 d2 players
__________________
Avalanche
Clutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 PM #11
xXEnvyXx
Oh Hai
 
xXEnvyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
xXEnvyXx plays in the PSP
xXEnvyXx plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions View Post
Players who play only local regional events will not be ranked to D2. The only way you can move to D2 ranking is if you play PSP events. So any player who is pushing that threshold that is currently ranked D3, if you only play GPL/MAPL you will be fine, you will not be moved into the D2 ranking.
i understand wut ur saying but most of ur current d3 teams r filled wit players that are currently placing in high positions in the psp tournaments
__________________
Calgary Thunderbuddies PSP D1

Calgary Vendetta CXBL Elite
xXEnvyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM #12
Deimus85
Playground Legend
 
Deimus85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: •609•
Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
i say u follow the appa ranking. And allow 1 d1 player and 1 d2 wiht low points. Or 2 d2 players
I like this logic, but in the fairness of it being a local series, I feel that it should be D2 and D3 players ONLY.

But I would not be opposed to it following the PSP point ranking system, allowing teams to manage themselves based on the amount of points their top players hold.

But you have to consider teams that only have D3/D4 players on their rosters. It would suck to deter them if they have to compete with teams full of D2 players.
__________________
The Playground Paintball ParkThe PGPL
DLXValkenCaptain O-RingRaza

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 AM #13
Old Man JAR
 
 
Old Man JAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Old Man JAR plays in the PSP
Old Man JAR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Old Man JAR supports Team VICIOUS
Open class D1 D2 D3 no pro Orr semi pro
Got my vote teams will have to step there game up!!!!
Old Man JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM #14
EnyceMjn
NG
 
EnyceMjn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ/NY
EnyceMjn is a Supporting Member
EnyceMjn plays in the PSP
EnyceMjn is an NCPA player
EnyceMjn plays in the APPA D4 division
EnyceMjn is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
i say u follow the appa ranking. And allow 1 d1 player and 1 d2 wiht low points. Or 2 d2 players
That works for me...
__________________
~Old Feedback~ 114+/0- ~Combined~ - 194+/0-
RUTGERSF.A.C.K•BLACKCELL

ngroll = ebay account
R.I.P Ron Butler
>>> Prada Sun Glasses + Men's Pulsar Watch, Offer UP!!! <<<
EnyceMjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 AM #15
woodri47
 
 
woodri47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vermont
woodri47 plays in the APPA D5 division
woodri47 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
idk if anyone has stated this... im in the middle of a heated UFC battle and am just quick replying, but my thoughts on this are as follows.

When you are in the lower ranks, you want to play with the best. Maybe not get smashed by them all the time, but you want to be on the same field as them. I think if you allow the D1 players to show, you will bring in more teams that are look to increase there level and not just sit at the d4 level and sandbag. I know i would rather play with a pro then sit back and play d2 my whole career.

this as you say obviously isnt effecting the D4/D5 players directly, but if they are planning to bump up to try something new you may scare them. IDK cant really speculate on that, but i know when i was playing D3 i would rather get out there and grind out with the higher divisions then stay at the same level...

idk my personal oppinion. have a one time event one weekend and try it out both ways or just the new way cause you know how the old one works... if people like it stick with it.. if not then do what keeps the most competition and players in the game.
woodri47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:08 AM #16
P-ballfreak
 
 
P-ballfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
P-ballfreak supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
GPL was always d2/3 back in the day... why not go back to that? You barely get the # of teams now with it being just d3. I feel restricting it to just 2 D2 players is eventually going to thin out the division again because so many teams do compete in the big tournaments like PSP at least once a year. I feel a poll on PBnation like this will not give you the best opinion because ANYONE can comment on the subject and not just the players that plan to step up to that division.
i agree with you alott
P-ballfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM #17
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thank you all for voting and giving your opinion. An announcment will be made tonight about the D3 division.

Thank you again!
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:21 PM #18
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PLEASE SEE THREAD - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3653504
__________________
“For the Love of the Game………WE’RE BACK”
GPL
Facebook // Website
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 PM #19
paintballer14t
BRIX MA NIGUS
 
paintballer14t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Goshen, NY
paintballer14t is playing at Living Legends VII
paintballer14t supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer14t is an NCPA player
paintballer14t is Legendary
paintballer14t supports Empire
Keep the leagues seperate. Its called d3 for a reason
__________________
paintballer14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump