Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 PM #22
broncofan13

i went a while trying to start one. we accually got approved at my highschool but everyone just forgot about it and the idea dropped
halo 3 service record>>
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/De...er=broncofan13
myspace>>
http://www.myspace.com/desanc1
broncofan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 PM #23
broncofan13

and if your trying to start one, the reason schools are so paranoid about it isnt safety, its one of the safer sports played today.
the issue is THE IDEA OF SHOOTING EACH OTHER
schools just cant get over the fact that their students are shooting each other and dont want to promote it
halo 3 service record>>
myspace>>
Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM #24
broncofan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpunisher48 View Post
get students and teachers to sign a petition and do some research and show it to your principle... cuz it was proved to be safer than football, tennis, and baseball
thats what i mean. safety really isnt an issue its easy to convince someone paintball is safe.
just throw some statistics at em
halo 3 service record>>
myspace>>
Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 PM #25
PurpleHaze777
It's Resolution Time

PurpleHaze777 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Another thing is it's hard to get it really to be "school" related... sure you can get people together from school and play, have meetings, discuss paintball but they won't really support it financially or anything, or really recknoize it for at least a few 5 years give or take... ANd when your gone is anyone going to take over?
PurpleHaze777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:11 PM #26
wallify

I don't know how helpful this may be but at least you can hear about some of the issues that may arise. I an a teacher and Co-sponsor of the club at the school I work at. We are in our 2nd year and have so far had very mixed results. We started the club in the beginning of the year, but it took the lawyers and the district till Nov. to get a permission for created and approved. While waiting for this we went from around 35 people interested down to around 15 or so. We still had meetings and discussed all things paintball, including getting team jerseys, fund raising, and general sharing of knowledge with the kids who don't have as much experience as others. We were luck as we do have a core group of 3 or 4 more kids that are really into the club and willing to do what it takes to keep the club alive. Around Nov when we finaly got our permission forms approved and an outting planned we had a poor turnout. We had about 25 kids say they would go and were interested, but only 12 handed in their field trip forms. Come that Sat. only 9 of them showed up. Now us as sponsors had done some work too and I was able to get us a % sponsorship from a paintball store, and we were able to work out some good deals with the field (indoor since its cold). Those of us that went had a blast and the trip was a success. After that we planned 4 more trips and all of them were canceled since we didn't get more that 3 permission slips in on time (students were given 2-3 weeks to get their forms in and announcements were made at lunch and emails to student accounts). This year has come off better though. We got over 50 to sign up at the beginning of the year and about 35 students attend meetings regularly. We have had 2 successful trips (both to the outdoor field that is helping us out) and plan on more once it warms up. Most of the kids don't want to play in the cold and the indoor field closed. The problem we are facing is that next year our "Leaders" won't be as good as the president we have now, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
If your going to form a school club remember that you have to take everybody. From noob to the best guy you got, and even girls if they like. You were once new too so dont give them a hard time and teach rather than make fun of. Also the school will NOT be funding you, but fields and stores may help out. Ours gives us membership prices and myself and the other sponsor were trained to reff, so we can reff our own games. We get a ton more games in this way.

Good luck and remember to have fun
wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:32 PM #27
gkweston (Banned)
Infinate Nirvana

I've always wanted to do this but kept the idea to myself. Wallify there may have just inspired me to put all my effort into it.
gkweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:44 PM #28
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

youwill have to have a teacher/sponsor other wise you will not be able to do anyhting at school.... find a teacher to sponsor you and stay after school to chaperone practices or talk with the principal to see what you ned to do.
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 PM #29
wallify

Oh yeah I forgot about that. You will need a teacher to sponsor you. Remember no matter what to be nice to them. We don't get paid for the work and if you make it a hassle for the teacher they will quit being your sponsor and thus your program will be over.
wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 PM #30
pbman121

my high school just started one this year. its awsome we get discounts
my setup: tadao ion l7 bolt, maxflo 68/45, qev, ND blade trig, 14' all american
v35 halo wit rip
reppin SALLIES football
pbman121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:57 PM #31
caraboose (Banned)
I has shawrks

we should start one, but im probably like one of maybe like 10 people in my school that acually plays paintball
and tehr are like 1000 studetns in my school

EDIT:
i have this really aswome drama teacher in my school, do you think that if we decided to start up a paintball club he would sponsore us (ive been in his class for 3 years and he likes me, not as gay, but like as a student)
caraboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:36 PM #32
spyder_mann666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer666 View Post
actually, a couple of friends and i are trying to start a pb club at our school at the moment, so far we have a teacher on our side, and maybe 50 people that said they'd join. other than that, we havent gotten far.
yea us 2 have beenworking on a school pb club and we have a princible and a teacher on our side so we are writing a paper on why paint ball is important to school and y we should have one

its a lot harder than i thought it would be anyone who wants to start one needs to do lots of research
spyder_mann666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:43 PM #33
CAMDENELECTRIC
UK University league Ref

CAMDENELECTRIC owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Good luck to you mate! I tried and failed miserably.
Now I am part of a decent team
**Ego Mafia**
CAMDENELECTRIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 PM #34
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan13 View Post
the issue is THE IDEA OF SHOOTING EACH OTHER
schools just cant get over the fact that their students are shooting each other and dont want to promote it
Yeah, those damn schools. It's not like there's ever been an event at a school to make them not want to promote students shooting each other

My school just started one. I hope it can gain some support, they were thinking about sending us down to the JT Highschool playoffs.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:40 PM #35
iranwithscissors
Feeling out of the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperdude View Post
i just don't really know how to present it to our principal....he's a stickler.
very true lol
hope we get a club though

yea paint isnt going to be a problem considering my dad tis a dealer
Cory Persson Fan #2

Mental Diversion
iranwithscissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:57 AM #36
yungice17
________

yea im going to try this at my school
Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 AM #37
OmegaSimmons
Mr. Simmons, Bushy Love

OmegaSimmons owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
OmegaSimmons supports Bob Gurnsey
Tried, my administration turned it down. Lacrosse is safe, but paintball isn't in their view.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:02 PM #38
wgpballer5
Cannabis Corpse

wgpballer5 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSimmons View Post
Tried, my administration turned it down. Lacrosse is safe, but paintball isn't in their view.
Been there, Did you know that their's a 60% chance that you will get injured in lacrosse, and a 3% chance that you be injured in PB?
wgpballer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:49 PM #39
RandHawkwing

Would it be possible for someone to get some news articles or any sort of solid material that can be used? Such as the safety statistics and anything else you run across. It has to be from reliable sources and not just stuff you came up with or got off what someone said in pbnation. So we're going to need links to articles.
RandHawkwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 PM #40
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpunisher48 View Post
get students and teachers to sign a petition and do some research and show it to your principle... cuz it was proved to be safer than football, tennis, golf, swimming, bowling and baseball
fixed

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:29 PM #41
sneakypballer
kill your enemies

i started one at my high school a few years back.

like has already been stated, thre is this idea of students shooting students that makes HS admin uncomfortable. they get jumpy, like cops. think columbine thoughts.

at my school the procedure consisted of:
  • get X amount of sigs
  • get a teacher to back your cause
  • fill out forms and wait for a response from admin

went smooth, but admin never got back to us. i had that teacher for all 4 years of high school. later i found out that we were one of many topics at a teacher's meeting. apparently they thought we were planning on bringing guns to school and shooting ppl and the like. did they ever contact me or any other officers? negative. they just kinda non responsed us out of existance.

everyone involved with the 'club' is graduated. my brother is a few years behind me. the other day he tells me that the PB Club had a booth set up during club day, with no one there.

i wish you better luck than i had.

MAN OF BLOOD: "i put hk stickers on my pods and chuck them across the field so all the little hk agglets come out and i shoot them:"[/center]
sneakypballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 PM #42
balla4life93
so fresh

my school is starting a cfoa team. but the kids that dont play paintball hate us.
balla4life93 is offline   Reply With Quote