Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM #1
pwnij

solenoid? what.....

I'm not new too paint ball but i am looking to learn a little bit about how a paint ball marker operates and such. I have little experience with a high end guns and lots with low end mech and low end electric. I've heard alot about the solenoid but I really don't know what it does, my best guess is that it is some valve which air travels through from when people post threads about leaks and in every one other people say check your solenoid. Sooooo what is it, thanks.
pwnij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:29 PM #2
android17ak47
No!!!!!

There are diff ways solenoids work. Some simply trips the sear to release the ram/bolt on high pressure blow back markers, and high ends mainly use electropneumatic solenoids that pretty much just directs the air that is used to cycle the marker's ram and/or bolt forwards and backwards.

As you have read, alot of people complain of leaks in solenoids, and this is a direct result of overpressurization. Electropneumatic solenoids use very small orings called buna orings, and they are very fragile, and they arent meant to withstand any more pressure than the manufactorers limit. Some solenoids can only withstand up to 100psi, and some others just over 200psi. But most if not all use a bleed valve that will leak out extra air pressure when overpressurize occurs, but blown buna orings happen all the time anyways.

Hope this helped, but you would be surprised how much more there is to learn.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:28 PM #3
pwnij

Could some one post a pic of a board wit the Noid highlighted in someway?
pwnij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:18 PM #4
snotshooter
Moose Gore

http://www.zdspb.com/media/ion/trouble/solenoidcoil.JPG

The part on the right with the red wire wrapping is an Ion solenoid
Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 PM #5
The_Lead_Factor
Suck it Trebek!

Most solenoids will look like these; http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-b... ode=SOLENOIDS

"Originally posted by DangerousPower: This then preceded to us blindfolding each other and wacking each other off till the first one "came to forwishing" if you know what i mean."
The_Lead_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote