PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 PM #1
jasonreazy
At YoUr 40 CaRwASh

Live In Ma, and lookin to join a college team

hey whats up guys,

ima great player and been doing torneys, played open division, and now i might enroll in school to play college paintball,

how do i go about this
and can i get payed scollarships
jasonreazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2007, 08:52 PM #2
MTUPup
Orginal Yooper Trooper

MTUPup plays in the PSP
MTUPup is an NCPA player
MTUPup plays in the APPA D4 division
MTUPup supports DLX Technology
maybe they need to put a spelling section into the ACT/SAT....
Michigan Tech UniversityPB Alumni #60
Erie Landsharks#6
MTUPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:29 AM #3
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
You don't go to college to play paintball.
You play paintball while going to college.

If you select a school or go to school just to play, you are making a huge mistake.

And there are no paid scholarships for playing paintball, there was one kicking around, about 5k, for doing something good with the paintball community...but thats gone now if I remember correctly.

Along with that, a "mighter than thou" attitude is likely to get you kicked off teams - nobody likes somebody who thinks they are the ****, especially if they aren't.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:34 AM #4
jasonreazy
At YoUr 40 CaRwASh

I didn't say i was the s***, however I know the sport really well and I have been playing for a while, the only problem is around my area there are not to many teams, and most of the ones that are around rookie teams that have never done any thing before. Im looking to take a step into paintball, and join a serious team.

my whole life revolves around paintball, and has been for almost 10 years. My father is one of JACKO's gun tech at planets eclipse in Rhode Island, he travel all over the world teching events and I want kinda the saem life he does.

I will go some were with paintball, its just when and with who.........
jasonreazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:04 PM #5
two72slacker
Stockton Baller

has been a member for 10 years
two72slacker plays in the PSP
two72slacker is an NCPA player
two72slacker plays in the APPA D4 division
Ugh...when will you kids understand?!?! Do you know how hard it is to become a pro? Do you know how much money they make? Less than a teacher and with less free time, aka summer break, weekends, and holidays. Honestly, if you're not already near the pro status at the age of 17, when you're in the best shape of your life, you're never going to make it there.

And college paintball is not the same as college football. No scholarships, the school doesn't even like the team, pro teams will not look at you if you're on a college team. Please, just do what almost EVERY ONE of us have done.

Go to a school you want to go to. Study something you're interested in. Start a paintball team. And if you're too lazy to start your own damn team like every college has had to, just go to college and join some D1 team in that state.

OTP
two72slacker is offline   Reply With Quote