Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-21-2007, 12:10 PM #43
OTC_NW_Ryan

I wasnt fisrt picked either...was too fat.

http://www.myspace.com/offtehcuff
http://www.doodlebugsportz.com
http://www.lousyhero.com/

DBS for the win.
OTC_NW_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM #44
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Hmmmm, good point guys. I hadn't considered the "cool guy" factor and how it influences the sport... I guess the positive side is that the worst that can happen is you don't get picked and you are right back where you started but you got some fun games in.

I was actually pretty good at kickball but man do I suck at pretty much every other sport that involves a ball.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 PM #45
OTC_NW_Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
Hmmmm, good point guys. I hadn't considered the "cool guy" factor and how it influences the sport... I guess the positive side is that the worst that can happen is you don't get picked and you are right back where you started but you got some fun games in.

I was actually pretty good at kickball but man do I suck at pretty much every other sport that involves a ball.
LoL.

Well I am worried that if the uncool kids dont get picked up they will simply quit the sport since this is generally a sport people pick up as "Flavor of the month."

DBS for the win.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 PM #46
sammysalvatore

sammysalvatore plays in the PSP
sammysalvatore donated to help Peyton Trent
sammysalvatore plays in the APPA D2 division
sammysalvatore supports DLX Technology
yeah paintball is pretty clickish, but what makes it different than any other sport? other than the cost, the sport is a sport. Maybe we should look at it from a league perspective as we were talking about a while ago, if we are trying to start something new. I don't like the idea of drafts, people will just end up on teams that they don't want to be on, (problems with that!) it seems complicated.

I'd say find a model that is already working, and base it off there. New ideas are great, but a frame can't be built well without a foundation first.

I'll be that guy and say I'm pretty good at most sports. But I can't qb for ****. I have no accuracy.
sammysalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 PM #47
E[V]PIR3

Paintball is clickish because every is affiliated or for some reason thinks they represent a field/store. Every single person in this thread I would bet you thinks they are affiliated or is to one of the major fields in the region. The actual organizors and people who run the events (or the potential draft thing) are not like that. The cliques are mainly around the lower level teams. People get recognized for their playing, and attitude. When the teams get to a certain level they would never pick up someone just because he is a friend, and nobady is guranteed a spot on a good team that plays every week.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM #48
Buma2.0
The real-life MacGyver

I am friends with all owners and avoid drama at all costs. I hate all the inter-field hate. It's not so much the owners, but the people at each place think it's cool to rip on some other field.

I just want to play paintball with cool people.
Buma2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 PM #49
OTC_NW_Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by E[V]PIR3 View Post
The cliques are mainly around the lower level teams. People get recognized for their playing, and attitude. When the teams get to a certain level they would never pick up someone just because he is a friend, and nobady is guranteed a spot on a good team that plays every week.
Which is why I said it wouldnt work on lower level teams...and it wouldnt be a benefit for higher teams or their players in my opinion.

DBS for the win.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 PM #50
HAYD

Where are the NWPS events at for 08
Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 PM #51
tthacker
A New Chapter Begins

tthacker plays in the APPA D5 division
Cool 2007 reflection / 2008 optimism

So, for me 2007 was an awesome year. It was our first year (started in March) playing tournament paintball. It's amazing when I look back how much I've grown and how the team has evolved and grown within paintball. Many of you have help us along the way! Thanks, but we'll return the favor

The one thing which was a bit of a disappointment in '07 was that within the two series we played, we saw the teams dwindle from the first event to the last considerably. That may be somewhat natural, but when events aren't drawing enough teams to begin with, it really puts the events and series in jeopardy and spoils the fun for us all. Fortunately, the folks who ran these events kept true to their word and went on even with the low turnout!

In 2008, I want to see the same as all of you. Some kick *** events! Divisions that are strong with teams, events where competition is fierce and paintball that is growing. I'm glad to see this discussion here on the nation. Let's talk about the bad, let's talk about the good, but most importantly, let's each do something about it!

For me, I'm definitely going to be working with my team to be the best we can be. I'll also introduce new players to the sport...rec ball or whatever. Who knows, maybe I'll find a natural born killer that will get hooked like the rest of us. It's just too fun not to share and how else do we ensure paintball is going to be around and continually getting better! Field owners need our help and the best advertisement is you and I! So bring a noob to the field, maybe make it a noob night and treat them to a good time! LOL..noob night out, sounds funny! - Plz don't bonus ball the hell out of 'em. Play surrender or die or hopper ball. Ahhh, sorry for the preaching guys.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a tremendous 2008 season! Our team will be playing 5 man rookie events and so if you want to practice, scrim or just play with us, hit us up...either on myspace or shoot me a pm. If you want to get a noob night/day going, let me know about that too. I'm sure we could get a bunch of 'em out to have a good time. Hope you guys are as excited as I am about paintball in the NW!
tthacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 PM #52
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

has been a member for 10 years
amen brother

Last edited by Sir Dies-Alot : 11-21-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Sir Dies-Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:04 AM #53
Sumocat (Banned)

Yup

I agree as well. I love all things that improve yourself whether it be inner or outer ie:physical or a mental aspect. However every sport is clickish cause a team is clickish so there is no way around that my only problem is leaving people out based on hate,intolerance,or just straight feeling threatened so don't mistake what I say ask OTC, Buma, or anyone that has played with me I am a sportsman first and formost that is all. We need to bring ALL fields together for one big series and not mentioning one place is not bringing them ALL together.
Sumocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 PM #54
smartpartsucks
Uprising Supporter

smartpartsucks is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
As a paintballer who will play local tournies:

A local series is nice because you dont have to fly to play it.

It keeps it competitive and thats always fun

If the prizes are good like the FPS was a couple years ago then you can make money by winning which is good

You dont have to miss school/work to play locals

Local Stores and feilds get exposure which is good

A quality local series would be very agg.
Blacklist is butt hole tight
Nurv is butt hole tight
I am butt hole tight
SMART PARTS DOES NOT SUCK ANY MORE THEY ARE BUTT HOLE TIGHT NOW :)
If you have been screwed by the NPPL put this in your Sig!!
smartpartsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:22 AM #55
Sumocat (Banned)

gmab

buma you rock otc you know I love you Everyone quit with the bs ok everyone knows who starts **** and that is all I have too say I love paintball and everyone I have played or played with knows that and MAD LOVE too

O.T.C mad props to orange the cat
Syper Criag thanks for giving me a chance you too BUMA DANE AND SEAN
CDR
SVP for letting syper practice there
Cascade you know who you are
Tyler
Kyle
Zach
CJ
Jake
And everyone else that has helped me and watched me grow
Dannny Cort you a striaght up guy this will be my last post on PB nation you all 70 + percent are straight talk no show later
Sumocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:22 PM #56
HAYD

After playing frankly bull crap tourny's in BC, with un-certain prizes, crap fields, (cept the psp field we won at, that was best field ive ever seen) then making our first American tourney at the VA event, it was well worth it. VA not so much, but the quality and how nice ballers are down there is unreal, we've never felt so welcomed to be there, and we werent even in our own country. Everyone is a stuck up prick up here lol, it was nice to meet down to earth, straight up ballers! You guys are lucky to have a awsome player base / fields you have. The IPL and BCPPL events we play our rec grade paint for tournies is $100 a case, and I think the 3rd event they charged us $80/case for Zap Spank...

Now you've got a solid player base from the lower kootenay region coming down for your tournies. Grandview was the best run tourney we've ever been to, and deff. the funnest... This is all thanks to pretty due to Tim T. and the WA ballers. Just wanted to say thanks from Canada, and we'l cya in April -Hayd
Old 11-23-2007, 10:52 PM #57
tthacker
A New Chapter Begins

Yeah, Granview was a blast! See you there. You play with Mayhem?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:50 AM #58
DonMaddock

Just so folks know. If i forgot to mention an event in my first post here it was strictly because I didnt know about them or forgot. There is a lot of local paintball i dont know about. I imagine it is the same for other people. So this was meant to be informative and positive. I am glad it has been pretty much just that.

We heard about a lot of series here. One i am personally interested in hearing about but have not yet is the Sweet 7. Will it be returning?
DonMaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:38 AM #59
HAYD

Yea I play on Mayhem. And it would be awsome to get a list of the tourny's and such goin on in WA, cause frankly I wanna play down there, but really only know of Grandview and Sweet 7
Old 11-24-2007, 12:48 PM #60
tthacker
A New Chapter Begins

In addition to the ones you've mentioned...NWPS, Survivor, Ninjaball, Splat Summer Series are events you might want to hit up. Please don't flame if I've left others out, this is not intentional. Most of these tourneys, I've seen teams from Montana, Oregon, Idaho and even your fellow Canadians. This thread has some good info and first page with links for many of these. Hope to see you guys down here for some events...definitely at Grandview. Tell your other Canadian buddies too! Deadbox, Untouchables, Sniperz, Avalanche ... They can all come down and get some
Old 11-24-2007, 04:34 PM #61
HAYD

Were about 7 hours away from those guys lol, they're west coast, were on the border by Alberta, but I think we should be taking down 2 teams for each Grandview event
Old 11-24-2007, 07:43 PM #62
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Good to see you yesterday Tom! I know everyone is dieing to know what is going to happen next year. GIVE US SOME TIME! A lot of fields and stores are trying to work together to get everything arranged and to come together. This all takes time! Trust me, just like the rest of you, I am trying to help bring together the Northwest. Look for announcements to start the first week of December. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and I look forward to seeing everyone in the next few weeks!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:13 PM #63
tthacker
A New Chapter Begins

Yeah, it was good to see you Danny. Things were hoppin around there pretty good with all of the players and the sale goin on! Sounds like you and others have some really good work in the makin. Let us know where/if we can help. Lookin forward to 2008!
ReplyRegional Ups