PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 AM #1
DonMaddock

My 07 year and hopes for 08.....you?

SO, we have been hearing a lot of talk about big things to come this next year from a few people. Players don't know if everyone is working together or if we are going to end up with another year of 4 or 5 small series events that all separate teams. Which is one reason some of our local series have not been as successful as they might have wanted, in my opinion. Maybe I am alone on this opinion but I think it is necessary for us to have one BIG series in the NW. This is the time to get people excited for next season. We can get our loot together as players and figure out were we will go. So I am interested to hear what event organizers and players alike have to say about this.......here is the place to do it. Here is my review of the series and events I know about, I tried to be objective and list what I liked and didn't like. Please feel free to add to this as players.

SVP ( WWW.skagitvalleypaintball.com )
This year I know (because they are my sponsor) that you should be able to expect at least some one off events from SVP. We also offer the beginner leagues. These happen on Sunday nights and are pretty much the best deal in town. If you're a beginner and have two buddies who like to play call Dan Watts about them you wont be disappointed. We should be having some events for the Div 3-1 guys ( I hope).

BCPPL ( www.bcppl.com )
We played this series all year this year and it was a TON of fun. Paint prices probably deter a lot of US teams from going, but I feel that we sometimes get the short end of the stick on reffing down here. BCPPL pays their refs well and they do a great job. This series can also boast best in BC with some great locations like Ambush and the Agriplex in Cloverdale. They also have strong ties with the MR Series with pretty much an NPPL bunker set minus the large center 50.

Grandview ( www.mainstreampb.com )
NEVER EVER forget Grandview events. Anybody who has played them will tell you the same thing and I am one of them. Awesome fields awesome refs awesome organization.........awesome. Tim Thompson is a great promoter of paint ball on the East side and we West side people should take advantage of a fun event.....nuff said. MAYBE one day we will see 7 man here? XBall?

Sweet 7 ( http://www.battlegroundpaintball.com/ )
I played two of these events last year and had fun at both. Prizes aren't why you play here (not because there aren't any), and I don't think they should be why you play anywhere. With some of the states best outdoor fields not to mention two NPPL bunker sets if you're getting ready for NPPL Sweet 7 this is a great place to be. With last years deal of $5 entry and good deals on paint you cant find a much better practice set up.

Survivor Series ( http://www.doodlebugsportz.com/survi...ies/index.html )
I never played any of these. I don't think I was eligible. But Danny over at DBS is a great guy organizing these and the teams that played them seem to be pleased with them. So get a hold of them at DBS for that.

I am pretty sure Splat Attack puts on some events as well.

NinjaBall happens I think though I don't know much about it.

Does Paintball.com do anything?

I never played an MR series event though some WA folks have lets hear about those.....though they are only slightly local.

Will the FPS or NWPS recover? The NW Open had quite a few teams and was a good event, what about a series though?

I tried to cover everything I could think of.

Between Danny and Fernando we have been getting hints at something super secret......OUT WITH IT ALREADY! For me, all I want is fair reffing and cool fields with reasonable cost. Any other series that you guys want to talk about here is great. It would be cool to get some objective opinions about them so we don't get into a flame thread.

This industry is in a crazy decline right now and we as players need to do all we can to help out. That means not nagging for cheaper prices and support local stores as well as local events. Don't buy from the internet talk to your local shop. They might just be able to meet your needs as well as the internet...who knows. One thing is for sure they are a hell of a lot cooler and give a hell of a lot more support for what you buy. If that means paying a few extra bucks..........Do it.

Last edited by DonMaddock : 11-20-2007 at 11:08 AM.
DonMaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2007, 12:35 AM #2
Buma2.0
The real-life MacGyver

I think NWPS will be around this year too.

I would love to get paid to reff a BCPPL event! Not to mention someone pay my way to play (hint hint)

I really hope Dan gets those pump leagues going!
Buma2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:38 AM #3
rudeawakening 7
pokémon!

Annual Supporting Member
rudeawakening 7 plays in the PSP
rudeawakening 7 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintball.com may end up running a tourny series, as of now rude awakening will be hosting practice tournies
⊙︵◔
rudeawakening 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 AM #4
DonMaddock

Get a hold of Mike McDonald Buma. I couldn't guarantee you a job, but what promoter isn't looking for more refs.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 AM #5
DonMaddock

One more thing. I was just looking at the forums and saw some links for different forms of media for the BGP event and wanted to say thanks.......

Jimmy Hicky (sp?)
Blacklist ( Terry Stolmeier ) (sp?)
Tim Knight form BCPPL
Blazestorm

whoever else takes media for paintball if I missed you.

You guys rock. Nothing helps a tourney more than knowing you guys are going to be there taking photos and video. Keep that up. We are whores for seeing ourselves in pictures on the internet...who the hell knows why....
Old 11-20-2007, 02:12 AM #6
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i think between survivor series, and NWPS, if these two series were to fully join forces, and combine ideas, and skills... then they could and would become as good as the old NWTS, and NWPS... but that is yet to be seen, no single field should put on a series, instead it should be a group of people together doing a series... i think it would be awesome if we had in a series these fields hit at least once....

Battleground
TPS
DBS snohomish
DZ indoor
CDR
SVP
KC's Crusaders
Grandview

thats 8 fields in one season, and plenty of opportunities for single events still for each field and national team to make money, rather than build up only one national team per event... help build up every national team that helps to host or run the event... that would be my idea of some good reffing

BTA
leeninwit1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 AM #7
Sumocat (Banned)

lol

Don't even mention NWPS you guys are such haters it is unbelievable let it go just cause you ain't the top or top 2 teams or with the best sponsers doesn't mean you need to not mention this NWPS cedar and CDR as a team as well as danny his father and DBS is a major reason for nw paintball is where its at I understand you mentioned SSNW but come on you are in Mt. Vernon and just because you ain't the BEST doesn't mean you need to leave them out that is why guys like me and people who go up there are disillusioned by you guys I work in the community and have heard mad complaints on how you cater to your own before family and at heart this is and needs to be a family sport. Come ON you guys won't FUEl **** tell u let it go I really don't care what you do but until you realize whats up as a small business owner which I am you will not make a step in the right direction! For example the store I had a customer who came in and told me that she took her and her husband and 2 children got little if any games in and you were very unprofessional and didn't even make them feel welcome they said they will not come back and now are looking to play elsewhere GET A GRIP that is my comment

Your facility is beatiful though mad props to dan on that but he needs to run it himself or hire real people.........................
Sumocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:04 AM #8
NWBalla85

Yeah NWPS is solid

Team CDR
NWBalla85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 AM #9
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumocat View Post
Don't even mention NWPS you guys are such haters it is unbelievable let it go just cause you ain't the top or top 2 teams or with the best sponsers doesn't mean you need to not mention this NWPS cedar and CDR as a team as well as danny his father and DBS is a major reason for nw paintball is where its at I understand you mentioned SSNW but come on you are in Mt. Vernon and just because you ain't the BEST doesn't mean you need to leave them out that is why guys like me and people who go up there are disillusioned by you guys I work in the community and have heard mad complaints on how you cater to your own before family and at heart this is and needs to be a family sport. Come ON you guys won't FUEl **** tell u let it go I really don't care what you do but until you realize whats up as a small business owner which I am you will not make a step in the right direction! For example the store I had a customer who came in and told me that she took her and her husband and 2 children got little if any games in and you were very unprofessional and didn't even make them feel welcome they said they will not come back and now are looking to play elsewhere GET A GRIP that is my comment

Your facility is beatiful though mad props to dan on that but he needs to run it himself or hire real people.........................
yay, i get to report, you have been posting way too much with stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBalla85 View Post
Yeah NWPS is solid

i havent said NWPS isnt good, but think of how good it truly can get?

BTA
leeninwit1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM #10
acydburn2k3
Acydburn2k3

As a team that drove to almost every event for the NWPS last year, and I men at least 4 hours or more, I can say that it was really well run. The fields did leave a little bit desired, but then, my team and I played mainly for fun anyway. The reffing was spot on most times, as people are people and make mistakes. I thank Ceder for putting on a great series and look forward to being shot out agian this year. As for any other series, in my neck of the woods in SE washington, there really isn't much of a choice on where to play, but everytime that Tim puts Grandview together it is AWESOME!!
acydburn2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:59 AM #11
DonMaddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by acydburn2k3 View Post
As a team that drove to almost every event for the NWPS last year, and I men at least 4 hours or more, I can say that it was really well run. The fields did leave a little bit desired, but then, my team and I played mainly for fun anyway. The reffing was spot on most times, as people are people and make mistakes. I thank Ceder for putting on a great series and look forward to being shot out agian this year. As for any other series, in my neck of the woods in SE washington, there really isn't much of a choice on where to play, but everytime that Tim puts Grandview together it is AWESOME!!
Thats awesome man. I haven't played an NWPS this year. The number of teams has dropped off a little bit and so I was definitely hoping to hear what they were like. Maybe Cedar could do an NWPS at Grandview. Time gets a ton of teams out there and then you guys would have a closer event to drive to....just a thought.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM #12
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Local series certainly have their place but the NW desperately needs a summertime regional series. It's been a long time since I lived in New England, but the NEPL was fun and unified the community.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:46 PM #13
I Am Authority
211-187

I agree with a lot of things that have already been said. I think peoples minds are in the right places.

1. I think we need a series that will combine a lot of the smaller series. There are tons of stores/fields out there. Why not work together to make on huge series, that will be fun and fair for all involved.

2. Danny, you've been saying lately that you have a top secret project going on. You've told me a little about it, but as Donny said. I think this is prime time to reveal some of what you've been working on.

3. I think it would be DOPE to have a tournament series that DOES NOT have prizes for each event but a Series prize. Hopefully 5/7 man format.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM #14
Buma2.0
The real-life MacGyver

I don't know if you guys read the OTC thread (who doesn't, lol j/k), but came up with an idea that owners and organizers need to come together to create a draft of players (in different regions of course). This would keep track of who is what level and has played what events. I know the NWID system does a good job of it, but it doesn't rank anyone in anyway. I think it would be awesome to be the first of any region to have a baller draft like the big sports. I don't remember all the details but that was a general idea of what I was thinking about.

I think what brought it up was that I saw that it was becoming popular to make a tryout for my team / store team etc.
Buma2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:36 PM #15
RJR168
Rep 406...the WHOLE State

RJR168 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
As someone who comes from a small state (paintball wise) I would like to commend WA/OR/ID on having such well run events. Carnage drove from Montana for all the NWPS events and a one FPS event. We were all very impressed with how well ran the events are and the level of teams playing.

It would be great to see more teams at the NWPS events, the more the merrier. That said, I feel that the NWPS is an extremely well ran series and we will gladly be supporting it next year.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:29 PM #16
SheriffMike
I will put you under me

this thread = win.

everything was well said. paintball is amazing, we all know that. lets keep up the commeradery(sp?) and keep this sport going despite the economic depression.
There is no truth, Only a perspective
I Bomb A NeverSummer
SheriffMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM #17
MinorThreat
Subtle like a T-Rex

has been a member for 10 years
maybe we should post a yearly tournament schedule that lists all the known tournament dates and is updated regularly by one person editing the original post. that way everyone knows where to go to get the info and cut down on tournaments scheduled the same weekends.

just a thought. I've been out of the game for a few years but hopefully this year I will be playing again.
MinorThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 PM #18
OTC_NW_Ryan

In my opinion the NWPS is the strongest series in both popularity and venue assortment.

Build off this...

Sadly the number of tournament fields in the NW is dwindling and host spots are becomming rarer, at least anything that can run 2 plus games at once on nice fields.

Leenwitit,
Your the self proclaimed "biggest **** talker" in the northwest and your reporting him for his dislike of SVP? Seems retarded, but than again drama is your middle name.

http://www.myspace.com/offtehcuff
http://www.doodlebugsportz.com
http://www.lousyhero.com/

DBS for the win.
OTC_NW_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM #19
jon1991
1 case 1 kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTC_NW_Ryan View Post
In my opinion the NWPS is the strongest series in both popularity and venue assortment.

Build off this...

Sadly the number of tournament fields in the NW is dwindling and host spots are becomming rarer, at least anything that can run 2 plus games at once on nice fields.

Leenwitit,
Your the self proclaimed "biggest **** talker" in the northwest and your reporting him for his dislike of SVP? Seems retarded, but than again drama is your middle name.

qft
www.myspace.com/pbstar253
jon1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:48 PM #20
NWBalla85

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTC_NW_Ryan View Post

Build off this...

Leenwitit,

QFT

Team CDR
NWBalla85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 PM #21
Goballsdeep
Game On

Goballsdeep is reppin' sidebar 4 life
This year besides playing i also will be at some events taking pictures, If you want me to take pictures of your team at an event as long as im not playing or busy, i try as hard as i can to get there and take pics. Plus, dont expect it, but i may be investing in a helmet cam, and will make any footage taken avalible to the teams, just ask me at the event
Goballsdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups