PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-10-2016, 06:49 PM #1
Kiliztli

Hydrotesting in Houston?

Any recommended locations to get it done? I know I could go to the paintball stores around, but they say it'd take around 2 weeks to get it back. Is this the norm with getting it tested? I was going to go with some friends in less than 2 weeks so I was wondering if there's a better place ??
Kiliztli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2016, 09:00 AM #2
XxJKATxX
Legit As They Come

Annual Supporting Member
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
XxJKATxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxJKATxX is an NCPA player
XxJKATxX is an NCPA National Champion
XxJKATxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxJKATxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxJKATxX supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliztli View Post
Any recommended locations to get it done? I know I could go to the paintball stores around, but they say it'd take around 2 weeks to get it back. Is this the norm with getting it tested? I was going to go with some friends in less than 2 weeks so I was wondering if there's a better place ??
2 weeks is about the normal time so I would say paintball store is your best bet. You can always rent a tank if need be in the meantime

PE CS1/Dm15
Virtue Spires/ Ninja SL 77/SL 90
^Changes so much does not even matter XD

East Carolina Paintball Team Alumni
2015 NCPA National Champion Class AA
XxJKATxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:49 PM #3
NemesisOfZod
Last Son Of Krypton

NemesisOfZod has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NemesisOfZod has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NemesisOfZod supports Ninja Paintball
NemesisOfZod supports Empire
I'll call the place that I use and see what a typical turn around time is.

Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear
NemesisOfZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:00 PM #4
NemesisOfZod
Last Son Of Krypton

NemesisOfZod has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NemesisOfZod has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NemesisOfZod supports Ninja Paintball
NemesisOfZod supports Empire
http://www.westernsalesandtesting.com/
1 Week turn around. $20 I think

Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear
NemesisOfZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:40 AM #5
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Legit
aarospoon13 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisOfZod View Post
http://www.westernsalesandtesting.com/ 1 Week turn around. $20 I think
about a week. I've had one take a week and a half. Also, its in deer park. If that's not your neck of the woods its a bit of a haul. Just easier to pop it over to Pro Edge and let them handle getting it there and back, especially if they have a few of them to send over at once.
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 AM #6
Clanless

has been a member for 10 years
Pro Edge uses Western Sales and Testing. I've had tanks (through Pro Edge) take almost 4 weeks, and others take 10 days, so it can be really hit or miss. The other thing you want to be aware of is that Western does hydro testing for all sorts of tanks, not just paintball. They aren't familiar with gel coating and what constitutes 'cosmetic' damage vs actual structural damage. I've had tanks with gel coat cracks sent back without being tested, that I've later sent to Ninja who test them without any issues.

Feedback for Clanless
Clanless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:46 AM #7
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliztli View Post
Judging from everyone's posts and experience in here, you're probably out of luck for less than 2 weeks.

Edit*** - derp its been 2 weeks since your post. Tis hopeless.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 PM #8
noctem89

noctem89 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
noctem89 supports DLX Technology
noctem89 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanless View Post
Pro Edge uses Western Sales and Testing. I've had tanks (through Pro Edge) take almost 4 weeks, and others take 10 days, so it can be really hit or miss. The other thing you want to be aware of is that Western does hydro testing for all sorts of tanks, not just paintball. They aren't familiar with gel coating and what constitutes 'cosmetic' damage vs actual structural damage. I've had tanks with gel coat cracks sent back without being tested, that I've later sent to Ninja who test them without any issues.
Still waiting on my tank back from pro edge. Been 3 weeks now
noctem89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:32 AM #9
Clanless

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noctem89 View Post
Still waiting on my tank back from pro edge. Been 3 weeks now
I've talked to the guys there about why it can take so long, and they basically said Western spins the story that they'll get large batches of tanks to test, so they end up only testing once or twice a week. Doesn't really explain why it can take a month to get a tank back. They've been really slow lately. My tank that took almost 4 weeks had a crack in the gel coat, and they wouldn't test it. So it sat there for close to a month doing nothing. When I finally got it back, I shipped it to Ninja, and had a tested and certified tank back in about 8 days. If shipping weren't so expensive to and from Ninja (+ at least $30 to ship it there and for Ninja to ship it back, more than the hydro), I'd probably always use Ninja for hydro testing.

I know there was a guy on Craigslist in Houston who advertised that he did HPA fills, and was also a certified hydro tester, but I've never tried him. Believe he runs s scuba shop. I'll see if I can find that ad and see what he charges.

Edit: here's that craigslist ad: http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/5596486708.html

Feedback for Clanless

Last edited by Clanless : 05-25-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Clanless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 AM #10
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanless View Post
I've talked to the guys there about why it can take so long, and they basically said Western spins the story that they'll get large batches of tanks to test, so they end up only testing once or twice a week. Doesn't really explain why it can take a month to get a tank back. They've been really slow lately. My tank that took almost 4 weeks had a crack in the gel coat, and they wouldn't test it. So it sat there for close to a month doing nothing. When I finally got it back, I shipped it to Ninja, and had a tested and certified tank back in about 8 days. If shipping weren't so expensive to and from Ninja (+ at least $30 to ship it there and for Ninja to ship it back, more than the hydro), I'd probably always use Ninja for hydro testing. I know there was a guy on Craigslist in Houston who advertised that he did HPA fills, and was also a certified hydro tester, but I've never tried him. Believe he runs s scuba shop. I'll see if I can find that ad and see what he charges. Edit: here's that craigslist ad: http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/5596486708.html
If you guys have never been to the Western Sales and Testing Facility, I've seen them in peak time with a lot of tanks. It was hard to walk around and they have quite a large amount of space so that speaks for itself. Either way, its there or this independent dude it seems. Or mail it somewhere. Could also check with your fire guys and see where they get their tanks tested IF it isn't at Western.
ReplyRegional Ups