Old 03-02-2015, 06:49 PM #1
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

joe512s is playing at Living Legends VII
joe512s is playing at Living Legends VIII
joe512s owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joe512s has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
March 22nd at Outlaw Paintball

Who else is down to show up that sunday?

I plan on bringing 5 or more guys down there, would like to find another group or groups with roughly the same amount of players to run scrims. My guys are rusty seeing as how this is our first trip together in roughly 5 years. Let's get something planned so we don't end up just playing random games. Trying to get my squad ready for the season.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 PM #2
deathnaut

deathnaut is an NCPA player
deathnaut plays in the APPA beginner division
deathnaut has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
deathnaut supports Empire
The UT paintball team shows up on most Sundays, as well as other local teams
Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 AM #3
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathnaut View Post
The UT paintball team shows up on most Sundays, as well as other local teams
Good to know, don't wanna show up and only see something like 7 other guys there. Lol I just want to make sure it'll be worth the trip and $.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:52 AM #4
deathnaut

deathnaut is an NCPA player
deathnaut plays in the APPA beginner division
deathnaut has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
deathnaut supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe512s View Post
Good to know, don't wanna show up and only see something like 7 other guys there. Lol I just want to make sure it'll be worth the trip and $.
Haha I have never seen it that empty, even with the cold weather. Either way you can expect a good turnout.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:33 PM #5
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathnaut View Post
Haha I have never seen it that empty, even with the cold weather. Either way you can expect a good turnout.
This is good news!

I went up there once about 5 years ago before all the new renovations. The field was decent although no speedball at the time, if they did then they didn't have it set up for that sunday. The turn out back then wasn't too great either, had less than 10 tourney looking players, the other 9 or so were renting gear so the completion wasn't really there. But again that was 5 years ago, my home field back then was Maximum since I'm in the south austin area, and the fact that X-Factor played there was pretty neat.

I was just testing out the other fields in the area, which I plan to do again since I've been out of the scene for a while.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:46 PM #6
Fondle
Sorcerer!

Fondle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fondle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I got a small group of 2 or 3 that will be there. We were in your same boat about 6 months ago, we came back from not playing for about 5 years
Old 03-05-2015, 10:19 PM #7
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fondle View Post
I got a small group of 2 or 3 that will be there. We were in your same boat about 6 months ago, we came back from not playing for about 5 years
Maybe we can run a few scrims
Old 03-06-2015, 08:56 AM #8
Fondle
Sorcerer!

Hell yea we are always looking for other "walk ons" to play with, those UT guys like to pretend they own the field and not let anyone play
Old 03-06-2015, 11:21 AM #9
monkeyspirithand
GIPwonworldcup

monkeyspirithand plays in the PSP
monkeyspirithand owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyspirithand plays in the APPA D3 division
monkeyspirithand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Hell yea we are always looking for other "walk ons" to play with, those UT guys like to pretend they own the field and not let anyone play
If you feel like we are hogging the field, just come up and talk to one of us. We periodically move off so that ODK and some of the other teams can jump on and run their games, heck half the time were on the back field doing drills so that all the other teams can run their games on the airball field. We're more than happy to share the field whenever yall want to run games.
monkeyspirithand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:33 PM #10
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

I plan to play regardless so wether you guys are running drills on the main speedball field or not, you'll see us out there. If we can get small groups of 5 to run scrims and practice with then that would be awesome, this is really going to be a warm up for my squad considering how long it's been.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:32 PM #11
Fondle
Sorcerer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyspirithand View Post
If you feel like we are hogging the field, just come up and talk to one of us. We periodically move off so that ODK and some of the other teams can jump on and run their games, heck half the time were on the back field doing drills so that all the other teams can run their games on the airball field. We're more than happy to share the field whenever yall want to run games.
LOL yall know who i am, we ask every weekend , maybe i have been asking the wrong person, i always get the " oh well.. we have a really important tournament coming up so we need to practice, maybe next time"..
Old 03-06-2015, 08:30 PM #12
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

Quote:
LOL yall know who i am, we ask every weekend , maybe i have been asking the wrong person, i always get the " oh well.. we have a really important tournament coming up so we need to practice, maybe next time"..
No worries bruv, if it happens again then we'll group up and demand some play time!
Old 03-06-2015, 09:06 PM #13
monkeyspirithand
GIPwonworldcup

monkeyspirithand plays in the PSP
monkeyspirithand owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyspirithand plays in the APPA D3 division
monkeyspirithand has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe512s View Post
I plan to play regardless so wether you guys are running drills on the main speedball field or not, you'll see us out there. If we can get small groups of 5 to run scrims and practice with then that would be awesome, this is really going to be a warm up for my squad considering how long it's been.
Awesome man, hope we can play some games against yall!

Quote:
Not really sure who has been saying that, sure we only like run with our lines before a tourny, but we will play anyone who will show up and be on the other side of the field. If you want, pm me and we can talk about this, sorry you have been talking to the wrong guy, my name is Jack btw
monkeyspirithand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:00 PM #14
SageScout
Hold my oakleys bra

Y'all mad bra???? If you are a paying customer then the field should be able to be used by all. Me and a couple of guys are going to start running more pump games so we will get more playing time on the airball field. I pay full price, better be sure I'll be using the airball field again. All are welcome to play with our group as long as you use semi mech or a pump marker. I've been to outlaw recently and saw kids running ramping with walk ons. Even in rec I have seen to many players with tank and trigger bounce that don't know how to fix those. Been around the game far to long to deal with those that don't know their gear. Will be more then happy to play with anyone that plays mech and pump. An ego trip doesn't really make you better only games with teammates that know what you are going to do. If you all wish to run drills then make it fast, no one gets extra treatment just cause they have a tourney coming up unless they pay more at the start to rent the field privately. Just cause I don't work there anymore doesn't mean I'll bend over for all the semi electros (and ramping ones) that show up, shoot maybe two cases and play ten games and call that a practice. I've seen all sorts a tourney guys come and go over the years and wasted tons of money in the process and seen them disappear over the many many years me being around the game. The airball should be for all to play not those that think empty glory is a thing that is worth the price you have to play each and every time. (which is $78.40 with field fee and just a case of paint at outlaw) This is just a glorified hobby at best just as I have said over the years. I want to continue to enjoy it not be pushed around by tourney guys that think the field is just theirs.

Last edited by SageScout : 03-08-2015 at 05:13 AM.
SageScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:31 PM #15
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageScout View Post
Y'all mad bra???? If you are a paying customer then the field should be able to be used by all. Me and a couple of guys are going to start running more pump games so we will get more playing time on the airball field. I pay full price, better be sure I'll be using the airball field again. All are welcome to play with our group as long as you use semi mech or a pump marker. I've been to outlaw recently and saw kids running ramping with walk ons. Even in rec I have seen to many players with tank and trigger bounce that don't know how to fix those. Been around the game far to long to deal with those that don't know their gear. Will be more then happy to play with anyone that plays mech and pump. An ego trip doesn't really make you better only games with teammates that know what you are going to do. If you all wish to run drills then make it fast, no one gets extra treatment just cause they have a tourney coming up unless they pay more at the start to rent the field privately. Just cause I don't work there anymore doesn't mean I'll bend over for all the semi electros (and ramping ones) that show up, shoot maybe two cases and play ten games and call that a practice. I've seen all sorts a tourney guys come and go over the years and wasted tons of money in the process and seen them disappear over the many many years me being around the game. The airball should be for all to play not those that think empty glory is a thing that is worth the price you have to play each and every time. (which is $78.40 with field fee and just a case of paint at outlaw) This is just a glorified hobby at best just as I have said over the years. I want to continue to enjoy it not be pushed around by tourney guys that think the field is just theirs.

I was out there today and had people telling me that I had to wait a game or 2 so the other teams could get there practice in for PSP Dallas. WTF? If everyone is paying the same amount of $ to be there then why are we getting less field time? I think it's only fair that if you know you're going to be practicing for a tourney then ask for a private practice and pay the extra $ to boss hog the field, otherwise step off and let others get some time in as well. It was raining so I'm sure those teams just wanted to take the field for as long as possible before it began to rain harder.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:27 PM #16
Fondle
Sorcerer!

glad im not the only one feeling that way,

When me and my buddy rolled up today , we noticed everyone just jerkin around walking in circles and we could already see how the day was going down, so we just filled up our tanks and went back to my house and did some drills in my backyard since i own a few of my own Airball bunkers
Old 03-08-2015, 09:42 PM #17
SageScout
Hold my oakleys bra

Glad to see some normal guys left in the PB world and not the ones that think they are self entitled to something that is nothing more then empty glory. It's been this way for a while now ever since I stopped reffing there. I'll be there the 14h cause that's when psp is going on so I won't have to deal with these new elitist style of kids. If they don't get what they want all they will do is complain anyways which means nothing to me cause I'm a paying customer like all the normal ones and pb is not the only thing I do with my life. It's a great stress reliever and great hobby to chill out to. Not a d#ck measuring contest.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:02 AM #18
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
Let me preface with, my name is Ryan Sutten and I am the president of the UT team, so I would be the one to talk to when it comes to my team, and I'm quite sure I've never been approached by any of you on the subject.

That being said, we obviously have no claim to the field whatsoever, nor do we try to 'hog' it. We play whenever no one else is playing and continue playing until there are players waiting on the sideline to play (whether it be against us, themselves, other teams, etc.) or we run out of paint on the field. We are constantly practicing for events, so we don't typically run with random people mixed into our 5-man lines as that obviously doesn't help us prepare for those events. However, we will gladly line up against any other 5 individuals at the field and do quite regularly. I know that the majority of the other teams that are consistently there feel the same way and are under similar constraints. My biggest suggestion at any tournament field (including Outlaw) is to be proactive and be geared up on the field. Simply get 5 walk-on players together and come out onto the field and hop onto a side after a point. All the teams there wait their turn, including us, and what I described above is the most efficient way to get your turn on the field (this is how every tournament field I've ever played at across the country is, for reference). There is only one field and a whole lot more than 2 lines of players there so obviously everyone has to wait their turn in line.

If there's ever any issue, feel free to come speak with myself, a ref, or Tom at the front desk and we'll get the issue straightened out. Tom's a great guy and everyone out there is there for the same reason, to play paintball and have fun doing it. Have a great night y'all and I look forward to seeing all of you out there (especially the pumpers with cool toys for me to gaze at)!
PaintFreak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:50 AM #19
SageScout
Hold my oakleys bra

^^^^^Ryan is a good guy and Tom is awesome, I'm glad I had the chance to work with him.^^^^ You do know me, its me Chris G. The old tech, ref, dj guy that use to work before all the changes and upgrades that outlaw has made with Jeff the older Mexican guy. Glad you said something though, its not really you guys I have the problem with cause most of older guys that played with me (you, Ashton, and Ben were always really nice guys, just that I've seen a rise in kids and other players that have shown up and just walk around the field and not really run games as quick as they should as well as get into some fights at the field (other tourney regulars). My health is getting my better and would love to run some points with you guys again (even though I'm only running my t2 now) as of resent. Dalton, Me and a few others are going to start running more pump or mech (limited paint) games to try and boost the pump scene cause I want players (mostly newer ones) to not be intimidated by the guys that lack control while on the field with their electros. Hope to see you guys out there soon though.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:43 PM #20
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

I'll be honest, Tom is a f'ing boss! Glad to know there are people like him that aren't in this just for the $ but for the love of the sport and community. I went out there and my ego 11 that I just bought off of PBN was leaking, so naturally I went to Tom and asked if he knew any techs that were at the field that day. He along with a ref and another player completely stripped my gun down and replaced a valve o-ring which seemed to be the cause, unfortunately it didn't stop the leak. But what Tom offered to do is what blew me away, instead of just saying "oh well we tried, screw it", he decided that he'd be willing to take my gun out to PSP Dallas and have the techs at the planet eclipse tent check it out. I'll be picking up my gat this weekend from Outlaw, and I'm forever grateful to Tom for his sheer kindness and generosity. All of you other field owners and managers can learn a thing or 2 from my man Tom. lol
Old 03-10-2015, 07:33 PM #21
XIXIceIXI
((0))Shocker Owner((0))

XIXIceIXI is playing at Living Legends VII
XIXIceIXI owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XIXIceIXI has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XIXIceIXI has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Im willing to Sunday March 22nd and can probably get 3 more people too(id be the only one willing to be on a team)