Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-15-2016, 11:47 AM #1
a4y2o0

a4y2o0 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
a4y2o0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
a4y2o0 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
New to OKC

I will be moving to OKC (Tinker AFB) in September. Just looking for info on fields / teams anything paintball that is still current in the OKC area, thanks for any info!
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2016, 02:10 PM #2
Wakewarrior7
Now in Technicolor

has been a member for 10 years
The biggest question is what kind of ball do you play? Are you strictly tournament? Scenario? Woods ball? Play just to play?

As for fields, the best in the OKC area for a day to get out and play is Avid Extreme Sports park in Guthrie. There are plenty of people there every weekend. It's a bit more laid back and they have a lot of field options for rec play. In October, they are holding a scenario based around the movie Tombstone. It's put on by Viper (the guy that does Living Legends.) I'm wanting to say that around 500 people is the average attendance with people coming from all over the Midwest.

Avid also has a field in Newcastle that they just opened up a full sized 5 man NXL on. It has the new bunker set. I'm thinking they run it every other week to keep the grass and field in top condition. That field also has a number of smaller concept fields that get in quick games with a short down time in between.

There is PCOC which is really close to the base. I haven't been there in a while, but last time I was, they had an airball field and it was the place to go if you were a competitive player.

Dodge city is in Piedmont, and it has been literal years since I've been there. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can speak to its merits. Last time I was there though, they had quite a few fields that were a little bit smaller and that led to short, quick games with a fast turn around.

In between Avid and Dodge City, there's battle park. They have a really nice staging area and a couple of rec fields. They have an urban type motif going.

On the west side of OKC, is Epic paintball park. This is the newest field in the area and they are still building it up. It has a few fields that are setup and playable, with more on the way.
Wakewarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 06:14 PM #3
a4y2o0

a4y2o0 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
a4y2o0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
a4y2o0 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Cool, thanks for the info. I play recreational woods and speedball. i will be sure to check these out, seems like plenty of places to play around the area.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 AM #4
jpc1990

I just went to Avid South for the first time yesterday and it was great! Good group of guys that play out there and the field was nice.
jpc1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:38 PM #5
EpicPaintballPark

EpicPaintballPark supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4y2o0 View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. I play recreational woods and speedball. i will be sure to check these out, seems like plenty of places to play around the area.
Avid in Guthrie has some killer woodsball and couple nice themed courses along with a proshop in Moore. Haven't played newcastle so can't comment.

Epic has only been open 2 months and as stated we are in the building up process. Currently our fields are large speedballish type fields,, with Totes , Large Tires , two Spools fields (one with trees in the middle) , barrels and a large airball field when weather allows. Currently working on grooming 3.5 acres of woodsball to get that open for the rec woods players but will take some time due to all this rain. In the future we will have 50-60 acres opened up but will take awhile.

Battle Park is top notch themed fields with a killer club house , Dodge City has little woodsball due to a tornado but is a fun park , PCOC caters to tourney players and has 1 woodsball and couple speedballish fields too.

Might want to bounce around and check them all out, everyone has something to offer and makes for a great variety all within 25-45 mins driving distance from each other, since most of the fields are within 2-3 miles of a major highway and I am on the I-40 service road.

Welcome to OKC and enjoy what we have to offer.
Randall Coles (Panther) owner of Epic Paintball Park, 9420 West I-40 Service Road, OKC OK 73128. www.epicpaintballpark.com 405-679-3742 (EPIC) facebook https://www.facebook.com/Epic-Paintb...1230984982563/
EpicPaintballPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:50 PM #6
Barr6268

whats the turnout like at pcoc these days? i know sundays used to be packed a few years ago
Barr6268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM #7
Ryan Gray

has been a member for 10 years
Ryan Gray is a Professional paintball player
Ryan Gray plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr6268 View Post
whats the turnout like at pcoc these days? i know sundays used to be packed a few years ago
Not sure anymore, the Avid South Park normally had 20-30 airball players.
Ryan Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:28 AM #8
dyeballer86
Aaron

dyeballer86 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gray View Post
Not sure anymore, the Avid South Park normally had 20-30 airball players.
Not to mention fantastic facilities and service this crew gets a huge A plus in my books!!! And the field is pristine with the newest nxl field around!