PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-01-2015, 11:21 AM #1
ehresmann

Best Fields in Ohio to go to

Hey everyone, I just recently got all new paintball gear after being out of the sport for ~5 years so I'm excited to be back! I am hoping you guys can recommend some good fields to go to that are in Ohio. I live near i-70 Paintball but won't try that out till it gets warmer. I found Warzone up in Toledo for their indoor arena for while its still cold out. Open to other ideas or thoughts about those two parks. Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited by ehresmann : 01-01-2015 at 12:58 PM.
ehresmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2015, 01:34 PM #2
bdunbar52
Hometown Heroes

bdunbar52 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bdunbar52 plays in the APPA beginner division
Warzone in Toledo doesn't have the indoor field anymore.
bdunbar52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:02 PM #3
ehresmann

Ah bummer. I just came across PaintballPLEX in Indiana, its about the same distance from me as Warzone was.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:42 PM #4
bdunbar52
Hometown Heroes

Paintball Plex is pretty nice, I think it is worth the drive. There is good comp out at Plex and I've never had any problems of any kind there.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:46 PM #5
ehresmann

Good to hear! I recently purchased a mini gs but the rest of my friends sold their gear a few years back so they will have to rent until I can drag them back in . I'd like to get into some comps this year, but as I mentioned earlier I don't know anyone else that has their own equipment. Have you played at SplatterPark near Columbus?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:58 PM #6
bdunbar52
Hometown Heroes

I've never been to SplatterPark, but from what I hear on here, there are mixed reviews of that place.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:30 AM #7
pontiacfreak142

If your thinking about going to splatter park, first and formost, call ahead and see what the paint is like.

Other than that, ive gone out on a random saturday and had a blast. The refs are usually really cool and games are kept smaller so you dont get cheaters and such.

The big games are a different story though. They finally started getting better setup wise, but they used summer paint in 30 degree temps, so it was a spray paint fest for the people who didnt just get pissed and leave. (Hence why i said call ahead)
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:18 AM #8
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

shockerboy001 plays in the PSP
shockerboy001 is an NCPA player
shockerboy001 plays in the APPA D3 division
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
during the winter Plex is a great place to go tons of great players and a nice place to play well worth the drive. during the summer if you are looking to get into the tournament scene come check out Xcape, tons of fun great prices and while we only have one field its always a good time. from beginner to pros we have it all.
XFT #70
shockerboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:50 AM #9
ehresmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockerboy001 View Post
during the winter Plex is a great place to go tons of great players and a nice place to play well worth the drive. during the summer if you are looking to get into the tournament scene come check out Xcape, tons of fun great prices and while we only have one field its always a good time. from beginner to pros we have it all.
Thanks, Xcape looks like a good place to go! I didn't see a website for them, so do you know when they open for the season, hours, and prices?
Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 PM #10
ladd_17
bA what?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehresmann View Post
Thanks, Xcape looks like a good place to go! I didn't see a website for them, so do you know when they open for the season, hours, and prices?
There isn't a website, just a thread on here because it isn't a business persay. It's quite literally a field by players for players.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Paintball Asylum | Empire

TRUST
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:26 PM #11
ehresmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
There isn't a website, just a thread on here because it isn't a business persay. It's quite literally a field by players for players.
Oh, well that sounds cool! So probably no rentals for any of my buddies that don't have their own gear then? Can you buy paint and get your tanks filled there tho?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:51 PM #12
Moonboot
SPEAKMAN

Moonboot plays in the PSP
Moonboot supports Bob Gurnsey
Moonboot plays in the APPA D3 division
Moonboot is Legendary
Moonboot supports Empire
Xcape has a compressor on sight so getting air wont be an issue. I'm sure Eric (the owner) has a few tippmanns somewhere in his garage he would let you use. Xcape, simply put, is the field of dreams. Stretches of corn fields until X marks the spot. You and your friends should stop by when it warms up, I'm sure you would have a good time.
XFT #31 OSUPB ALUMNI #31 R.I.P Columbus Wicked
TRUST 14+/0- PAINTBALL XCAPE
GEARBAG SALE
Moonboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:42 PM #13
a Lane Shift

Outback Paintball outside of Xenia is nice. Two speedball fields and two woods fields. They are currently closed for the winter, watch their facebook page for updates...i don't think they've touched the website in years. (but their basic info is still the same, minus their 'open' times)
a Lane Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:42 PM #14
ReynoldsZ33
Bazinga

ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by a Lane Shift View Post
Outback Paintball outside of Xenia is nice. Two speedball fields and two woods fields. They are currently closed for the winter, watch their facebook page for updates...i don't think they've touched the website in years. (but their basic info is still the same, minus their 'open' times)

Well hell....here I was thinking Outback went out of buisness.

i70 is always cool. There is always Paintball Country, and CPB.

Where do you live? I'm around the Dayton area too
ReynoldsZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:06 PM #15
shinbone

Warzone does not have any indoor fields anymore, because they converted it to lazer tag but they do have a outdoor field and are currently setting up a speedball field outdoors as well.
shinbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:33 PM #16
DyeStar

DyeStar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If you want to play speedball then take the drive to Plex. Warzone's speedball field is not good at all. None of the bunkers hold air and they fall over.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:24 AM #17
ehresmann

ReynoldsZ33, I recently just moved an hour north to Logan County from Miamisburg by the Dayton mall. A friend and I are playing this weekend though, was hoping to find an event or a group of people playing somewhere in Ohio. But haven't been able to find anything yet so at the moment we will be going over to Paintball Plex this Saturday.
ReplyRegional Ups