Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-05-2015, 03:22 AM #1
mephisto_man
lazorz pew pew

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mephisto_man plays in the PSP
Lightbulb What would you like to see in the future for Kansas Paintball?

Just like the title states. This is a thread where you can freely voice your opinions, ideas, and suggestions about what you would like to see in the future of Kansas paintball.

To start it off I would just like to say that the MPS (Midwest paintball series) was a very fun series that i loved to play. Sadly its gone now, however I think that it was definitely a move in the right direction for competitive paintball. That is on thing I feel Kansas lacks ( A solidified tournament series that runs for a full season at different field locations ). I personally would be willing to help develop a series like this if ever it came about.
mephisto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2015, 10:33 AM #2
childplease187
I'm a baby panda!

childplease187 supports Team VICIOUS
childplease187 plays in the APPA D5 division
I just feel like it lacks organization. Yeah there are tournaments every now and then and random throw together teams show up. I don't see very many organized teams around anymore, playing in an organized leagues. Practices are hard to get set up. Usually we just show up at a random field and hope there is people to play against. I feel like an organized league would really help. I still believe there is plenty of players out in Kansas and surrounding areas.

-Putting this here so I remind myself to never not own a MacDev gun-
GearBag Sale: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post88716561
childplease187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:05 AM #3
blitz121

Annual Supporting Member
blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mephisto_man View Post
Just like the title states. This is a thread where you can freely voice your opinions, ideas, and suggestions about what you would like to see in the future of Kansas paintball.

To start it off I would just like to say that the MPS (Midwest paintball series) was a very fun series that i loved to play. Sadly its gone now, however I think that it was definitely a move in the right direction for competitive paintball. That is on thing I feel Kansas lacks ( A solidified tournament series that runs for a full season at different field locations ). I personally would be willing to help develop a series like this if ever it came about.
The ESS was tried after the MPS, it didn't work out so well. Last year Elite Sports had a summer series (3 man and 5 man) but I don't know if that will happen again this year or not.

Honestly there are at least 5 organized teams at ES and around the area. It is just any organization tried in the past has sooner or later run into the ground.

XTC social crew
Elite Sports
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 AM #4
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
The Heartland series is happening this summer.

The idea above is a good idea, but its tough to please all parties involved in the series.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:36 PM #5
mephisto_man
lazorz pew pew

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mephisto_man plays in the PSP
Don't get me wrong I played the Heartland series last year and did very well. turn out was great also. My idea is really just diversifying the field locations. But it is hard to collaborate with other fields sometimes.
mephisto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 PM #6
KronicKiller-Coach

In the past, Elite Sports had a series that traveled to other fields, we brought our own refs, bunkers when needed, we prep'd & grid the fields, some of the field's conditions/ nets & sizes were better than others.

Since Elite Sports has the only turf field in KS- we've decided to keep the events in Assaria, KS so, no matter what the weather conditions are throughout the year- we'll have a good playing surface and the events will grow. For example the April Fools event this Sunday has 30 teams registered with probably 26 or so getting paid by the deadline tonight.

If you want to get involved in our organized practices, PM me or Jake.
EliteSportsPB.com

Elite Sports OT
Kronic Killer Paintball
2 Old Guys & A Mean Girl
KronicKiller-Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups