Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-05-2015, 03:22 AM #1
mephisto_man
lazorz pew pew

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mephisto_man plays in the PSP
Lightbulb What would you like to see in the future for Kansas Paintball?

Just like the title states. This is a thread where you can freely voice your opinions, ideas, and suggestions about what you would like to see in the future of Kansas paintball.

To start it off I would just like to say that the MPS (Midwest paintball series) was a very fun series that i loved to play. Sadly its gone now, however I think that it was definitely a move in the right direction for competitive paintball. That is on thing I feel Kansas lacks ( A solidified tournament series that runs for a full season at different field locations ). I personally would be willing to help develop a series like this if ever it came about.
mephisto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2015, 10:33 AM #2
childplease187
I'm a baby panda!

childplease187 supports Team VICIOUS
childplease187 plays in the APPA D5 division
I just feel like it lacks organization. Yeah there are tournaments every now and then and random throw together teams show up. I don't see very many organized teams around anymore, playing in an organized leagues. Practices are hard to get set up. Usually we just show up at a random field and hope there is people to play against. I feel like an organized league would really help. I still believe there is plenty of players out in Kansas and surrounding areas.

-Putting this here so I remind myself to never not own a MacDev gun-
GearBag Sale: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post88716561
GTi'd Clone VX:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post89120009
childplease187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:05 AM #3
blitz121

Annual Supporting Member
blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mephisto_man View Post
Just like the title states. This is a thread where you can freely voice your opinions, ideas, and suggestions about what you would like to see in the future of Kansas paintball.

To start it off I would just like to say that the MPS (Midwest paintball series) was a very fun series that i loved to play. Sadly its gone now, however I think that it was definitely a move in the right direction for competitive paintball. That is on thing I feel Kansas lacks ( A solidified tournament series that runs for a full season at different field locations ). I personally would be willing to help develop a series like this if ever it came about.
The ESS was tried after the MPS, it didn't work out so well. Last year Elite Sports had a summer series (3 man and 5 man) but I don't know if that will happen again this year or not.

Honestly there are at least 5 organized teams at ES and around the area. It is just any organization tried in the past has sooner or later run into the ground.

XTC social crew
Elite Sports
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:58 AM #4
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
The Heartland series is happening this summer.

The idea above is a good idea, but its tough to please all parties involved in the series.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:36 PM #5
mephisto_man
lazorz pew pew

Annual Supporting Member
mephisto_man plays in the PSP
Don't get me wrong I played the Heartland series last year and did very well. turn out was great also. My idea is really just diversifying the field locations. But it is hard to collaborate with other fields sometimes.
mephisto_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 PM #6
KronicKiller-Coach

In the past, Elite Sports had a series that traveled to other fields, we brought our own refs, bunkers when needed, we prep'd & grid the fields, some of the field's conditions/ nets & sizes were better than others.

Since Elite Sports has the only turf field in KS- we've decided to keep the events in Assaria, KS so, no matter what the weather conditions are throughout the year- we'll have a good playing surface and the events will grow. For example the April Fools event this Sunday has 30 teams registered with probably 26 or so getting paid by the deadline tonight.

If you want to get involved in our organized practices, PM me or Jake.
EliteSportsPB.com

Elite Sports OT
Kronic Killer Paintball
2 Old Guys & A Mean Girl
KronicKiller-Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:49 AM #7
Matte

Annual Supporting Member
While I like the competitive side of paintball a BUNCH. What Kansas paintball needs is a firm foundation of players willing to travel and spend money in hopes of growing to a Higher Level of play. With the discourse within the PSP and now the new league of NXL I see players sitting back waiting to see what happens. The Paintball scene needs dedicated teams with good captains to grow any type of league that fields/stores will host. All to often a field will promote an event with good and even great prizes but somehow or for some reason players lack the enthusiasm to show up and play or register early.

When players register early it gives the field owner confidence in hosting events which eventually leads to hosting more events. As a business it is hard to promote and host an event with low expectations of making money, when the regular weekend we host over 200 players and have no special prep work, scheduling or prizes to buy "Prizes are not free guys the cost all field/store owners money"

In the future I would love to host more events but like I mentioned before it is very hard when the Weekend Warriors are always there with no extra expense. Teams I think if you are willing to commit to a series I would post up your intentions so fields know that you are here and willing to play.

Jake good luck with the Heartland Series and thanks for continuing tourney ball here in Kansas where it is all but dead compared to the 60+ teams we use to host in the WPS Series. The Edge may in the future hold some fun woods/hyperball events but as of now we have noting on the schedule.

Reptiles - Onslaught - Phase - Insight On Sale Nowt
Super Hot custom colors Avaialble!
www.nationalproshop.com
www.edgepaintball.com
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:34 PM #8
JiV3TuRk3Y4

I am on a D5 3-man paintball team with a couple of my friends. We all want to go and play in tournaments, but we just cant find any tournaments. The only tournaments we can find are at Jaegers. My friends and I keep searching the internet for tournaments around but they are not out there that often.
JiV3TuRk3Y4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:39 PM #9
dbroncosman42
Houston Heat Fan

dbroncosman42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I really enjoyed how the Edge had junior league paintball last year, it really brought my skills and confidence to a new level. If Junior League ever happens again I will be the first one to sign up! (I also could bring others)
Old 05-04-2015, 10:35 AM #10
maximb12

Some great points! It is for sure a two way street. Field owners will be much more eager to host events if they notice more organized teams consistently showing up to their respective fields on a weekly-biweekly basis. Maybe someone should start a thread in Kansas and Missouri pages where all team owners/captains can post where their teams are practicing, scrimmaging, etc. that way the players/teams can get organized and can relay that to the fields.
maximb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:49 AM #11
maximb12

Quote:
Originally Posted by childplease187 View Post
I just feel like it lacks organization. Yeah there are tournaments every now and then and random throw together teams show up. I don't see very many organized teams around anymore, playing in an organized leagues. Practices are hard to get set up. Usually we just show up at a random field and hope there is people to play against. I feel like an organized league would really help. I still believe there is plenty of players out in Kansas and surrounding areas.
What field do you guys normally play at?
Old 05-04-2015, 03:53 PM #12
CHECKurFACE07
Legal Drug Dealer

CHECKurFACE07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CHECKurFACE07 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CHECKurFACE07 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximb12 View Post
Some great points! It is for sure a two way street. Field owners will be much more eager to host events if they notice more organized teams consistently showing up to their respective fields on a weekly-biweekly basis. Maybe someone should start a thread in Kansas and Missouri pages where all team owners/captains can post where their teams are practicing, scrimmaging, etc. that way the players/teams can get organized and can relay that to the fields.
During the "heyday" of Kansas paintball in the mid 2000's, while the MPS was going strong, I recall fields in the area hosting huge team practices. They were very well planned, advertised (PBN, word of mouth, etc.) and organized. It was regular for 10-15 teams to go to these practices to scrimmage each other. Attendance was good and consistent, so fields could offer lower priced paint and entry. It was a win-win for everyone involved and everyone got in an awesome day of practice.

Fast forward to today...paintball in the area is hit and miss, and it's quite sad. Although it seems that attendance is definitely on the upswing as of late (at least at my regular field, HPP in Harrisonville, MO. Lots of good players all the time.), I couldn't tell you how many times I've shown up to a field on a day with a full line ready to play, only to find the airball field blown up and nobody else to play with.

I don't think the issue is lack of players or teams, I think the problem is organization itself. Sure, there are plenty of organized teams lurking around, but they are all based out of their own respective fields and aren't willing to travel much to practice. Most practice within themselves, which is good to an extent, but practicing other teams would be far more beneficial. Furthermore, it would be awesome to have a local series here in KS taking place at diverse field locations, with events listed on APPA, but I understand that collaboration and coordination of these tournaments is difficult.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to playing the Heartland Paintball Series this summer and hope there is a good turnout for these events. The fact that APPA is being used for these is awesome.

★High Performance Paintball-Harrisonville, MO★
CHECKurFACE07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:04 PM #13
childplease187
I'm a baby panda!

Quote:
What field do you guys normally play at?
Our homefield is DZ. But we have traveled to HPP and Elite.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:15 AM #14
maximb12

Quote:
Our homefield is DZ. But we have traveled to HPP and Elite.
How far away are you from hpp and what division?
Old 05-05-2015, 05:07 PM #15
childplease187
I'm a baby panda!

Quote:
How far away are you from hpp and what division?
I'm going to say an hour and a half tops. We've been doing well in D5 events at Kick'n and Elite so Division 5 and maybe next season Division 4.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:49 AM #16
hypoyoyo

More Action!

If we had places in KC that would accommodate more to tournament players instead of Rec Players it would make a huge difference! No one wants to take care of fields, or help to setup tournaments. Once you have places to play, the local d5,4,3 squads will be able to practice more and then have events with teams traveling to KC to play. There is obviously plenty of options for hotels and things, and entertainment. KC is a central location and could be very valuable, just none of the fields seem to care. Sadly...
hypoyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 AM #17
maximb12

Quote:
I'm going to say an hour and a half tops. We've been doing well in D5 events at Kick'n and Elite so Division 5 and maybe next season Division 4.
That is pretty close. What is the name of your team and you guys looking for teams to scrimmage?
Old 05-08-2015, 07:28 PM #18
soccerguy243
Air Force Paintball #19

soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soccerguy243 is an NCPA player
soccerguy243 plays in the APPA D5 division
a street ball random draw tournaments

"If you're not shooting, moving or talking, you shouldn't be on the field."-Tyler Michaud
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE Pilot
soccerguy243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 PM #19
CHECKurFACE07
Legal Drug Dealer

CHECKurFACE07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CHECKurFACE07 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
CHECKurFACE07 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerguy243 View Post
a street ball random draw tournaments
Would be so legit!