ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-15-2016, 08:18 PM #1
smartdye
10 Years!

smartdye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
smartdye owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
smartdye posts videos on PbNation
Moving to Chicago, where to play with skilled players?

Hey Nation.

Looking for a place in Chicago to get some solid points in weekly and potentially find a team to play with for the remainder of the season onward. Prefer a place that has a competitive atmosphere / houses home teams playing various ranks.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM #2
smit1080

smit1080 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
smit1080 supports DLX Technology
smit1080 supports Ninja Paintball
I believe CPX sports is the goto. It's in Joliet. Pricey, but I hear it's beautiful.
smit1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:01 PM #3
Spyder Ftw

Spyder Ftw supports Ninja Paintball
I prefer O'hare in Palatine to CPX Indoor, and I haven't even made it to a "team practice" session just to open play days. If you go to O'hare you probably won't go back to CPX, it's so much nicer in every way. I can't comment on CPX's outdoor.
Spyder Ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:46 PM #4
smartdye
10 Years!

Ah, thanks for the tips. I'll have to give both a try.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:12 AM #5
Nucci

plays in the NXL
Nucci owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Nucci plays in the APPA D3 division
If you want skilled players and teams...Badlandz is the best. What type of backround do you have in tournament play? PM me with what you are looking for and experience. Badlandz in Crete, IL. Is home of Chicago Aftershock and Shock 2. There are also many different skill level teams that play every weekend, also walk ons.
Nucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:27 PM #6
oharepaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder Ftw View Post
I prefer O'hare in Palatine to CPX Indoor, and I haven't even made it to a "team practice" session just to open play days. If you go to O'hare you probably won't go back to CPX, it's so much nicer in every way. I can't comment on CPX's outdoor.
Thanks! Thursday nights were open from 5-10pm and run a $65 case, entry, and air deal. There's usually a solid amount of competition out as well.
www.oharepaintball.com
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Wed-by appt only--Thursday-Friday- 5pm-10pm
Saturday- 12pm-10pm & Sunday 12pm-7pm
Facebook Friend us for Specials- Ohare paintball park
oharepaintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:47 AM #7
Blackdeath1k

Lots of places to play in the Chicago area. Paintball explosion hasn't been named yet as a place to play. And depending where you are moving you also have some really nice fields to play in NW Indiana. I'd venture to say the Chicago area is cream of the crop of the north central US for picking fields to play at weekly.
Blackdeath1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:16 PM #8
viking002
Da Sigma

viking002 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
viking002 posts videos on PbNation
viking002 is an NCPA player
viking002 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdeath1k View Post
Lots of places to play in the Chicago area. Paintball explosion hasn't been named yet as a place to play. And depending where you are moving you also have some really nice fields to play in NW Indiana. I'd venture to say the Chicago area is cream of the crop of the north central US for picking fields to play at weekly.
Theres also siege which is where boom plays out of but thats up in wisconsin about 1:30 hours away
viking002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:20 PM #9
smartdye
10 Years!

Awesome, great tips from everyone. Really appreciate it!
Old 06-23-2016, 10:06 PM #10
-gk

Building off the original post, do Illinois teams coordinate practices at all? I just moved here from AZ and am getting back into the sport. But there, all the good teams in the state would coordinate to go to the same field a minimum of two weekends a month to get the most out of practice. Anything like that here or is just kind of go play and hope there is some competition?
-gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:56 AM #11
Spyder Ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by -gk View Post
Building off the original post, do Illinois teams coordinate practices at all? I just moved here from AZ and am getting back into the sport. But there, all the good teams in the state would coordinate to go to the same field a minimum of two weekends a month to get the most out of practice. Anything like that here or is just kind of go play and hope there is some competition?
Your best bet is going to one of the aforementioned fields on team practice days I think. We've been to CPX Indoor and got smoked by 5 man lines playing with walk-ons if you want to play full lines on full lines.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:14 AM #12
-gk

Quote:
Your best bet is going to one of the aforementioned fields on team practice days I think. We've been to CPX Indoor and got smoked by 5 man lines playing with walk-ons if you want to play full lines on full lines.
Thanks for the info. Looking up CPX, it's hard to justify going there very often over Ohare based on price alone. $105 entry/paint is borderline robbery.
-gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM #13
Spyder Ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by -gk View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Looking up CPX, it's hard to justify going there very often over Ohare based on price alone. $105 entry/paint is borderline robbery.
I agree. If you're going to the indoor don't other with CPX just go to Ohare. Like I said I can't comment on the CPX Outdoor, wanted to go to legends but didn't have the extra cash to blow.

Ohare is leaps and bounds ahead of CPX indoor IMO, and as you mentioned significantly cheaper. Buy a season pass if you have a buddy you can split it, you'll get Discounts off paint and a free entry for a second when you go play on open play days. Thursday nights or Sunday mornings is the best value @65 case with entry and that's all team practice.

I don't want to get up at 630 to get there at 8 to play, I have no problem playing rec ball and helping new players have a good time. If you want to play good points go on practice days, if you want a laid back day with a couple advanced play points come out later in the day we usually get on the field about 1230 or 1 for open play.
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM #14
oharepaintball

Quote:
I agree. If you're going to the indoor don't other with CPX just go to Ohare. Like I said I can't comment on the CPX Outdoor, wanted to go to legends but didn't have the extra cash to blow.

Ohare is leaps and bounds ahead of CPX indoor IMO, and as you mentioned significantly cheaper. Buy a season pass if you have a buddy you can split it, you'll get Discounts off paint and a free entry for a second when you go play on open play days. Thursday nights or Sunday mornings is the best value @65 case with entry and that's all team practice.

I don't want to get up at 630 to get there at 8 to play, I have no problem playing rec ball and helping new players have a good time. If you want to play good points go on practice days, if you want a laid back day with a couple advanced play points come out later in the day we usually get on the field about 1230 or 1 for open play.
www.oharepaintball.com
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Wed-by appt only--Thursday-Friday- 5pm-10pm
Saturday- 12pm-10pm & Sunday 12pm-7pm
Facebook Friend us for Specials- Ohare paintball park
oharepaintball is online now   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups