Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM #1
Carcajou

known problems/issues

anyone who owns an EOS run into any problems / issues? missing things from the box? just curious if i'm in a minority or if other people seem to be missing bits?

my EOS came missing the grip frame screws / no marker lube (not sure if it was supposed to come with it or not)

smart parts is already in the process of dealing with my missing grip frame screws
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2007, 05:12 PM #2
MurderFX

It shouldn't have come with marker lube. Sucks to hear about the screws though .

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:39 AM #3
darkpyro525
LOLWUT

SUE THEM!!! lol i would be pissed who knows how many things are missing from inside lol

"Originally posted by Jocasta: Poor clay can't catch a break No coochie, no nonfat, no likableness, bad what ratio"

darkpyro525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 AM #4
vikeor
Wasted

only shockers come with lube, unfortunately
Black ION w/ups
vikeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM #5
MAPCoordinator
SP Customer Care

MAPCoordinator is a Supporting Member
MAPCoordinator donated to help Peyton Trent
Missing Parts

If you are ever missing anything out of the box, feel free to contact me via PM or anything for that matter. It shouldn't happen, but if it does, I will take care of it for you. How are you liking your EOS so far?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:33 PM #6
Carcajou

i'm loving it, and i'm already in contact with sean scott i belive regarding my particular issues
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 AM #7
MAPCoordinator
SP Customer Care

MAPCoordinator is a Supporting Member
MAPCoordinator donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcajou View Post
i'm loving it, and i'm already in contact with sean scott i belive regarding my particular issues
Yeah, Sean is the man. You are in good hands!

On a side note, Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:43 PM #8
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
You to Rebecca... & everyone else...

My Eos should be here in 2 weeks or so I hope. Sean is taking care of that as well... VERY EXCITED..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 PM #9
darkpyro525
LOLWUT

this is horrible it makes me never want to buy a SP gun again...

"Originally posted by Jocasta: Poor clay can't catch a break No coochie, no nonfat, no likableness, bad what ratio"

Old 11-21-2007, 02:59 PM #10
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
yea I was thinking about picking one up to loan out to friends but It looks like I'll be going with a vs2...
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 PM #11
Carcajou

i got screws for it today, and it seems to have been an isolated incedent. i have received nothing but the best service from smart parts, and i took it to my pro shop today and we've fixed it without having to send it out this is my first smart parts marker and it looks like i am going to seriously consider SP when it comes time for my next marker purchase
Old 11-21-2007, 08:30 PM #12
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

i would have considered buying one but I wouldn't want it to come without a board or something
Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 PM #13
Carcajou

dude it came with everything but two screws were missed and this was one of the first 25 off the production line. i;ve seen no one else comment that they are missing screws. and i doubt that any company would ship a marker minus a board or anytihng key to its operation. i would'nt have even noticed the lack of screws if not for the slight wiggle the body had on the frame. sounds like you are trying to turn a mole hill of a mistake into a mountain and discounting a quality manufacturer.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:17 AM #14
darkpyro525
LOLWUT

u would think any comany wouldnt ship a gun without screws how can u look something over like that what if it didnt have some orings and it blows up in ur face would u still not be upset?

Old 11-22-2007, 01:40 AM #15
Carcajou

yea, but it had everything for it to function properly it took me tryinng to remove the screws to take notice that they were missing, but sure if you want to find this as another reason to not purchase a quality product from a company that stands behind it as opposed to citing "i'm sorry youhave voided your warranty" sure more stuff for me
Old 11-22-2007, 07:47 AM #16
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpyro525 View Post
u would think any comany wouldnt ship a gun without screws how can u look something over like that what if it didnt have some orings and it blows up in ur face would u still not be upset?
Making assumptions is a mistake. I highly doubt SP has forgot screws in a few cases other than this one. And o-rings? I would think they never sold a gun without the correct o-rings. SP might be a lawsuit filled "take over the world" company, but they do a good job.
______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM #17
darkpyro525
LOLWUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImPgoD View Post
Making assumptions is a mistake. I highly doubt SP has forgot screws in a few cases other than this one. And o-rings? I would think they never sold a gun without the correct o-rings. SP might be a lawsuit filled "take over the world" company, but they do a good job.
thats like forgetting bolts to hold a car door on...

Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 PM #18
Carcajou

like i said darkpyro, looks like there just another solid marker that you aren't getting. You jump to conclusions and seemingly fail to understand thats things are missed by the QA guys. my problem was remedied by going to my pro shop and them figuring out what screws are used and what size and handing them across the counter. as to your missing o rings, do you understand how air pressure works? no o-rings = no seal = leaks from everywhere = no explosion. you can gas it up and dry fire it a couple times before purchase, at most pro shops, just to make sure everything fits right and is installed on the gun correctly. i feel a "i buy my stuff online cause its cheaper" response from you after reading this so here goes why i disagree, you have to ship back to the guys you bought it from if a problem arises ($$$) you generally have to pay some form of shipping cost ($$$) and you also never get a personal replationship with people at paintball shops. just because i frequent his shop often i got a deal on the first EOS on vancouver island (not gonna happen from online retailers) and for the record i paid 375 CAN for my marker go find an EOS for 375 US (as dollar is almost at par right now. you are obviously a moron, who has a grudge against SP and are trying to find extra reasons why not to buy their product. if thats the case just stay out of this area and leave us fans to our space. kthxbai.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:26 PM #19
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpyro525 View Post
thats like forgetting bolts to hold a car door on...
Dude get off it...
I've heard stories like that or worse happening to other paintball companies as well.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238

Last edited by Dooku : 11-22-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:21 AM #20
R3MY
MCMLXXXVII

R3MY is a Supporting Member
R3MY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
R3MY supports Team VICIOUS
R3MY plays in the APPA D4 division
last time I checked smart parts wasn't run by robots, but human-beings.. and humans make mistakes. it was a honest mistake, and they fixed it. problem solved..

Feedback

Last edited by R3MY : 11-24-2007 at 01:31 PM.
R3MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:33 AM #21
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcajou View Post
You jump to conclusions and seemingly fail to understand thats things are missed by the QA guys.
I don't think anyone is failing to understand that somebody missed something...like...a set of screws for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3MY View Post
last time I checked smart parts was run by robots
Are you sure about that one chief? Ya may want to ask around a little bit more.