Cr4d13 0f D347h has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstar View Post
I would shoot a mini over any other paintball gun out right now
who are you sponsored by? oh yea... invert... hahahahahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
or you can just get a NXT
great choice. but this guy has a spyder rodeo. he obviously is not ready to jump to a high end marker that needs to be lubed before play every time... spoolers are not a good first high end. heh just putting that out there. even thou i love both my NXT's but i've had many many markers.

i mean. you can look around and if you want to go for it get a shocker. great markers... i've seen some Dynasty NXT's sell for like $475. thats a PL... and then regular NXT's go pretty cheap. cheapest high end out there thats an 07. so you could have something current as well.

out of reading all this its not looking good on buying one. i would suggest a cheap used bob long or ego to get use to high ends. those are the easiest to maintain in a way. couple drops of oil a month in the ram sleeve and then some lube on the regs every couple months or so and your good to go. spoolers on the other hand. great markers better IMO but require much more maintenance.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2007, 08:16 AM #23
RaymiusII
The All Knowing One

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpunk23 View Post
The mini is a good gun, most problems were caused by either first gen poppits and boards which has been fixed or user error.

Absolutely true.

The fact that people are suggetsing getting an Intimidator over a mini is absurd. I have owned several intimidators, everything from a classic to a gen 4. They are problematic, especially for people that are not familiar with them. And when they go down you can at least be guaranteed to break something trying to fix your initial issue. I built most of them from parts that I picked up, so I had no problem with maintaining them. They just ahve more parts that break and thier solenoids tend to give out for no real reason.

I sold all my Intimidators because I can't justify having $900+ worth of guns that sit on my shelf.

I initally bought an Ion, and upgraded it, which I was happy with. It worked every week and gave me the relative performance I wanted. The problem for me was the trigger. It never really felt right to me, and I struggled to get it det-up the way I liked it. I bought a used mini, and it was great right out of the box. I bought another one for back-up and let my friedns borrow them (shoot Ions). They now want to buy mini's.

To date, I had a problem with my Reg creaping and sent it back to Kee. They sent me a brand new reg for free. My reg issue was due to me trying to take it apart. Mini's are new, but as already stated, most issues are due to user error. The same thing occurs with all guns. If a gun works, then leave it alone. People tend to costantly tweak this and that to try to gain something and never let thier gun work in. Are they small, Yes. I am 6' 4" and about 275, so I have huge hands, but I like the size and the fact that it weights considerbaly less than my Ion and even less than my Gen 4.

Ultimately gun preference is about feel. It is why I struggled with my Ion. I think you have a great idea to try one out and see if you like it.

Personally, I would suggest an Ion or Mini. Bob long had great guns, but I found they take more time and you have to have more parts on hand to really ensure that you are covered. I can't speak to shockers, because I have never owned one.

MY FEEDBACK EXISTS FOR A REASON [/size][/center][/b]

Last edited by RaymiusII : 11-16-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:59 AM #24
TerryStolmeier
is always thinking.

TerryStolmeier is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Correction... we are not sponsored by any marker manufacture.

2007 = 10 Man X-Ball in the woods

Help paintball grow by supporting your local store!

Blacklist Photo Blacklist Video
Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 AM #25
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i thought so... lol... terry, you gonna be coming up north for the survivor series... i might be willing to do another infamous reeses toss

BTA
Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 AM #26
carypearson

I have a MINI but am down in Tacoma.

I am so sick of all the people bad mouthing the MINI who have never used it...

I will state upfront, I am no pro, semi pro, amateur, or even rookie tourney player...I play rec ball, that is it. But the MINI has been great for this... My first marker was a Tippman 98, I moved up to a MicroAutoMag RT, and now I have the MINI.

I have had my MINI since early September and have played with it in all the weather we have had since (I have been out with it 5 times now)

It has worked without issue every time. No problems at all. My brother also bought one at the exact same time... No Problems at all.

The marker is super easy to work on and will give you no issues if you follow the tech instructions to the letter. ie DON'T attempt to take apart the Reg (if it is working why would you mess with it) and do not accidentally get lube on the little hole in the poppit.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM #27
thecatspajamas

i played with a mini a few weeks ago it shot ok nothing to really complain about but for 300 i would go for an ion
thats just me though
all in all its up to you what you want
what i would do is come to BGP one weekend there are so many differnt kinds of guns there you would have a chance to test out all the options the people have listed
Old 11-16-2007, 11:38 AM #28
Contour
---!R.I.P!---

My mini has performed how it should except when it sat for 4 months and I didn't change the battery. Mini shoots good, no/little kick, quiet, fast as it needs to be.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:59 PM #29
ZfrkS62
Christmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by carypearson
I have a MINI but am down in Tacoma.
you have a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas
what i would do is come to BGP one weekend
i had to actually check to see where battle ground was, and WOW. That's a drive...I'm up in Everett most of the time, so that's a commute. I have a feeling by the time i got down there and played a game, it'd be time to go home, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymiusII
Ultimately gun preference is about feel. It is why I struggled with my Ion. I think you have a great idea to try one out and see if you like it.
I've tried a seriously upped ION when i played at SA. I can't remember what he had done to it, but he was on a team and probably had help doing it. I would probably need to shoot with one again though since i only played one game with it. It's speed was insane, but i couldn't get used to it's feel.

My buddy is trying to go see a shocker that's on craigslist, but the guy has to get it from cle elum
Old 11-16-2007, 01:15 PM #30
the imitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstar View Post
I would shoot a mini over any other paintball gun out right now
because you have to to according to invert