Originally Posted by twinings
I have some questions about some of the settings... I have a read the stickies in this forum, but I am hopping to have some insight from the regulars on this forum. Please forgive me if these are "newbie" questions, I have only programmed the stock Ion board.
What does lowering trigger debounce do for me? How do I tell when trigger debounce is too low?
What does trigger buffering do, exactly? Will I be able to notice the difference between it being on or off?
How do I optimize dwell modulation? Can I increase battery life with this setting? Or, should I leave it at the default value as I probably won't notice a difference in settings?
Why is the eye mode's default setting = 2 (Eyes On operation with iFault(tm) processing disabled)? I'm guessing the iFault comes in handy in a situation such as when a ball breaks in the breach and the eyes are covered in paint. So, it would seem that I would want iFault to be enabled.
In trigger trainer mode, how do I read the bar graph... is each light equal to ~5bps? So, first light = 1-5BPS, 2nd light = 6-10BPS, 3rd light = 11-15BPS, 4th light = 16-20BPS? What do the flashing lights in trigger trainer mode mean (when your not pulling the trigger)?
Finally, I noticed one oddity: If I turn the marker on, and it's in semi-mode, and I turn off the eyes (which are set in the default eye-setting 2), and pull the trigger, the first trigger pull is full-auto. When I release the trigger, subsequent trigger pulls are semi. Is this expected behavior?
1. Lowering the debounce will lead to a bouncier trigger, but lowering it too much can lead to rapid, uncontrolable fire (full auto on semi) which is bad. You can tell it's too low if you can hit the tank and the marker will fire.
2.Buffering makes it to help prevent misfires being registered due to kick or otherwise.
3. Basically leave the dwell alone unless you experiance problems. You really won't be able to extend battery life significantly, if any, the battery life is much better than most other boards, and there's not much you can do.
4. iFault (tm) is for when you the eyes don't pick up a ball in breach and when the the solenoid fires but it doesn't see the bolt move past the eyes. It is also for the broken paint situation, it will automatically turn the eyes off and cap the ROF accordingly to the situation.
5. I don't know much about trainer mode, it's been awhile since I've used the board
6. You have a break-out or "gangster" mode on. It is not legal in tourney's they are basically just for practice or fun.
Hope I could help. www.goapeonline.com
is one of you best assets when they finally get the forums back up and working