yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Its not like anybody is forcing you to buy **** just so you can dry fire All the impulses I've owned and worked are are amazing, they have very little kick by today's standards and are amazing on efficiency, even bone stock.

My vote goes to the pmi Black Maxxx or however you spell it, I've seen at least three or four go down with no ill treatment.
having an imp without tapeworm is kinda like having a pickup with an inline 4. it just sucks. and tapeworm and all the other ups the imp need was like putting a 4 cylinder vtec in a pickup. Its still a inline 4 no matter how you look at it.

amazing on efficiency????? lol, myself and 6 other teamates shot impulses for 8 months and no one could shoot more than 7 pods. In 7 man you sometimes could do 7 in a game so its not that unlikely. Actually come to think of it i never was able to shoot all my pods in a game because i would run out of gas from the impulse and i played back and carried 7 pods and we all used revys. and then eggs.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 PM #65
mif_slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
having an imp without tapeworm is kinda like having a pickup with an inline 4. it just sucks. and tapeworm and all the other ups the imp need was like putting a 4 cylinder vtec in a pickup. Its still a inline 4 no matter how you look at it.

amazing on efficiency????? lol, myself and 6 other teamates shot impulses for 8 months and no one could shoot more than 7 pods. In 7 man you sometimes could do 7 in a game so its not that unlikely. Actually come to think of it i never was able to shoot all my pods in a game because i would run out of gas from the impulse and i played back and carried 7 pods and we all used revys. and then eggs.
owned two impulses, both without Tapeworms, one had LPR, Palmer Fatty Stab, ND bolt, ND valves,ND hammer, NC pin, ect...it can shoot 1900-2000 rounds in a single fill of 3000 68.. my other impulse which was nearly stock since it was only a trigger and LPR can shoot 1400-1500 rounds, my teammates impy shot about the same 1900 rounds....maybe we were just lucky..but from my experiance, i think their superb on gas saver, and we shot them from 2002-2006, not a 8 month thing...i know the imp inside and out and i can deassemble and reassemble that marker with my eyes closed, literally. I think i like the impy more then the nerve even thou now i own a nerve, reason why was because the impy was just too heavy for these old arms..
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 PM #66
Nick E as Ungodly

I like my impulse. It's not as amazing as you say(only has delrin bolt) but it's fairly efficient for what it is, an improvement on a shoebox shocker. And it handles CO2 damn well.

Still going with wannabe spyders. maybe the tac 5 though.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM #67
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
Adrenaline-Junkie posts videos on PbNation
Adrenaline-Junkie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Adrenaline-Junkie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Adrenaline-Junkie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Adrenaline-Junkie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mif_slim View Post
owned two impulses, both without Tapeworms, one had LPR, Palmer Fatty Stab, ND bolt, ND valves,ND hammer, NC pin, ect...it can shoot 1900-2000 rounds in a single fill of 3000 68...
BULL****!

The most efficient guns on the market (Vikings and Cyborgs) cant even get a case off a 68/45 filled to 3000psi. Anyone who knows anything about efficiency knows your either a lier and/or simply have no idea what your talking about.

Last edited by Adrenaline-Junkie : 11-15-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:08 PM #68
BEAN93x
originally a 2k6'er

people bash spydrs but mid gen spyders are actually okay older ones were pretty bad but the newer ones are okay i dont like the style of the new ones that came out this year but yeah

mid gen spyders like the imagine were decent for the price my brother had one never cleaned it and it worked fine after breaks and such

i own 3 spyders along with a ego, up'd ion and blade 02 pump

flash, TL-R, and the vir first sonix ever made and they all shoot well and have never broken down on me except when i bout the flash it was broken

ions... people bash ions like there is no tomorrow i agree that ions are complete garbage STOCK and smart parts products are complete udder POS but if you have an upgraded ion they preform nice and shoot amazing but i had the stock reg over pressurize on my which blew my guage and snapped my bolt in half making me have to buy a cp reg and firebolt which i have now had to replace 2 firebolts from breaking in half from unknown causes

shockers........ probally the worst gun of all if you cant play with it in weather thats is lower than 60 degrees with out breaking i say is a POS plus bone stock its efficiency is horrible the asa chews up tank threads and the reg is garbage but after you put a ton of money into it like an ion you can have a beast of a marker

egos..... best gun i've ever owned and shot maybe im lucky or what ever but my ego has never broken down or chopped a single ball using crap paint or dxs midnight/ bronze the only mod/ up i have is the dremeld stock bolt thats liek a ghetto cure bvolt but better and c0rky settings that have lots of bounce but not enough to be called for it in a game but yeah... enough about egos

MY verdict

worst= shockers

best= egos

i dunno, not to bash SP but is it me or do they put out pure crap products aside from the freak barrel system?

edit~ sorry if i have some typo's its cold in here and my fingers are locked up kinda

I LOVE MY EGO
Old 11-15-2007, 03:10 PM #69
mif_slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline-Junkie View Post
BULL****!
I stated "my experiance" every gun works diffrently even if they were created side by side. Just like a car, they claim it to have 200 HP, but some come out of the room @ 205, some at 195HP, same with markers and almost everything else out there. But, i do get as much as i claim because i have only 1-2 pods left after a case and i still have about 300 PSI left in my tank.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:12 PM #70
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
Dude, your a lier. This isnt a matter of each gun is different. By design an imp cannot get a case off a 68/4500 filled to 3000. Like i said, no gun ever made can get those kind of numbers.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM #71
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

Quote:
Dude, your a lier. This isnt a matter of each gun is different. By design an imp cannot get a case off a 68/4500 filled to 3000. Like i said, no gun ever made can get those kind of numbers.
Dunno, some tuned up stacked tubes really can go that far, I hear a maxed out mech cocker can go up to 2200-2500 on a 20oz tank and those are only rated for what 1000 shots? Most 68/300 tanks are rated for 800 shots so its possible just not likly.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM #72
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
No, just no. Seriously, if you dont know what your talking about then dont post. Im not trying to be a jerk but this BS just feeds all the noobs heads in this forum with nonsense that they will then go on to claim is true.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM #73
mif_slim

Quote:
actually it is. When I changed my Impulse body to a diffent body, it had some millings in it and the body wasnt brokent in, i couldnt shoot over 245 fps, with my dwell maxed out and my LPR maxed, i also couldnt shoot over 1100 rounds in it, but after it started to break in, that number went up to 1600 rounds per fill, then i sold it to my friend...but nw i dont know how much he's making out of it...and if you havent seen any gun shoot up to those numbers, then maybe you havent been exposed to diffrent markers because my blazer from palmer can shoot 1900-2000 rounds per full 20 oz tank, my brothers blazer can shoot about 1800-1900 per 20 oz tank fill and another of our teammate can only get off 1600 per 20 oz tank fill. all blazers.
We tested out the Blazer to see how many rounds can it shoot in a 12 gram CO2, it can shoot 38 good shots compare to the spyder it only had about 6-8 shots, if you calculate it out, on paper it can shoot 1500-1550 rounds per 20 oz tank, but you have to concider the pressure that it still had in "gas" form, not liquid and you can push out a few more hundred rounds which equals to 1600-2000 rounds more or less. Im no BS'n im just talking form MY EXREIENCE
Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM #74
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
Dude, your BSing, plain and simple. You may get good numbers from your guns but the claims your making ae insane. A new body isnt going to effect your efficiency much at all, certainly not by 500 rounds. Ive used and owned more guns than most people i know who play paintball.

AN IMPULSE CANNOT AND WILL NOT GET A CASE OFF A 68/45 FILLED TO 3000PSI!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:52 PM #75
Waxball88
Ego♥

Quote:
I stated "my experiance" every gun works diffrently even if they were created side by side. Just like a car, they claim it to have 200 HP, but some come out of the room @ 205, some at 195HP, same with markers and almost everything else out there. But, i do get as much as i claim because i have only 1-2 pods left after a case and i still have about 300 PSI left in my tank.
wow my timmy that runs at 60 ****ing psi couldnt get a case off a 3k fill, dont you even try and tell me your imp runs lower than 170psi

Worst gun, Maybe ion 300 when they came out it needed

New feed neck
New ASA
New Trigger
New barrel
New board
New bolt (For any kind of kick reduction/efficiency boost)

Last edited by Waxball88 : 11-15-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:02 PM #76
mif_slim

Quote:
Dude, your BSing, plain and simple. You may get good numbers from your guns but the claims your making ae insane. A new body isnt going to effect your efficiency much at all, certainly not by 500 rounds. Ive used and owned more guns than most people i know who play paintball.

AN IMPULSE CANNOT AND WILL NOT GET A CASE OFF A 68/45 FILLED TO 3000PSI!

Not BS'n, but also another point, the bold part, maybe because you changed so many times that you never took the time to understand each gun totaly before moving on. I have a friend whojust got into paintball, he's only played for 8 months, within that 8 months he's own 12 diffrent paintball guns..yeah, does he know anything about anyone of them? no, what he does know is that people said "this gun is good" "that gun is good" and he went off buying it from what people said. Anyways, words cant explain it, you'll have to see it yourself, but im sure your too far off to see it. like i said, FROM MY EXPERIANCE, and for the Timmy, i like them, but my bro-n-law had one and it sure messed up alot and chop'd balls like crazy, but this was back in 02? it was green fade to yellow (forgot the name)...that gun was okay on effeciency...
Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 PM #77
Adrenaline-Junkie
Hells Yeah!

Annual Supporting Member
Ive been playing for years, i know a lot of guns very well. You dont even have to own an imp or any other gun for that matter to know your wrong. If you really arent a lier then make a vid of a 68ci tank filled to 3000 psi and go through a case of paint. No doubt youll now come up with some reason why you cant or wont which only enforces what ive said to be true. The efficiency claims youve made are insane, period.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM #78
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Using your analogy, it would be like a 200 HP car coming out with somewhere around 500 HP.
Stop BS'ing...

2k7'ers

Last edited by Disarmer : 11-15-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM #79
egoluvr
MY SISTER....THIS TIGHT!!

case off a 3000 fill...not possible...i have a bl closer and i cant even get 1200 off a 45 fill...and i have a 68/45...maybe if you had a 140 cu 45 filled to 3000 then MAYBE if you got lucky w/ perfect paint to boar match and had lpr tuned...but in short not possible from an imp...5 year old tech. has better efficancy then a sl74 sorry not seeing it!

LEGEND
****MW STORM****
Old 11-15-2007, 04:19 PM #80
iphonez (Banned)

That was a very good post. i pretty much agree 100%.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM #81
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Yea I'm gonna have to agree with junkie, an imp isn't getting a case on a 68/3k. My friend's is very efficient though. Bone stock except for a blade trigger and freak factory delrin bolt I gave him and it can pull a lot of paint out of his 47/3k. I shot 100 z-balls through it on my 68/45 and the tank only dropped about 150-200 psi. You can tune a stock imp with no lpr for great efficiency because they are tanks and can handle the pressure. We have his set to 200 psi inline and then just chrono'd through the dwell, somewhere around 6 milliseconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoluvr View Post
but in short not possible from an imp...5 year old tech. has better efficancy then a sl74 sorry not seeing it!
Ignorance, age has nothing to do with efficiency. Look at vikings, they're ancient and get better efficiency than anything. I hardly believe you are only getting 1200 off a 68/4500 on a marq, my DM5 can pull that.

Last edited by outkast kid : 11-15-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:24 PM #82
lunch box (Banned)

Im just gunna throw in a tie between the Viewloader Genesis and the Black Dragun Drallion!!! Both suck!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:26 PM #83
Stryker42
CTC Heavy Weapons

Quote:
why do people complain about the kick? try shooting a M1A full auto, or hck try shooting a SKS or AK-47 or a Dessert Eagle, now those kick more then the ion's and they use them for war, markers are used for sports and its to "simulate" war, deal with the kick, its not even as much as a 22LR...maybe half or less.
Agreed. The HK-91, now that puts a bruise on your shoulder. .308, solid stock, and no recoil reduction at all. I actually found it worse than a SAIGA spinoff of the AK which still used 7.62.

But I digess...As for the worst gun, my friend has a Blade 02 that's totally plastic, has no ball detent, and is prone to jettisoning its firing mechanism. Biggest POS I've seen yet the few times he actually uses it nowadays he does pretty darn well.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:34 PM #84
zergrrr

the Paranahas suck ballz usually
Closed Thread