Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-28-2003, 09:39 AM #1
Stealth Agent
Not*Cal

Stealth Agent is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Stealth Agent helped look for balloons
GPL Event 2...problems fixed?

Well turns out im going to event #2 and i was curious if Global was planning to make this another Roughneck Style Event. And by that i mean, rediculously long air lines, shortage of reffing, and unachieved goals (ID tags)

Curious to what global has done, or plans to do to correct these problems

~ID cards? Where are they? where do we send our pictures? What happened to taking them at the event?

~Air Lines? Global Blamed Skirmish, Skirmish blamed
global....anyoen bother to actually fix it? and how?

~Shortage of Reffing....4 or less refs per feild is no good....although they where trying thier hardest....any more refs this time.....or less fields?

Looking forward to the compition, hopefully the venue will be up to reputation as apposed to the last event
2009 AXBL Champ....Heroes #13
2009 NAX Champs.....USA #13

Thanks for the love & hate....
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2003, 12:55 PM #2
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
ID card: Cindy e-mailed everybody and said if you got your picture taken at the lst event then you will get them at the 2nd event....

Air Lines: Brian posted it on PBnation and GPL forum and said the air problem is fixed........

As far as comparing his events to Roughnecks thats pretty bad... I think his events are by far the best in the area...

Lainway Sports, NY

$$90 Rotor Shipped and Paypal
Old 05-28-2003, 02:27 PM #3
Stealth Agent
Not*Cal

Stealth Agent is a founding member
Stealth Agent helped look for balloons
Had you actually read my post....

I asked where to send pictures for the ID cards because in the email Cindi said that she would be accepting them through email for those who couldnt make it to the store. I payed my 15 dollars but they couldnt take my picture at the event because they where unprepaired.

Brian also posted that they where prepared for the 1st event and we all know what a crap shoot that turned out to be. So i was curious to exactly what he had done to fix the problem. I cant be the only one that remembers huge promises and slight price increases last year on the promise of some $10,000 air station.

And your right, Globals 1st event made Roughneck look half decent

And at the old location Global was the best in the buisness....the new location has yet to prove anything but disapointing.
2009 AXBL Champ....Heroes #13
2009 NAX Champs.....USA #13

Thanks for the love & hate....
Old 05-28-2003, 02:49 PM #4
ZERO DEFECT
ZD

Re: GPL Event 2...problems fixed?

~ID cards? Where are they? where do we send our pictures? What happened to taking them at the event?

Email Cyndi back from the email she sent you. Why dont you just wait and give it to them at the next event or call and see if they will be taking pics then.

~Air Lines? Global Blamed Skirmish, Skirmish blamed
global....anyoen bother to actually fix it? and how?

Brian already announced that the problem was fixed. I believe with a whole new compressor and a backup also. Im sure if you called him, he'd be glad to explain it to you.

~Shortage of Reffing....4 or less refs per feild is no good....although they where trying thier hardest....any more refs this time.....or less fields?

Im pretty sure we had more than 4 refs per field. The number of refs wasnt a problem from what I had heard.

Dont talk about the huge promises and the price increases for the 03 GPL. Brian did say that the air would be no problem. A problem happened that nobody had control over. The only REAL reason you should have to complain about is if you should have been in the finals for the B and C divisions. The price for the GPL events arnt any different than any other event around. Also name me an event that gives out the prizes that GPL hands out at each event.

Cyndi has appoligized many times for the airlines and the chaos that happened during the 1st event. They have fixed the problems while dishing out ALOT of $$$$ in the process. I know every team pays to attend their event, but I guarentee you wont find anything better in the area.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:59 PM #5
navigator
Roth

navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
Well put Brandon

Lainway Sports, NY

$$90 Rotor Shipped and Paypal