Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2016, 08:52 PM #1
dirtymidwest
 
 
dirtymidwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 913
 has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What do the players want?

What style tournaments are players/teams wanting? (3 Man, 4 Man, 5 Man, 7 Man)

Race to 2, Race to 4?

Series or Individual Events?

What do teams look for now in prizes? (gear, cash, credit/gift certificate, guns, anything else?)


Any feedback would be greatly appreciate it.


Stay tuned for more information on the first Foxhole Paintball event of season. Your feedback will help us make it the best it can be.
__________________
FOXHOLE PAINTBALL
G.I. Sportz
RIP: KYLE "ALEX" MYERS
XFactor Geo 3.5
GI Sports 68/45
Empire Z2
dirtymidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2016, 09:04 AM #2
Pflaumen
*913*
 
Pflaumen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: OP,KS
Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Pflaumen donated to help Peyton Trent
Pflaumen owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Pflaumen plays in the APPA D5 division
Pflaumen supports Ninja Paintball
5Man, Race-To, Series style format is my preference. Whether its race to 2, 4, or X.
__________________
Pflaumen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:50 PM #3
Miller0816
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Tournaments

I would prefer 5 man race to 2 or 4. Individual events with gear/guns or cash.
gift cards for the pro shop would be ok too.
Miller0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:17 PM #4
dirtymidwest
 
 
dirtymidwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 913
 has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sweet, thanks for the feedback so far. Lets hear from some more players please
__________________
FOXHOLE PAINTBALL
G.I. Sportz
RIP: KYLE "ALEX" MYERS
XFactor Geo 3.5
GI Sports 68/45
Empire Z2
dirtymidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:15 PM #5
blitz121
 
 
blitz121's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salina, KS
Annual Supporting Member
blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blitz121 supports Ninja Paintball
5 man 3 man 4man are all great to me. I like gear, but it gets old after a while. I like guns though, Race to 4 is cool. 3 man race to 4 is unheard of however.
__________________
Elite Sports Raiders
Raid, pillage, and plunder

XTC social crew
Elite Sports
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:27 PM #6
SEKTape
Sweeper
 
SEKTape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
 has been a member for 10 years
SEKTape is an NCPA player
SEKTape plays in the APPA D5 division
SEKTape has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hyperball, 10 man, for a championship belt.
__________________
KU Paintball Club Faculty Sponsor

"Arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit: for merit itself is offensive."
-Friedrch Nietzsche

"To love is to protect. To protect is to never betray."
-Brandon Heat
SEKTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:04 PM #7
CHECKurFACE07
Lawyer Up
 
CHECKurFACE07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Overland Park, KS
 has been a member for 10 years
CHECKurFACE07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CHECKurFACE07 plays in the APPA D5 division
CHECKurFACE07 supports Ninja Paintball
I've played in a couple D4/5 4-man RT2 events in the last year and had a blast. IMHO, 4-man is the perfect format for local events since it's cheaper, and many teams can't find that 5th player for fives.

As far as prizes go, cash or store credit is the way to go. Nice to be able to pay some of the paint bill after making it to the podium.
__________________
★ Booney Hat Bandits ★ #Banditball ★

Powered By:
★ GI Sportz ★ Planet Eclipse ★ V Force ★ Ninja Air ★

Last edited by CHECKurFACE07 : 04-30-2016 at 12:06 PM.
CHECKurFACE07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:07 PM #8
dirtymidwest
 
 
dirtymidwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 913
 has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Thank you for the information.
__________________
FOXHOLE PAINTBALL
G.I. Sportz
RIP: KYLE "ALEX" MYERS
XFactor Geo 3.5
GI Sports 68/45
Empire Z2
dirtymidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:37 PM #9
burfdragon
Omnipotent idiot savant
 
burfdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: IRKEN
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
Hyperball, 10 man, for a championship belt.
belt for each player on the winning team.
__________________
Born and inbred

burfdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:42 PM #10
300hemi42
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: KCMO
4 or 5 man race to 2, as for prizes gear is always good or gift cards to pro shop are even better.
300hemi42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 PM #11
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99
 
poppasmurf15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MW
 has been a member for 10 years
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
All the race-to formats are great BUT...whatever do, play the points continuously and STOP doing the back and forth of two or more games going on between each point. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I HATE when the momentum goes away when I have to stand in the Pitts waiting for another team to play their point so I can get back on the field and keep a win streak going! I want a legit 2min Pitt time to take the field against the same team to keep the tension high!!!!
__________________
Reppin the MW at...
The Edge Paintball Adventures
National Pro Shop


"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin

Last edited by poppasmurf15 : 05-03-2016 at 09:01 PM.
poppasmurf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 AM #12
blitz121
 
 
blitz121's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salina, KS
Annual Supporting Member
blitz121 helped look for balloons
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blitz121 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
blitz121 supports Sherwood Forest
blitz121 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blitz121 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppasmurf15 View Post
All the race-to formats are great BUT...whatever do, play the points continuously and STOP doing the back and forth of two or more games going on between each point. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I HATE when the momentum goes away when I have to stand in the Pitts waiting for another team to play their point so I can get back on the field and keep a win streak going! I want a legit 2min Pitt time to take the field against the same team to keep the tension high!!!!
To me Split deck isn't bad, but the best 2 out of 3 or race-to 2 are pretty bad.
__________________
Elite Sports Raiders
Raid, pillage, and plunder

XTC social crew
Elite Sports
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:33 PM #13
dirtymidwest
 
 
dirtymidwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 913
 has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz121 View Post
To me Split deck isn't bad, but the best 2 out of 3 or race-to 2 are pretty bad.
So you are looking for race to 4 or what?
__________________
FOXHOLE PAINTBALL
G.I. Sportz
RIP: KYLE "ALEX" MYERS
XFactor Geo 3.5
GI Sports 68/45
Empire Z2
dirtymidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:34 PM #14
dirtymidwest
 
 
dirtymidwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 913
 has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppasmurf15 View Post
All the race-to formats are great BUT...whatever do, play the points continuously and STOP doing the back and forth of two or more games going on between each point. I think I speak for everyone when I say, I HATE when the momentum goes away when I have to stand in the Pitts waiting for another team to play their point so I can get back on the field and keep a win streak going! I want a legit 2min Pitt time to take the field against the same team to keep the tension high!!!!
Bringing back how it was in the original xball days, I like it
__________________
FOXHOLE PAINTBALL
G.I. Sportz
RIP: KYLE "ALEX" MYERS
XFactor Geo 3.5
GI Sports 68/45
Empire Z2
dirtymidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:11 PM #15
CreightonBaller
Jake - Omaha VICIOUS
 
CreightonBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Starbucks WIFI
Annual Supporting Member
CreightonBaller is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller supports Ninja Paintball
5 man/race to 4. non-split deck. cash prizes.

5 man/raceto4 - it's the easiest number of players to get together outside of 3 man. race to 3 works as well, but for some reason we always saw players enjoy the rt4. it gives teams another little chance to stay in the fight if they're down two points right off the bat.

non-split deck: while split deck is better from an organizer/promoter standpoint and scheduling, it's not as fun for the players and spectators. you lose some of the urgency in the pit which was part of what made x-ball the real deal.

cash - people generally have gear already, and while one guy may need/keep a new loader he won, all of them probably won't, and they're going to turn around and sell them anyway; and probably for less than you do in the store (which it sounds like you have?) so why undercut yourself there? people can keep cash, use it to pay their paint bill, etc. we always got great responses from cash prizes.

lastly no, i'm not from kansas, and won't play the event anyway. just came across the post and thought i'd chime in and answer based on my experience running events for 15 years

OR THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEKTape View Post
Hyperball, 10 man, for a championship belt.
__________________
Omaha Vicious - DSSP8ntball.com - Fluffy Bunnies - Farside

ignoratio beatitudo est

Last edited by CreightonBaller : 05-04-2016 at 04:35 PM.
CreightonBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:41 PM #16
ladd_17
Boycott 10bps
 
ladd_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nasti 'Nati
ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
I don't care what the format is, but I'm desperate for a league that takes the ROF back to at least 12.5 bps, 15 would be my ideal.
__________________
Team FUSE

Desperately awaiting the return of fun tournament paintball


TRUST
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:53 PM #17
CHECKurFACE07
Lawyer Up
 
CHECKurFACE07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Overland Park, KS
 has been a member for 10 years
CHECKurFACE07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CHECKurFACE07 plays in the APPA D5 division
CHECKurFACE07 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladd_17 View Post
I don't care what the format is, but I'm desperate for a league that takes the ROF back to at least 12.5 bps, 15 would be my ideal.
As much as I liked 12.5, 10.2 is where it's at ROF-wise IMHO. Trust me, I hated 10.2 in the beginning, but after playing with it for a year, it seems like 10.2 allows players to move more, and makes it easier to go further wide OTB. Plus, to newer players, 10.2 sounds a lot less intimidating than higher ROF.
__________________
★ Booney Hat Bandits ★ #Banditball ★

Powered By:
★ GI Sportz ★ Planet Eclipse ★ V Force ★ Ninja Air ★
CHECKurFACE07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:01 PM #18
dirtymidwest
 
 
dirtymidwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 913
 has been a member for 10 years
dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonBaller View Post
5 man/race to 4. non-split deck. cash prizes.

5 man/raceto4 - it's the easiest number of players to get together outside of 3 man. race to 3 works as well, but for some reason we always saw players enjoy the rt4. it gives teams another little chance to stay in the fight if they're down two points right off the bat.

non-split deck: while split deck is better from an organizer/promoter standpoint and scheduling, it's not as fun for the players and spectators. you lose some of the urgency in the pit which was part of what made x-ball the real deal.

cash - people generally have gear already, and while one guy may need/keep a new loader he won, all of them probably won't, and they're going to turn around and sell them anyway; and probably for less than you do in the store (which it sounds like you have?) so why undercut yourself there? people can keep cash, use it to pay their paint bill, etc. we always got great responses from cash prizes.

lastly no, i'm not from kansas, and won't play the event anyway. just came across the post and thought i'd chime in and answer based on my experience running events for 15 years

OR THIS

Great info, thanks Jake!! Good to see you are still around here
__________________
FOXHOLE PAINTBALL
G.I. Sportz
RIP: KYLE "ALEX" MYERS
XFactor Geo 3.5
GI Sports 68/45
Empire Z2
dirtymidwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:56 AM #19
CreightonBaller
Jake - Omaha VICIOUS
 
CreightonBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Starbucks WIFI
Annual Supporting Member
CreightonBaller is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller supports Team VICIOUS
CreightonBaller supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymidwest View Post
Great info, thanks Jake!! Good to see you are still around here
I try not to be, but every now and then something catches my eye. And I like to make fun of Justin still.

Good luck with the event.
__________________
Omaha Vicious - DSSP8ntball.com - Fluffy Bunnies - Farside

ignoratio beatitudo est
CreightonBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 AM #20
ladd_17
Boycott 10bps
 
ladd_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Nasti 'Nati
ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKurFACE07 View Post
As much as I liked 12.5, 10.2 is where it's at ROF-wise IMHO. Trust me, I hated 10.2 in the beginning, but after playing with it for a year, it seems like 10.2 allows players to move more, and makes it easier to go further wide OTB. Plus, to newer players, 10.2 sounds a lot less intimidating than higher ROF.
That's cool, there's a million and one leagues are catering to you and the rest of the people who like slow, boring paintball. I want no part of it and I'm not willing to spend money on something I don't want. I'm just asking for ONE series that is worth paying the money to travel to and play in. As it stands, for me, that series no longer exists.
__________________
Team FUSE

Desperately awaiting the return of fun tournament paintball


TRUST

Last edited by ladd_17 : 05-05-2016 at 08:57 AM.
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 02:58 PM #21
WILLIZ
Trend Setter
 
WILLIZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Olathe, KS
WILLIZ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
WILLIZ plays in the PSP
WILLIZ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreightonBaller View Post
I try not to be, but every now and then something catches my eye. And I like to make fun of Justin still.

Good luck with the event.
That's not very nice of you Jakey!

As far as the event specifications, make an event that I can play lol.

Thanks!
__________________
AC402.COM
R.I.P. Jason "Towlie" Calef
R.I.P Kyle "Alex" Myers
Rock.Chalk.Jayhawk.
WILLIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump