Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM #43
Snowball13

Snowball13 helped look for balloons
Snowball13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Snowball13 supports Team VICIOUS
Snowball13 is for the Gunfight
Delete one of your posts. The EOS looks pretty nice I think. Gonna try to get my hands on one to try it out asap.
Snowball13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 PM #44
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
OMG U LIEK TRIEN TO BEH A MOD?!!

______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:07 PM #45
Titans09

E - Epiphany
O - On
S - Steroids
Titans09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:42 AM #46
Carcajou

so, finally got around to reading the manual, went out to the strippers and got drunk and am now home to read manuals and such, it comes with an epiphany manual

what i have shot with it, shoots nice, i dont have fast fingers and the triggers needs some tweaking out of the box, but seems fully capable of mowing faces
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Carcajou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 AM #47
MurderFX

I played around with Bandit's EOS last night ~ wow. I have an upped Ion, Bandit has an upped Ion and Epiphany and the EOS totally stock impressed me. The BOB is simple and easy. It's definitely lighter that the Epiphany, and the Eos trigger I like better than the Epiphany trigger, which I didn't think would be possible (it doesn't have the two rubber peices). If you liked the Epiphany than the Eos is that much more. The looks are definitely better than the Epiphany IMO and the pewter/gunmetal color of his is beautiful.

The only thing we had to adjust was the tension on the trigger after shooting it probably 2000 times ~ it started to stick. I went ahead and pulled it apart just because I'm a play baby, loosened the bolt screw a minute bit, and reasembled.

The BOB though definitely took the Eos to the next level ~ now it's a super reliable marker that is now super easy to clean. Everything about the marker reminded me of the Epiphany in terms of feel, sound signature, and performance (which are all very good).

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 PM #48
JoshTC

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and got an EOS last Friday. I was originally going to get the Epiphany and a nice HPA setup. They were out of the Epiphany and the guy there told me that if I went with the EOS that I could still run anti-siphoned CO2 without a problem. It is a lot easier for me to get CO2 fills than HPA so I went ahead and got the EOS. But the more I think about it, the more I am second-guessing the guy. The place I got it from is a very reputable dealer so I don't know.

Anybody have any input on this?
JoshTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:24 PM #49
Carcajou

in the manual it says the gun if fine on CO2 in my opinion however i;d much rather run HPA over Co2, just easier to fill and if you know people with a scuba tank or hve one yourself for 80 bucks or so you can get a fill station for it and you can have all day air for a fraction of the cost
And Shepherd's we shall be for thee my Lord for thee; Power hath descended forth from thy hands; That our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands; So we shall flow a river forth to thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti......
Old 11-19-2007, 08:45 PM #50
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
JoshTC, RUN AIR man.... don't do CO2 on that EOS.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM #51
JoshTC

As soon as I can afford to switch to air I will, but buying a $400 gun instead of a $250 gun kind of blew my budget. Guess I'm waiting until Christmas.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 PM #52
DaltonChaotic

Co2 is easier to find but try to hit 15bps using co2 and see if you dont wish you went with hpa. it wont be pretty.
DaltonChaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:33 PM #53
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

Yup... DaltonChaotic is right....

JoshTC, you can pick up some really nice deals in the PBN B/S/T air section.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:17 AM #54
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Yeah you can get a nice sized steely hpa tank for 40$ on the 'nation. B/S/T is the best.
______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:35 PM #55
JoshTC

Thanks for the heads up guys. I've been browsing the B/S/T a little bit. I'd really like a Fiber wrapped 68/4500. Would be nice to have some free time so I can try the EOS out to. I've had it 5 days and it haven't shot one round through it yet.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:35 PM #56
Carcajou

you'll get a chance and you'll be impressed i was blown away
Old 11-21-2007, 02:09 PM #57
lT2lDoMe
TeaM IgNiTe PlyR

im wondering how the reg is...as in the air...is it a gas hog like normal sp stuff?
lT2lDoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:27 PM #58
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lT2lDoMe View Post
im wondering how the reg is...as in the air...is it a gas hog like normal sp stuff?
If getting 1100-1200+ rounds with a 68/4500 with some air in the tank as Gas hoggie... then I guess SP stuff is.

I would guess the Eos would be in the same boat as the Ion & Epiphany for air consumtion.

I'll post my review when I get mine. Pics, vids, nice write up review.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:30 PM #59
[insert funny name]
*random thoughts occur*

smartparts is taking over the world, or the paintball world atleast.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM #60
Johnshatch

its great on gas! trust me!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 PM #61
Carcajou

the reason smart parts is taking over the worl dis they make quality products and an inexpensive cost, and i realize why they are able to is because of some questionable patent ownership/writing but hey they are a solid company who back up the product they sell
Old 11-24-2007, 01:18 AM #62
HoktFonix
TTU & VT PB Ex-President

Annual Supporting Member
HoktFonix plays in the PSP
HoktFonix donated to help Peyton Trent
HoktFonix supports our troops
HoktFonix is an NCPA player
HoktFonix is reppin' sidebar 4 life
HoktFonix is a top reviewer
HoktFonix is Boss
IMO smart parts is the best company out there
the EOS - Epiphany - Ion are basically the same gun, different looks, some different stock parts/features but basically the same as far as shooting ability
smart parts is making fast reliable guns for a good price and therefore are starting to take over the market, at least the beginner market

for the price smart parts has amazing equipment, although because of new stuff all the time and lowering the prices of brand new-older style guns, smart parts resale value is pretty low

VIRGINIA TECH X-BALL ALUMNI
TEXAS TECH PAINTBALL ALUMNI
HoktFonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 05:04 AM #63
Kobun
GLADIO VIVERE

We picked up an EOS in liquid carbon/black, and so far I am quite impressed with it. I think it looks awesome as well.

It functions and shoots basically the same as any other Ion or Epiphany, but the bolt-out -the-back feature was what made me pick it up. SP should have done this from the beginning. Now if they would just replace the internal hose design with a manifold...

All of our previous Ions we have spent $400-$600+ modding them to our taste, but this is the first one that I am perfectly content to leave alone right out of the box, other than changing the stock barrel out for a Stiffi, and getting a pair of custom Stinger grip panels.

Like my Minis it makes a nice BUG for my Droid and Darq7.

ARS SINE SCIENTIA NIHIL EST
SHIKEN HARAMITSU DAI-KO-MYO
Philippians 4:4-8
Psalm 144:1
Leviticus 26:7
ECOSOV
Kobun is offline   Reply With Quote