View Poll Results: Would you use this software
Yes 59 40.69%
No 13 8.97%
Maybe 11 7.59%
Depends on price 62 42.76%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 10:40 AM #64
pbdude911

field design layout software should be very simple to design.. it probably will not take much at all, i could probably do it in my spare time.
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM #65
Big-Beezo
Damn I miss Home!!!!!!!!!

a program like this already exists,and almost everyone in the RENTAL business uses it, granted its basic coding but it still does all of this stuff in one package. Team that up with the CAD programs we use n this business and you got what your trying to do...

I can find out what the program is called by asking my girlfriend, but its pretty easy to use(we have some people here at work that i'm shocked can tie their own shoes)who use this program to clock in and out of work along with searching for product.

Holla

B
so what if it smells girly... do you not like the way girls smell?

Last edited by Big-Beezo : 11-14-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Big-Beezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:59 AM #66
pbdude911

please find out the name of it
Old 11-14-2007, 11:03 AM #67
pbdude911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Beezo View Post
Team that up with the CAD programs we use n this business and you got what your trying to do...
Cad program? what do you use CAD for in a rental business? and what would a field owner use CAD for?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM #68
YohY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdude911 View Post
field design layout software should be very simple to design.. it probably will not take much at all, i could probably do it in my spare time.
The site for the software is www.paintballfieldbuilder.com

I think there is a market for this software. The issue with the above mentioned is that it has not been updated in years. In designing speedball fields you want available the current NPPL or PSP bunker set.

The big advantage of this solution is that it is true 3D meaning you can rotate and view the field from any angel. Although nothing replaces walking the field this at least gives you additional information about the field set up versus the standard top view and 45 degree view that is typically posted. T

If there was a clean, updated version of this solution or something very similar I would certainly be in the market.
YohY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 PM #69
pbdude911

ill see what i can do, another problem with that software is the size ratio of the bunker to the field is way off. The bunkers are WAY to big when you compare them to the field.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:18 PM #70
Big-Beezo
Damn I miss Home!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Cad program? what do you use CAD for in a rental business? and what would a field owner use CAD for?
desigining tent lay-outs for customers ie showing a virtual tour of what the event is going to look like. The program we have at work is actually called TRI-Star, and it was written by a local firm here in GA! So its not available to the public according to the firm who wrote the program.

Holla

B
so what if it smells girly... do you not like the way girls smell?
Big-Beezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 PM #71
pbdude911

CAD cost alot of money i dont see why it would be worth it to any paintball field owner. thanks for the name of the software i will definitely look into it, even if its not availible to the public, im sure i can get some info.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM #72
XxcrazymanxX

XxcrazymanxX is a Supporting Member
XxcrazymanxX plays in the PSP
XxcrazymanxX is an NCPA player
hey, are actually planning on releasing this product to the public? and will the program be a monthly cost, or a one time cost? thanks
Central Florida Paintball
XxcrazymanxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 PM #73
pbdude911

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxcrazymanxX View Post
hey, are actually planning on releasing this product to the public? and will the program be a monthly cost, or a one time cost? thanks
Yes i do plan on releasing to the public. pricing scheme will all depend on differnt features and all. its all in the development stage at the moment.

On another note regarding the gun tracking. I was thinking about making a website dedicated to stolen guns. It would be 100% free to anyone but it would work like this

If you purchase a new gun, you can create an account and have as many guns listed as you want. it will have all the guns info, SN, Model Make color picture etc.If your gun is ever stolen, you log into you account and report the gun you purchased as stolen by simply clicking on a stolen button in your profile. You will be able to add info like were it was stolen and all. it will then go into the main stolen gun list. If i did this i was thinking about integrating it into the field gun tracking program were if you are robbed, you can simply export the gun list of stolen guns into your stolengunwebsite.com (ficticious name) profile.

But thats kinda off topic
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM #74
RailAgainst

Who would own the database that is created? Where would it be stored and in what format? Is there any mining or sharing of that with the devolper or other 3rd parties?
RailAgainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM #75
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

didn't read through all the pages, but you should add a part where you can enter serial numbers for all your inventory, you should release a store version and a field version... store can have like memberships that people recieve discounts if they buy X amount, that is up to the store, but the memberships and profiles can be handled by the program, it can also do employees,financials, pay, basically everything
Nick_at_PBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:46 PM #76
Nick_at_PBM
This.Is.Life

Quote:
yea i had already planned on making it compatible with that and any information will be able to be downloaded in a excel format.
you should also make it able to import information from excel/other programs or a certain format.
Nick_at_PBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM #77
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

any updates?
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 AM #78
pbdude911

heh actually i was banned for 5 days... i just got unbanned today

and yea ive been doing some things but off pbn.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:29 PM #79
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

any idea when this will be ready to buy/use
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 PM #80
pbdude911

honestly, im not gotta give you a bunch of BS, i have no clue. im still thinking of features and all.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:31 AM #81
ericfine50

Quote:
yea i was thinking of this but havnt figured out how its gonna work yet.

What i was thinking:
You will be able to create differnt "Teams"
So say you have a couple of sponsored teams in which you give discount on paint but full pricing on field fee. Then you have you fields team which playes for free and gets paint at cost.

You can create for example "Team A"
This team only pays for example $5 for field fee and $35 for a case of premiums instead of $45.

Then you have "Home Team" This is your team which the field owner runs. They get premiums at $30 and free field fee.

Then you have you monthly members who pay for membership to get discounts. and they have their own pricing scheme.

you would then go to the players profile and in a dropdown menu select the team they are on if there on one. This way, if your cost goes up or you just want to change the pricing for a team, instead of individually going through each players profile and setting it up, you just edit the teams profile. Also, this saves time inputing new members because you also wont have to go and input the special pricing for each individual player.
You could do this if the software had a "Fee Schedule" table in the background. You could have have "non-member", "member", "Spnosored", etc. The player could be defined a fee schedule via a drop down and the Admin's security settings would prevent an employee from giving his buddy the sponsor rate when he is a non-member.

Good luck with your project. I work in the Healthcare IT field as a Project Manager and there is a point where the software has to many options. Once you have your core elements, add the items that are best for the all of the users. Try to stay away from custom one-off development work.

Good Luck
Eric
ericfine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:29 PM #82
ionuser7

I think this is a great idea it would help speed up the process to get signed in and stuff at my field it takes a while so gl getting this project up and running

VooDoo Paintball
Feedback+3/-0
ionuser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 PM #83
xchris07

I'm a manager at a field, I think this is a great idea. But with this wavier issue, where the player or staff puts it onto a computer and the player signs it on a pad, it takes time, i know. So i like the scan the wavier too. Should put something like a checkbox saying wavier was signed and filed.

another thing
i hope this isnt an online software cause some fields like mind dont dont have power and such. My field would use this, its a great idea. you should do one full price of the software.
xchris07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:23 PM #84
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

themaxx-captain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sup Fellas,
I work for a software company that writes Incident Reporting software for Police, Fire, EMS, CIA, etc. This field management system would be ultra easy to create with PHP... and it would be usuable by any electronic device with a web browser. It also does not have to be an online system... you can make a LAMP server, and have 2 or 3 terminals set up for loggins, creating player accounts, etc. However, at the end of each night, I'd run a MySQL backup statement and backup your data.

I'm currently developing a similar system for the Paintball Park of Memphis... we plan on using a barcode scanner, thumbprint scanner, or direct login as methods for logging in. At the end of their check-in, their receipt prints on the insurance waiver which also prints their info in the pre-printed forms... which they sign. The Park has thousands of these pre-printed forms... once they go through all those, I think they'll go paperless on the waiver.

Anyways, all you'd need is a personal computer... a free copy of a Ubuntu Linux "LAMP" install... and then a few computers to use as terminals for data entry. There are a ton of Dell PC's on ebay that are 1 - 1.5 GHz which are being sold after being used as college computer lab computers... some are as low as $100. There are several great books on PHP which have "online shopping cart" code tutorials... which would be perfect for a player management system.

Anyways, this is the progress I have so far... since its written in PHP, it would be easy to configure with logos for various paintball park fields. You can also hit F11 to remove the browser menus and just display the application. Each field could aslo have a config file which could determine which fields they wanted displayed on the various screens.

The Space to the right of the login could be used to display mini-posters of upcoming tournaments, clinics, scenario games, etc.
Early Version of Login Screen
http://www.ezpaintball.com/webportal/mpp_splash.php
Early Version of Player Info Entry Screen
http://www.ezpaintball.com/webportal/mpp_admin.php

Good Luck with your program, its a great feeling to create software and see people using your application.

Last edited by themaxx-captain : 11-23-2007 at 08:37 PM.
themaxx-captain is offline   Reply With Quote