ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckhead09 View Post
Here's how it breaks down:

You lose 2 games youre out, event is timely and less paint is shot. Everyone *****es that they didn't make finals.

You lose 4 games and have a chance, event takes 2 days, you shoot twice as much paint, everyone *****es about time and paint money.
just fyi, if you take 16 to the next round you would only play 3 extra games per team that made it. i dont really see that being twice as much paint. AND the refing would have been better (not saying it was bad, my line had no problems with calls, but im not saying that i didnt see some bad ones) if they didnt have to do it all in one day. I would say, just imo, that next time anything over like 24+ teams, take more than 8 to next round and also do a 2 day event. Or cap the teams at just 24 and do a 1 day event. i just dont think 8 out of 32 teams is really fair from prelims.

i also think if you take only 24 teams, you should only let each school have 2 teams untill everyone has had a chance to register.

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy

Last edited by ar2b8 : 11-11-2007 at 07:21 PM.
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 PM #23
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
knuckhead09 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar2b8 View Post
just fyi, if you take 16 to the next round you would only play 3 extra games per team that made it. i dont really see that being twice as much paint. AND the refing would have be better (no saying it was bad, my line had no problems with calls, but im not saying that i didnt see some bad ones) if they didnt have to do it all in one day. I would say, just imo, that next time anything over like 24+ teams, take more than 8 to next round and also do a 2 day event. Or cap the teams at just 24 and do a 1 day event. i just dont think 8 out of 32 teams is really fair from prelims.
If you take 16 from prelims, you have to either play another round of finals or more games. Either way its going to take a lot more time. Why do so many teams make it to Sunday in PSP 5man? Because they want you to shoot more paint and stay there longer so you buy more ****. Even 3 more games, say you shoot 3 cases in those 3 games, you're going to pay $20 more a person. I'm sure the field would love this, but you might want to clear it with the players before you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHour 24 7 View Post
The problem with not making it into finals isn't the tournaments fault. Pvegas ballers went 6-2 in prelims. Why did we advance? Becuase we maxed 4 of those 6 games and that gave us enough points to advance. Don't make excuses because you didn't play good. You might only lose two games, but if you barely pull off a win...do you expect to beat the teams that maxed their opponents.
Exactly, the point of a tournament is to see how good you are compared to everyone else, not compared to how many games you think you should have to win to get out of prelims. Be better than everyone, and you'll play finals, its that simple.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM #24
HappyHour 24 7
What's done is done

Did anyone takes pics for the overall tournament for those who didn't pay to get pictures taken?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 PM #25
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah pbpancho took pics of everyone
Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM #26
biGss
P-Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaneuofm View Post
Yea, reffing was a little "off". Please work on that next time hosts.
Don't blame the hosts, it's not their fault.

UW - Platteville Paintball
biGss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:42 PM #27
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D4 division
my team played 14 games and shot about 8 cases of paint. (also the last 3 cases were purchased off teams that did not make it)

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 PM #28
ultimaterampage01

We have some pics of other teams. If our guy puts them on his site ill put a link for it. They were mainly pics from the 2nd bracket.

For the reffing: We had some bad calls on us but the main problem was looking at the refs during the other games. If you are the head ref on the snake side you don't check the outside of the person after he runs snake. You have to check the inside of the person because that is where the person will be shot. When the refs would check people they would check half of them and call them clean. When you are talking to the 12 year old ref after a game and he takes off his mask to talk to you and your the one that yells at him to put his mask on because everyone from the next game is shooting around the field. If you play paintball and ref paintball you should figure out the first thing about paintball is safety and you always keep ur mask on when you are on the field.

Make the event two days and you will not have teams that stop trying after the 2nd lost and change the outcome of teams that are still in it.

"MAF its a way of life"

http://www.stcroixpaintball.com
http://www.garrettmaster.com/
ultimaterampage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:19 PM #29
TheChef99
UofMPrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by biGss View Post
Don't blame the hosts, it's not their fault.
who gets to pick the refs then?
TheChef99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:32 PM #30
arcaneuofm
I have a stalker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChef99 View Post
who gets to pick the refs then?
It wasn't blame..just a suggestion, that's all.

If the hosts themselves were reffing, then it would be blame.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:40 PM #31
mendel_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckhead09 View Post
Here's how it breaks down:

You lose 2 games youre out, event is timely and less paint is shot. Everyone *****es that they didn't make finals.
If you describe Saturday as timely you are likely a meth addict, because it was anything but.
mendel_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 PM #32
GMaster
Canon Connoisseur

GMaster is a Paintball photographer

...etc
GMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:51 AM #33
HappyHour 24 7
What's done is done

where can i see the rest? I checked out his website but couldn't find the paintball pictures?

btw: thats a pretty sweet pics of those twin players.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 AM #34
sneakyweasel
azn

Annual Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is a Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is an NCPA player
sneakyweasel plays in the APPA D5 division
well lets see where to start
making it to finals: you can make it to semis if you lose 2 games still we did it. win your games you have top quality teams pushing hard to win the tourney you need to play hard to win. The idea of taking teams that only have lost 1 or maybe 2 times even farther gaurantees that the teams that should be there are there and it wasnt a fluke wins consistence is key. yea i would ahve been pissed if we didnt make it in but still thats nto a reason to take more teams
refs: i have yet to get screwed over by these refs. however i did not think that they did that great of job. they could have done better. they are great guys and i like them just not as refs. i saw quite a few bad calls and i was called clean several times on paint checks when i wasnt since the ref wouldnt get within 10 feet of me. i saw quite a few playing ons and a good deal of wiping. as well as score sheets being ****ed up on a few games. im not sure who was the hosts of the tourney i guess we would be the logical hosts but we did not get to choose the refs that was done by the ncpa and choosen for the semester

the tourney ran very smoothly and joe is to be thanked much for that. There are a few issues that need to be addressed from this tourney and will be discussed with the captains/presidents so we can all stop *****ing about refs and other things like that on open forums.
sneakyweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 AM #35
LAsk8r37

reffing a tournament as long as that is tough, ill give anyone that. Some of the refs were good and others were down right terrible. the 12 year old everyone was talking about didnt know a thing, one ref in grey profilers wouldnt check people that were next to him hit but would run cross field to call someone clean and there were a few games we just sat and watched as someone would get hit & the ref wouldnt even check them theyd just go on playing with the paintballs on the ground even though their 5 feet away and the hit is on the side their on... No reffing is perfect but ive seen much much better and refs that took checking players alot more seriously.

MW

ISU Redbird Paintball- The Real 2008 National Champs!!
LAsk8r37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 AM #36
Andyman
ΦW Phi Wasted

Andyman is a Supporting Member
Andyman is an NCPA National Champion
Andyman plays in the APPA D5 division
I thought it was a great event and the refs did just an ok job. Too bad we didnt play better, but its good to see all the teams getting better. Im willing to bet that the MW is one of the hardest NCPA divisions in the country.

Support the NCPA

Phi Wast3d: Your blackout is our pre-game.
Andyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:44 AM #37
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 plays in the PSP
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ion103 is All In
if not the hardest
UW-Whitewater Paintball Team - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:30 AM #38
axhi
'Shake' Factory

Annual Supporting Member
axhi is a Supporting Member
axhi plays in the PSP
axhi is an NCPA player
axhi supports DLX Technology
paintball was fun. I liked shooting my gun. I also liked the people that played and stuff. The ref's did work. I have never heard people not complain about refs but I really stopped caring. It's usually not the ref's fault its yours. Shoot people more and make sure they are dead. If you do this before you get shot you win more games. K thx bai
axhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:19 AM #39
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel_2 View Post
If you describe Saturday as timely you are likely a meth addict, because it was anything but.
Umm, I was speaking comparatively to if we added a whole nother round of finals as was suggested.

If you dont think this tournament was timely for how many teams were there and how many fields there were to play on, more power to you
Old 11-12-2007, 11:25 AM #40
mnp8nt
There is only Zuul

mnp8nt is playing at Living Legends III
mnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnp8nt supports Team VICIOUS
mnp8nt is an NCPA player
mnp8nt is Legendary
mnp8nt is attending Decay of Nations VII
32 teams 1 field and ahead of schedule for most of the tournament = not timely....? yeah right

Last edited by mnp8nt : 11-12-2007 at 11:29 AM.
mnp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 PM #41
mendel_2

12 hours to play 8 games is NOT TIMELY. The reffing sucked. Period. Its not even a discussion. I don't understand why everyone is so defensive of things that can be changed so easily? Things could clearly improve. A huge improvement even within the format we had would have been to split prelims up into morning and afternoon sessions, given thats how it was run anyways except split into 4 on then 4 off twice.
mendel_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:37 PM #42
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
If its so easy then help do something about it instead of *****ing?