Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-03-2014, 11:54 AM #1
Shrike76

TM-15 + Rip Clip, RF Question

I just picked up a new TM-15 LE, and was looking to get the Rip Clip loader. Everywhere says it's compatible with the RF system, but I can't find them in stock anywhere and they appear to be discontinued. They look like a useful upgrade, but near impossible to find.

Forum search and my google-fu are both failing me, so:
1) How essential is the RF system? Or will I probably get by just fine with sound activation and some fine tuning?
2) Are the RF systems discontinued for good, or is there a non-Empire option?
Shrike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2014, 07:10 PM #2
Lowerxtreme

I use rip clip and the tm version has no problem hearing my shots. Kinda why they discontinued rf with that version. Although I was almost willing to try the virtue rf for the halo fed hoppers but you will probably have to rewire the rip clip to make room for it. Waste of time IMO. Be leery that the rip clip will jamb though. But there are ways to fix it. I will share my solutions to that only problem if you need them
Lowerxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:44 AM #3
Shrike76

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out for problems with the rip clip. Did yours have issues feeding or was it something else?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:51 AM #4
Lowerxtreme

My problems were with the anti jam mechanism. It's a flaw that they never fixed. I ended up modding mine to use the cyclone feed paddles out an a5. Works flawlessly. Shot 4000 balls through it so far and no more jams and not one break
If God is for us, who can be against us. Roman 8:31
Lowerxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:38 PM #5
Shrike76

Cool, thanks. I'll look out for that.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:03 AM #6
KrymsinViking

I had problems with my rip clip when I moved it over from my BT-4 to my TM-15 but all I had to do was go into the settings, put the sensitivity and speed up to Max, and iv had no problems since.
KrymsinViking is offline   Reply With Quote