WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
Tech Support - Help with all things BT.

If you have a technical issue with something come on in and get help from the Company Techs and knowledgeable PBN users.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2007, 11:43 AM #2
RLpaintball45
Andy Massar

My bro was wondering how you put the E-grip into Semi, it says something about a jumper in the manual but i do not know what that is. A pm would be appreciated.
RLpaintball45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:44 PM #3
robertseakykr

Right behind the on/off button there's a vertical thin black rectangular thing sticking up. Kinda between the DIP switches and the on/off button. That's the jumper. Pull it off the board for semi-only.
robertseakykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:20 PM #4
icehouse1

i have a question about operating pressures. i just recently purchased a brand new Low Pressure 88/4500 psi tank on e-bay for scenario play. the same day i purchased a brand new BT-4 Swat in digi camo, beautiful gun. what is the operating pressure for the BT-4? if it will run off of low pressure, how many shots can i expect from a 88/4500? thanks..
icehouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:56 PM #5
SOGSnakebite (Banned)

the BT is a high pressure marker u need to be running between 750 and 900 psi without a low pressure kit
SOGSnakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:39 PM #6
scottk444

Smile rusting???

i have had my combat for a good 6 months now. each month i have added a piece on to it to make it look like an m4. i put the bt4 mag/clip on my gun. this isn't the expansion chamber one. i noticed that after holding this gun for a few games that rust was appearing. i thought that bt had good paint not crappy thin stuff that rusts in like 2 games. also where can i get myself some picatinny rails to go on my bt4 m16 shroud. my mom won't let me order off the internet though. (bad experience). any help on the colour of paint use on bt markers (obviously black but what colour #) would be greatly appreciated thank you!!
scottk444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:18 PM #7
TURBOPossum

Where is it rusting? The body is made out of aluminum, so that's not rusting... You can probably get rails from a gun store.
TURBOPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:24 PM #8
scottk444

srry i wasn't clear enough. I meant that the Mag i put on it is rusting in sopts on the outside and almost totally rusted on the inside.
scottk444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:47 AM #9
Tomcat001

Where did you get the mag? On Ebay? It looks like water got in there and settled for a long time. Aluminum can oxidize given the right conditions. The inside cannot be simply cleaned out without some type of "acid" wash or an abrasive cleaning method, such as sandblasting (small scale of course). The outside will have to be sanded where the "oxidation" is, properly primed, and painted. Krylon's camouflage Flat black would do fine here as well. The new non expansion chamber mags are made of a composite material and are lighter and won't rust.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 PM #10
icehouse1

OK, is the BT4's power tube the same as the A5 or the 98C? I would also like to know if it plastic or metal? I have had my Swat only for about 2 weeks and have yet to need to clean it, but I know that this is one of the first things that will go wrong.
Also, I have an Assault coming and want to put the R/T on it. I am assuming that the A5 system will fit it. Is this true?
What other non BT upgrades are out there for the BT4's?
Thanks....
Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 PM #11
robertseakykr

The powertube's plastic, the same tube as a 98C EXCEPT BT added an alignment nub between the mounting screws. To accept a 98C powertube, you'll need to either: a) grind the nub off the receiver, or b) drill a hole in the powertube.

Bt's grip is ready for the r/t and there are BT specific kits available on eBay. To see tons of BT mods, and meet a great community, join up at BT Warrior!.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 PM #12
icehouse1

i already have the BT R/T coming. i would like to go ahead, while i have it tore down, and replace the power tube with a better product. where can i find a replacement power tube in metal? i have seen the A-5's and the 98C's. which one should i get?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:51 PM #13
Mike Grenade

Mike Grenade is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehouse1 View Post
i already have the BT R/T coming. i would like to go ahead, while i have it tore down, and replace the power tube with a better product. where can i find a replacement power tube in metal? i have seen the A-5's and the 98C's. which one should i get?
Dead On Model 98 Custom Pro-Seal
I'm using one of these in my BT-4 and I like the peace of mind provided by knowing the powertube isn't going to crack. For installation, I'd recommend grinding the nub off the BT-4 receiver since it's easy and harmless (I hit it with a dremel and finished with sandpaper).
Mike Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:55 AM #14
xTURDYx

I just purchased the bt delta and the manual doesnt go in depth about proper lubing for the marker. I was just wondering amount, and location. Lets say I just got done playing for the day and I want to clean and lube my gun what do I do. Also should I put a few drops into the air hookup before play. A pm or reply would be great thanks.
xTURDYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 AM #15
SOGSnakebite (Banned)

i put a drop of oil on the front and rear orings then two drops in the ASA and your good to go
SOGSnakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:53 AM #16
icehouse1

ok, i got a BT4 Assault from a guy that said that it was in good working order.. finally got to get out and play yesterday.. hooked up the remote line, pulled the trigger and poof... one burst of air and a sputter when i pulled the trigger.. tried it a second time, same results.. what is wrong with it? it does sound like there is air coming from the barrel... thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 12:35 PM #17
robertseakykr

How's it work without the remote? There is a known issue with the BT ASA and some remote lines. The gas port in the BT ASA is well away from the centre and many remote adapters (the part that screws into the ASA with the nipple) will almost completely obstruct the gas port. If this is your problem, you can fix it by
a) dremmeling a trench in your BT ASA from the gas port toward the centre pin, or
b) chamfering the hole in the face of the remote adapter so it won't cover the gas port, or
c) buy an aftermarket ASA or eliminate the ASA altogether
Old 01-21-2008, 04:43 PM #18
icehouse1

if what you say is true, why does the BT4 Swat work like a charm? i am not understanding the difference, i am not saying that you are wrong, just not understanding.. i thought that all ASA's were ported about the same..
Old 01-21-2008, 06:01 PM #19
robertseakykr

I don't think I'm undrstanding you here. The same remote works fine on your SWAT?
Try screwing the tank directly to the ASA (no remote). Does the Assault cycle ok?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:44 PM #20
icehouse1

i did not try to screw the tank directly to the Assault.. i would assume that the Assault and the Swat would have similar ASA's? am i wrong for assuming this? the same tank that i had hooked to the remote worked fine all day with the Swat.. i can check the Assault without the remote, but if this is the case, i will hate it.. i only play scenario with remote hookups... let me check and i will get back to you....
Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 PM #21
icehouse1

turns out that the velocity screw was all of way out!!!! yeah, stupid me for not checking that.. sorry for the inconvenience... however, i did not actually check it with the remote, but i did check it with the tank directly screwed into the ASA before i realized that the velocity screw was all of the way open.. turned it in and it worked fine... thanks for enlightening me