Community Focus

Old 11-09-2007, 12:03 AM #1
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Want to join the DBS family?

We are ALWAYS looking for players. We at DBS try to create a feeling of community at our fields.

Currently, OTC is looking for a fifth player for next year. If you are interested in playing for them next year, come out to DBS on Thursday nights. They are looking for DEDICATED players. This sport does cost money, so you must be able to pay your own way. If you are intersted PM me or Ryan.

Also, I have had a lot of people calling me at the shop asking about when the DBS KIDZ are going to be having try outs. The answer: probably never. We build our team off of players that support us and DBS. Your best bet on getting on the team is to work your ways through the ranks at DBS and prove you've got what it takes. Your best bet on getting onto a DBS TEAM: play at DBS (Thursday is when most of the team guys play). Get to know the guys. We evaluate each player for months before they are even considered for a team, AND we must feel that they will fit with the other members of the team. We strive to be the best by creating one cohesive unit (our DBS family!) on and off the field.

You could be the best player in the world, but if your not a team player, I want nothing to do with you. Last but not least, if your the best you can be, your definately won't be playing on the DBS KIDZ.

Hope this answers anyones questions and if you have any others in regards to the open spot on OTC, questions regarding the DBS KIDZ, or anything regarding to getting picked up, post here or PM me.
LuxePbCentral - Your #1 Stop for Everything Luxe -
PM me for any Luxe / Parts! I can get custom Luxes for you!!!
PaintballNW.com - Local Event Coverage & Promotion!
PM me to request event coverage & make suggestions!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2007, 12:16 AM #2
PlayPen_Joel

i advise everybody to take advantage of this opportunity
DBS is full of great players
and great characters
Don is a great man also
he will get you whutever you need
good luck guys!
Trenton R. Greene

myspace.com/katboxkilla
Looking for WGP PRO SERIES Karnivor
Tyler Michaud Gear Bag Sale *Dynasty,
Avalanche, Ironmen*
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 AM #3
timdan

timdan supports Team VICIOUS
timdan supports our troops
Good luck to OTC on finding a new player.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:51 AM #4
ober777

played at DBS for the 1st time last saturday, it was pretty fun. Heading up again on nov 17th. The snake setup was a bit weird for me since I've been playing woodland but I was able to plow thru the players from the left side (walking side).

the only thing that bugged me was the fact that if my marker is hit by paint, I'm out. Had always play vitals.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:26 AM #5
LousyHero
Rusty

has been a member for 10 years
I remember those vital days, we used to play vitals all the time back at Urban Paintball on Fife. I remember that even the switch from urban vitals to all body shots at old DBS was a tough one, but it just teaches you to play tighter and move quicker. You'll get used to it
www.LousyHero.com
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 AM #6
leeninwit1shot
just like to shoot with 1

leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
leeninwit1shot owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyHero View Post
I remember those vital days, we used to play vitals all the time back at Urban Paintball on Fife. I remember that even the switch from urban vitals to all body shots at old DBS was a tough one, but it just teaches you to play tighter and move quicker. You'll get used to it
fife Urban Paintball was the ****, i loved the tower... and the swat house... altho when they first opened their velocity was way too low, then they improved

BTA
Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 AM #7
LousyHero
Rusty

has been a member for 10 years
lol 230fps was perfect for me when I was starting out. I miss urban.
www.LousyHero.com
Old 11-09-2007, 09:32 AM #8
Jim-Fallout
rabble...rabble...

Jim-Fallout is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LousyHero View Post
pretty sure you were playing vitals last night...
Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 AM #9
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Zing!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM #10
OTC_NW_Ryan

Danny you always beat me to everything in your infinite wisdom.

http://www.myspace.com/offtehcuff
http://www.doodlebugsportz.com
http://www.lousyhero.com/

DBS for the win.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM #11
OTC_NW_Ryan

Otc Is Looking For Players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC19 View Post
We are ALWAYS looking for players. We at DBS try to create a feeling of community at our fields.

Currently, OTC is looking for a fifth player for next year. If you are interested in playing for them next year, come out to DBS on Thursday nights. They are looking for DEDICATED players. This sport does cost money, so you must be able to pay your own way. If you are intersted PM me or Ryan.

Also, I have had a lot of people calling me at the shop asking about when the DBS KIDZ are going to be having try outs. The answer: probably never. We build our team off of players that support us and DBS. Your best bet on getting on the team is to work your ways through the ranks at DBS and prove you've got what it takes. Your best bet on getting onto a DBS TEAM: play at DBS (Thursday is when most of the team guys play). Get to know the guys. We evaluate each player for months before they are even considered for a team, AND we must feel that they will fit with the other members of the team. We strive to be the best by creating one cohesive unit (our DBS family!) on and off the field.

You could be the best player in the world, but if your not a team player, I want nothing to do with you. Last but not least, if your the best you can be, your definately won't be playing on the DBS KIDZ.

Hope this answers anyones questions and if you have any others in regards to the open spot on OTC, questions regarding the DBS KIDZ, or anything regarding to getting picked up, post here or PM me.
Hello and Good Evening/Morning…whenever you are reading this.

OTC is currently looking for incredibly dependable players that qualify in the 08 season for the Rookie Division. Were are looking for players who can make very regular practices every week at DBS indoor, and starting this summer their outdoor location as well. We are looking for players that have a steady job and mix well with the personality of the team, which is most important to us. Players also need to be able to handle criticism and work in a learning environment. We DO NOT want individual players; we want players that work as a team.

Last year we played 13 local level tournaments; playing four Smoking Gunz tournaments, three Ninjaball tournaments, and all of the NWPS including the NWopen, and the first survivor series event. We were highly successful and able to pay for many if not most of our tournaments through our winnings. We run a team bank; basically meaning that everyone pays their way for the first or so tournaments and whatever winnings come out of a tournament go into the team bank. At the end of the season if there is any remaining balance it is than divided between the remaining players on the team.

Specific Tournament Series’ for the 08 Season are TBD, however you should expect to play 1-2 tournaments a month on average, starting in January.

We believe it’s a given that all gear be provided by the player on the team and thus it is their responsibility to maintain and ensure their gear is working at all times. We are not looking for mooches and/or gun whores.

We generally carpool to tournaments, but players are absolutely expected to be able to get there on their own if need be.

Positions we are currently in search for:
Corner Guy, non-snake side.
Mid player.

Go ahead and PM me and/or Danny if interested.

DBS for the win.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM #12
mattmiller

pm sent to ryan
Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 PM #13
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ober777 View Post
played at DBS for the 1st time last saturday, it was pretty fun. Heading up again on nov 17th. The snake setup was a bit weird for me since I've been playing woodland but I was able to plow thru the players from the left side (walking side).

the only thing that bugged me was the fact that if my marker is hit by paint, I'm out. Had always play vitals.
The referee's have brought to my attention that players would like to play games other than elimination. Thanks to Dave and Justin, if you would like to play vitals, gun hits don't count, hopperball, etc... just ask the refs, and as long as everyone else agrees, they will do their best to ensure it happens for you! Thanks guys,

Danny

PS. Thanks to our amazing field staff for doing their absolute best to ensure that DBS caters to players of all levels!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 PM #14
OTC_GEE
Action Gee

Thanks for putting in the extra effort guys!

http://www.doodlebugsportz.com/survi...ies/index.html

Survivor Series, brought to you by DBS, for the win.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM #15
OTC_NW_Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiller View Post
pm sent to ryan
Heya Matt,

I will respond to you by the end of the day.

DBS for the win.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 PM #16
youngunner
Team DBSPAINTBALL.com

i'd like to put in my two cents for matt! he's an awesome baller! i used to paly begginer with this guy! he's great on/off the feild and can do whatever on the field that's needed by you guys
Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 PM #17
mattmiller

thanks man =)
Old 11-12-2007, 09:02 PM #18
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
The idea of team tryouts has always seemed a bit strange to me. Danny pretty much summed up my thoughts on the subject with his description of the DBS recruiting process. I've always felt like a team should say okay this guy is reliable, his style will mesh with our team, we can stand to be around him several hours a week so lets ask him to join the team.

The idea of asking to join a team seems a bit bizarre to me... I wouldn't feel comfortable asking but hey, that's probably explains my chronic free-agent status... well that and the fact I'm not that good haha.

Best of luck to both teams in their search for players. In a sport full of jack-arses, it's really nice to see teams with sportsmanship succeed. Catch you guys thursday.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:54 PM #19
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks Nick. But you have to remember that all availible players don't always stand out. There are definately more than a few guys that would be interested in the chances, and would fit very well, but for one reason or another don't get noticed. It's all paintball. Also, I've decided that most people play paintball because they are drama queens.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:45 PM #20
ADBromeo
- Lousy Heroes -

ADBromeo is a Professional paintball player
ADBromeo plays in the PSP
ADBromeo donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Also, I've decided that most people play paintball because they are drama queens.
hahahaha drama queens.... on a more serious note. guys get your applications in for possible sponsorship at DBS. The month is winding down and if I remember right danny said people will be told about sponsorship by early december.

Omaha Vicious #11

Seattle, WA
Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 PM #21
sammysalvatore

sammysalvatore plays in the PSP
sammysalvatore donated to help Peyton Trent
sammysalvatore plays in the APPA D2 division
sammysalvatore supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Thanks Nick. But you have to remember that all availible players don't always stand out. There are definately more than a few guys that would be interested in the chances, and would fit very well, but for one reason or another don't get noticed. It's all paintball. Also, I've decided that most people play paintball because they are drama queens.
i play paintball because i enjoy shooting gino in the back of the head when i lane