Community Focus

Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM #1
Porkfat
ducka ducka ducka

Porkfat supports Empire
Porkfat is All In
Porkfat is All In
Possible New Scamming Protocol Suggestion

So I have been a member of pbn for just about 3 years now, and I have seen this site grow and always adapting new rules for the better. More and more I see these Theft Report threads, where it is going back and forth about scams, I propose a set of guidlines, that mods or desinated persons can make a decision, wether if it was a scam, attempt scam, or misscommunication. That way we dont have 4 and 5 page threads of going back and forth arguments. If the mods or whoever find the person in question guilty, they get a perm IP ban, if it is misscommunication, they get an infraction (only as encourgement or educational purposes to make sure they know what type of info to get and to make sure to be on the same page for next transaction). However how to do this is the person that is accusing the other person in question makes a theft thread, and on that first post, just like a b/s/t try to put as much info on the transaction, to include any evidence. This whole set of guidlines is based on evidence. Which in most cases there should be plenty of evidence to jusitfy the intentions of a person. The person being accused has 3 days to post up their defense arguement before a mod or whoever decides what happens. I see more and more people that are just making new accounts, and doing scamming more people. By perm ip banning a person this at least makes it a little bit harder for people to make new names and scam more. I also see more and more people accusing people of scamming and they continue to go along with business like it never happend and the new members do not pay attention. I realize doing this will put extra work loads on the mods, but maybe you could do something like that to at least stay on top on scammers, make them feel like its not so easy anymore. To any mod that reads this long long story of a suggestion I put sorry, and thanks.

edit: and i just realized i put this in the wrong section. Lol im really sorry about that aswell.
EKK ELITE
P.C.KATANA
Porkfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2007, 09:31 PM #2
L4sT_ReSOrT
周朝

has been a member for 10 years
Sounds awesome. Would love to see it implemented.
L4sT_ReSOrT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM #3
Nepb2
ODB

i think that there would be a few problems with this.one would be that the accused person might not have access to a computer in the days that they are given to respond to the persons accusation.

another addition to my first statement is that if they are for instance on vacation, already shipped the package out and it got lost in the mail with no record of whether or not it was delivered the person who thinks they got scammed would never know whether or not the accused person actually did send the package.

also, the mods could all perceive it differently, making one say that the person did scam him/her, and one could say that he didnt.

its a good idea, but in my opinion it needs a little more thought put into some parts of it.

great idea overall though!
Nepb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 AM #4
bloody007

Just a minor note: Perm IP bans dont do ****, I can get a new IP in 3 minutes.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:32 AM #5
Porkfat
ducka ducka ducka

Porkfat supports Empire
Porkfat is All In
Porkfat is All In
yea, i realize perm ip bans cant do alot, but they atleast help, not everyone knows how to get a new ip. of course it was just a rough idea, but if both side present their case, and have evidence to back it up, then it shouldnt be a problem. but like i said its just a rough idea, it would be awesome if we would get some more ideas, to maybe make this a good system into somthing that could be implemented.
EKK ELITE
P.C.KATANA
Old 11-09-2007, 11:22 AM #6
bloody007

How about people stop doing this bs thing called "Im not shipping first"

Pay first, get your item later, its how everything works, except for pbnation apparently.

90% of these scams are people saying they sent their item and never got payed. Now maybe I am wrong, but personally, I will never ship and item w/o payment, trades I may ship first. I have gotten scammed before because I was not being careful enough. Thier would really be no effective system for banning on pbnation since you would need credit cards to do it successfully.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM #7
Porkfat
ducka ducka ducka

Porkfat supports Empire
Porkfat is All In
Porkfat is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloody007 View Post
How about people stop doing this bs thing called "Im not shipping first"

Pay first, get your item later, its how everything works, except for pbnation apparently.

90% of these scams are people saying they sent their item and never got payed. Now maybe I am wrong, but personally, I will never ship and item w/o payment, trades I may ship first. I have gotten scammed before because I was not being careful enough. Thier would really be no effective system for banning on pbnation since you would need credit cards to do it successfully.
yes, in the bst rules it suggests that whoever has more feedback ships first, if your selling an item, you should have to pay first. those should be the rules, too many kids are ignoring the feedback which is why we need to implement something new to make everyone reconize what these mods and other people have put so much time and effort into creating a feedback system.
EKK ELITE
P.C.KATANA
Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 PM #8
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkfat View Post
yes, in the bst rules it suggests that whoever has more feedback ships first, if your selling an item, you should have to pay first. those should be the rules, too many kids are ignoring the feedback which is why we need to implement something new to make everyone reconize what these mods and other people have put so much time and effort into creating a feedback system.

and not enough ppl get all the info they need for a deal...also to many ppl don't use paypal... i understand it cost 3% but if you loose your equipment or money that is a lot more than 3%...paypal is just another defense against getting scammed...

got a few holes in the plan but i think it could work, porkfat...nice idea
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:26 PM #9
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkfat View Post
yes, in the bst rules it suggests that whoever has more feedback ships first.
It does?

Or we need more people doing 3rd party deals so people have a safe alternative.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 PM #10
Porkfat
ducka ducka ducka

Porkfat supports Empire
Porkfat is All In
Porkfat is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
It does?

Or we need more people doing 3rd party deals so people have a safe alternative.
i thought it said something of that nature, but im prolly wrong. maybe just a suggestion. but yes 3rd parties do have an extra cost, but like bign said, its alot cheaper to do that. I just want to see the feedback system actaully work to the point of where everyone isnt so you ship first trigger happy.
EKK ELITE
P.C.KATANA