ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-06-2016, 10:50 AM #1
th3band1t
Crank Yankers Racing

th3band1t owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
th3band1t has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
th3band1t supports Ninja Paintball
Hey All - Ft Wayne Local

Not new here just couldnt remember my account from a years ago! Local to Fort Wayne and looking to get back into the sport. Had a few questions. Firstly we'll start with local stores to go through. Is PB Sports still the go to place around here, or are there other local business that I should consider as well?
th3band1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2016, 11:45 AM #2
bneally
Soldier of the Empire

bneally plays in the PSP
bneally owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bneally plays in the APPA D4 division
Depending on how long you have been away, do you know of the Paintball Plex? The Paintball Plex is located just outside of Fort Wayne. They have an indoor field with astro turf, a full size Xball field, a pallet field, and a World War II field with sand bag bunkers. The Plex also has a full service pro shop that is home to Trade My Gun. Trade My Gun is their retail business that sells equipment along with new and used guns. Check out their field website: WWW.paintballplex.com and since you live in FW, you really need to head over and check out their field and store. The store website is separate at: WWW.trademygun.com

PB Sports is also still around and located just down the road from the Glenbrook Mall.
TradeMyGun.com
PaintballPlex.com
bneally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:20 PM #3
th3band1t
Crank Yankers Racing

Havent been around since like '08. Thats a good bit of info too, thanks. I guess Ill have to check out the Plex! Mainly just looking to scoop up some decent gear that I was looking at in the past and get back in the groove. Guess Ill look around for a good deal on a SP Nerve or SFT.

Next question - Reball still a thing?
Old 07-06-2016, 02:21 PM #4
bneally
Soldier of the Empire

bneally plays in the PSP
Reball is still used in some areas but it will never be the same as regular paintball. It is mainly used in small, indoor facilities/areas that were not designed for paintball. I would suggest taking a look at Trade My Gun's website and browse around their used gun section. I am not trying to tell you what gun to buy as it sounds like you want a certain marker for nostalgia's sake but trust me when I say, most of the markers produced in the last couple years have come along way from the old Smart Parts guns. Just a suggestion.
TradeMyGun.com
PaintballPlex.com
Old 07-06-2016, 03:04 PM #5
th3band1t
Crank Yankers Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneally View Post
Reball is still used in some areas but it will never be the same as regular paintball. It is mainly used in small, indoor facilities/areas that were not designed for paintball. I would suggest taking a look at Trade My Gun's website and browse around their used gun section. I am not trying to tell you what gun to buy as it sounds like you want a certain marker for nostalgia's sake but trust me when I say, most of the markers produced in the last couple years have come along way from the old Smart Parts guns. Just a suggestion.
Yeah, been lurking around other parts of the forum today. I did head over to the trade my gun site and that seems pretty legit. Nostalgia is up there, thats for sure. It seems Ill have to scratch the Nerve as parts arent available. Wouldnt mind an older GEO as I miss my GR2.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:47 PM #6
Jordan86

R u looking to do any tournaments at all?
Jordan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:12 PM #7
th3band1t
Crank Yankers Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan86 View Post
R u looking to do any tournaments at all?
Possibly, just looking to see whats going on currently.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:22 PM #8
Jordan86

There is a tournament on the 31st of July at the paintball plex
Jordan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:46 AM #9
bneally
Soldier of the Empire

bneally plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3band1t View Post
Yeah, been lurking around other parts of the forum today. I did head over to the trade my gun site and that seems pretty legit. Nostalgia is up there, thats for sure. It seems Ill have to scratch the Nerve as parts arent available. Wouldnt mind an older GEO as I miss my GR2.
I shoot the new CS1 (Eclipse's newest Geo) but I think you would be very happy with any of the last couple of models. They are a spool valve gun, very similar to the SP guns you listed so you would, most likely, get a marker with the similar shot/feel you are looking for. The Paintball Plex has a TON of teams calling the field home for their practice. If you are looking to get serious just ask around and you will be able to find a team that fits your time and budget. The Plex also hosts clinics that are hosted by their pro team, the Outlaws, so if you are looking to jump back in and skill up pretty quick, you should consider a couple of the clinics.
TradeMyGun.com
PaintballPlex.com
Old 07-07-2016, 09:42 AM #10
nickwild

nickwild supports Ninja Paintball
trademygun.com i have tried to trade in my guns but they wont get back to me
nickwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21 AM #11
bneally
Soldier of the Empire

bneally plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwild View Post
Did you call them directly? or are you just trying to use their online trading tool? If you are not getting a response back from them using the online tool, then i would suggest calling them directly. It is the quickest and easiest way to get service. Keep in mind, depending on what you have to trade, they may not take what you are offering. They still have to be confident that the marker you are trading has a secondary market. They are very good about finding a deal for everyone but there are a few instances where they may not want the marker you are trading in.
TradeMyGun.com
PaintballPlex.com
Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 AM #12
th3band1t
Crank Yankers Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwild View Post
Whatcha all got?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:38 AM #13
th3band1t
Crank Yankers Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bneally View Post
I shoot the new CS1 (Eclipse's newest Geo) but I think you would be very happy with any of the last couple of models. They are a spool valve gun, very similar to the SP guns you listed so you would, most likely, get a marker with the similar shot/feel you are looking for. The Paintball Plex has a TON of teams calling the field home for their practice. If you are looking to get serious just ask around and you will be able to find a team that fits your time and budget. The Plex also hosts clinics that are hosted by their pro team, the Outlaws, so if you are looking to jump back in and skill up pretty quick, you should consider a couple of the clinics.
Yeah, Ill just end up picking up some sort of GEO and throw a CORE IV in and call it a day. Seems like the rules and such have changed up a bit too.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:40 PM #14
Kitty15
FREQUENCY

Welcome back! I quit back in 08 as well and have spent the last 6 months rebuilding my gear. The biggest curve ball to me was the 10 or 12.5 bps cap crap. Other than that Paintball plex is the best around. I miss PB heat did you ever play there?
WWW.PBPIRATE.COM WWW.PBPIRATE.COM
Kitty15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:42 AM #15
TradeMyGun
Buy/$ell/Trade

TradeMyGun is playing at Living Legends V
TradeMyGun owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TradeMyGun has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
TradeMyGun is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty15 View Post
Welcome back! I quit back in 08 as well and have spent the last 6 months rebuilding my gear. The biggest curve ball to me was the 10 or 12.5 bps cap crap. Other than that Paintball plex is the best around. I miss PB heat did you ever play there?
Hey Kitty,

give me a call

-Ramey

Michael Ramey
General Manager
TradeMyGun.com
Shop4Paintball.com
Shop4Airsoft.com
260-357-1560 x302
ramey@trademygun.com

Call Us 260-357-1560 x2

Why buy anywhere else...when TradeMyGun.com has the Industry Leading 50 Day Service Warranty on all USED GUNS, partnered with our 50/50 SWITCH PROGRAM that can get you a new gun for just $50...why shop anywhere else?
TradeMyGun is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups