Community Focus

Old 11-07-2007, 01:38 PM #22
spags3443
Thug

spags3443 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike50 View Post
Isnt that what the regional forums are for?
nuff said
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM #23
Dmashley
KRYPTONITE PAINTBALL!!!!

The CFOA stands for Carolina Field Owners Association right? Nuff said

I also see the point of PBN wanting to not give away free ad space.

So why not make a sticky as Shanna said, but only let a mod post relavent post for local CFOA member fields?
Just a thought
Looking for an ego.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2992714

Last edited by Dmashley : 11-07-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Dmashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:53 PM #24
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
PBNation owns exclusive advertising rights on PBNation. If you want to advertise something like a pro clinic or event or anything like that... you need to buy adspace. You don't get to advertise jsut because you think PBN charging for advertising isnt fair. The CFOA does not own this forum.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:09 PM #25
Atmosfearballer
Teetering on Retirement

Atmosfearballer plays in the PSP
Atmosfearballer donated to help Peyton Trent
Atmosfearballer plays in the APPA D3 division
This thread has made this work day much easier!

HATE Squad 2012, 2013, 2014
Atmosfearballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM #26
HMShanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosfearballer View Post
This thread has made this work day much easier!

Happy to be of service.

Doug...YES, you are right. CF Owners A. Thank you.

Poptart, PLEASE stop regurgitating info about the advertising policies of pbnation. Understood.

But, I am NOT trying to ADVERTISE a product, service, field, brand. I am trying to notify CFOA players of upcoming events for which they be interested in participating without discriminating against any field, field owner, player, event or series in a singular sticky thread in the CFOA forum to ad to the ease of use of this site, eliminate forum littering and eliminate the need for you to use your moderating power to close or delete threads.
Be sure to check out local field forums to see ALL events that CFOA players may be interested in! Since, of course, it's against the rules to post events that CFOA players may be interested in participating here in the pbnation CFOA section?????

Including scenarios, speedball clinics taught by the pros, 3 man tourneys and MUCH more.

These fields are here FOR the players!!! Let's remember this.

myspace.com/shannastabi
HMShanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:22 PM #27
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
i would suggest if they want a big turnout to buy a sticky in the news section.

News Ups!
Have News or an advertisement you want the paintball community to know about right now? Buy News Ups and share not only your news but also add in details like the price and even links on where to buy it right now! The thread costs $100 and will stay stickied at the top of the forum for a full week. Click here for more information.

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Seatbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM #28
malikowski
AHC - I move chickens.

malikowski plays in the APPA D4 division
http://www.paintball-players.org/pictures/35133.jpg

Your not even hot

Mike > You.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM #29
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMShanna View Post
I respect the idea/notion of advertising and fully comprehend.

But tell me why I, a CFOA player, cannot post an event in which CFOA player may be interested in participating in, winning prizes, trashtalking, get their picture taken and overall, just having a good time.

I stand to make NO money off posting any event. I only stand to benefit by drawing in more teams to compete against and learn from. I do not work for a field. No field/company has EVER given me cash to play or post.

Please address the idea of a singular thread posting upcoming events to BENEFIT Cfoa players? Not as a form of ADVERTISING, but as a way to communicate to pbnation's registered posters an event they may or may not want to participate in?

Isn't this site suppose to be for the players and the sport?
1) Because there could be CFOA players interested in any event across the country, seeing as people travel from NY to play, you dont see people in NY posting here for their local things because they know NYers play the series.

2) Just because you aren't directly paid by a field or rack any direct benefit from the events you are speaking of, doesn't mean you dont indirectly benefit, its not a secret you are affliated with the fields posting in question. Same if i was to make a post about a large PBC event.

3) If a PBNer wants to know about an event going on then its their obligation to check the correct forum for the information. People who post local event advertisements in the wrong area are responsible for a smaller turn up because people do not come to the CFOA section to find out about an event at a local field, especially one that does not even hold a CFOA event.

edit: Malikowski - grow up
Old 11-07-2007, 02:25 PM #30
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
shanna check your pm's

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikowski View Post
and that has what to do with it...

Last edited by BIGN : 11-07-2007 at 02:27 PM.
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM #31
HMShanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikowski View Post
Grow up *******.
Be sure to check out local field forums to see ALL events that CFOA players may be interested in! Since, of course, it's against the rules to post events that CFOA players may be interested in participating here in the pbnation CFOA section?????

Including scenarios, speedball clinics taught by the pros, 3 man tourneys and MUCH more.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 02:32 PM #32
Nice Paintballer

Nice Paintballer is a Supporting Member
HMShanna, I actually agree completely with you. However, it is not EvilPoptart's rules. You should not reprimand him for doing what he is told. He is a volunteer for PBN, he is not being paid. You have to realize, if you believe this is a problem, you need to email Tony, Kyle, or a higher moderator to have them let Poptart know it has been changed. Mike(Poptart) should not be the focus of your post since he is only doing what he is told.
Nice Paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:39 PM #33
HMShanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfwoo2 View Post
1)
2) Just because you aren't directly paid by a field or rack any direct benefit from the events you are speaking of, doesn't mean you dont indirectly benefit, its not a secret you are affliated with the fields posting in question. Same if i was to make a post about a large PBC event.
To be honest with you, what really brought this to my attention was the recent event Line of Fire paintball had. Their 13th anniversary event. First time I had ever been there (happenned to be in Brevard for a baby shower.) Be Youngs, Paxton and Rocky were there playing (and as I understand, they go out every year,) TONS of prizes were given out. It was simply a good time!

Why shouldn't CFOA players have easy access to this event without having to search multiple threads, forums, etc. Why not one sticky thread with a calendar type format for easy access to events and information, non-biased, non-discriminating?

Nice, you are right. Admittedly, I stooped. But, that is not beyond any one of us! Poptart can understand that, I hope. I have read some of his posts. But, I DID suceed in getting his attention. As the moderator of the CFOA forum, he would be my first line of communication.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 02:45 PM #34
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
Ahh!

Okay, the CFOA forum is not owned by CFOA, as stated. The CFOA forum is for CFOA related events and discussion only. I understand that you, as a CFOA player, would like to draw other players to an event, however, since the event is not directly related to CFOA, it has no place in the CFOA forums. You'd be suprised how effective the regional forums can be...

Also as stated, if any CFOA player could post a local event that was taking place, there would be 100s of threads not related to CFOA, or having anything to do with it other than a player who might play both leagues.

Mike is simply doing his job by not allowing your thread in this forum. CFOA forum = CFOA related discussion
FREE GOLD UPS!
gzinthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM #35
elfwoo2

elfwoo2 is a Paintball photographer
elfwoo2 plays in the APPA beginner division
Because theres a entire forum section for it?
Old 11-07-2007, 02:49 PM #36
adamb2k2

Whats going on in here..?

Edit: Yes, I am to lazy to read through this thread.
adamb2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM #37
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
its worth reading adam
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 PM #38
Dmashley
KRYPTONITE PAINTBALL!!!!

Ok I got a question then. How is some one posting a, Big open practice at field "A" with paint being "$$" and field fee and air being"$$", Any different than what we are discussing here? This said practice is essentially advertisement for said field. I know these threads go on all the time.

If a feild has an event/outing/clinic that benifits CFOA teams or boosts turn out to CFOA events by getting more players involved, and this said field sends all there teams to all the CFOA events then it is directly related to the CFOA. In my opinion

Once again I do not agree with free advertisment, so there needs to be some sort of specialized solution to this problem.
Looking for an ego.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2992714
Dmashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 PM #39
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
I move or close those when I see them. Listen this is not one big thread intended to question my judgement in enforcement of the rules. Im so SICK AND TIRED of getting crap for doing this. Like Colin said, I volunteer for this job and I dont have to put it up with it. You've had your questions answered. I wash my hands of this.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:44 PM #40
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Now, if only you could comment on the suggestion made for a SINGULAR thread about events that may interest CFOA players in the CFOA section, we can have a rational conversation.

PBnation is about the players and the sport. It's a shame that announcing an event YOUR forum readers may be interested in is against the rules.
I don't understand why the CFOA forum should have a thread about non-sanctioned events. One thread about all those events jumbled together sounds like a mess anyway. I would rather each of them have their own thread, as long as they are in the appropriate forum. There is a whole series of forums just for Regional players and events. If people want to hear about those events, then they'll go to the appropriate regional forum. If people want to hear about CFOA events, feeder series and possibly even CFOA practices then they'll come here. The CFOA has long since distinguished itself as a worthwhile event that people will travel quite some distance to come to play. Implying every local event deserves a place in the CFOA forum is pretty arrogant. If we just allow some and not others, people will just complain when their event is excluded.

Quote:
But tell me why I, a CFOA player, cannot post an event in which CFOA player may be interested in participating in, winning prizes, trashtalking, get their picture taken and overall, just having a good time.
Of course you can! All we ask is that you do it in the appropriate place. We don't allow the CFOA to post in the PSP section about events, so of course we won't allow other series or events to post in the CFOA section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike50 View Post
Isnt that what the regional forums are for?
That is exactly what they are for.

Quote:
Which region should I post events in? Shall I, and every other person with a notable event, litter every regional forum with another post? CFOA players aren't ALL regional.
You should first see if there is already a thread about an event. If there isn't, then you should post in the region where the event is to be held. Please only post once. Posting about the same thing over and over on PbNation is spam (please see the PbN FAQ for a slightly more complete definition of spam). If people are willing to travel to that region, then they can check that forum. If they aren't willing to travel to that region, then they won't check it. If the event is truly worth enticing people to attend from further than they would normally travel, then it might be time to look into advertising.

Quote:
I am not trying to promote a field or event for monetary gain.
Lots of people spam PbNation without anything to gain for it. We still can't allow it. We have no way of really determining who gains from what event, so we don't really make a distinction. I've read the thread and I don't see an advantage to allowing events to be posted in here when we already have a whole forum for things like this.

I think your time would be better spent helping us with ideas on how to clean up the Regional Forums and also trying to think of ways that we can help companies promote their events here on PbNation. We want people to know about events, but your solution of a sticky in the CFOA section just doesn't make sense. It wouldn't allow proper discussion and it would encourage people to post about events outside the proper forum.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:53 PM #41
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
Wesleyj owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wesleyj plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks John.. Problem solved.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 PM #42
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member