PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM #1
HMShanna

Sticky thread for non-CFOA events should be allowed in CFOA forum

Just wanted to say hello...
Be sure to check out local field forums to see ALL events that CFOA players may be interested in! Since, of course, it's against the rules to post events that CFOA players may be interested in participating here in the pbnation CFOA section?????

Including scenarios, speedball clinics taught by the pros, 3 man tourneys and MUCH more.

These fields are here FOR the players!!! Let's remember this.

myspace.com/shannastabi
HMShanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2007, 11:52 AM #2
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
Wesleyj owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wesleyj plays in the APPA D4 division
This looks like your going to be banned on the charges of asshatery.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM #3
HMShanna

I have NOT promoted any field or specific event.
Be sure to check out local field forums to see ALL events that CFOA players may be interested in! Since, of course, it's against the rules to post events that CFOA players may be interested in participating here in the pbnation CFOA section?????

Including scenarios, speedball clinics taught by the pros, 3 man tourneys and MUCH more.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM #4
malikowski
AHC - I move chickens.

malikowski plays in the APPA D4 division
Fail, GTFO.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM #5
Wesleyj
Wesleyj here

Wesleyj plays in the PSP
Wesleyj owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wesleyj plays in the APPA D4 division
Your still going to get banned.. It might be best to get this deleted before you get BOS.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:23 PM #6
HMShanna

I'll wait it out as I am not breaking the stickied rules...

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1748757

Edited to add: I may be making my point in a way that isn't appreciated by moderators, but I am NOT promoting a field or specific event. As a player, I think it's important for events to be mentioned so that events will succeed and players have an easy way to learn of said events. It should not be about advertising money going toward to the forum. It should be about the sport and players.

myspace.com/shannastabi

Last edited by HMShanna : 11-07-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:41 PM #7
LivEkiLL05

LivEkiLL05 supports Empire
what about global warming guys?
WCK
Pro Jerseys for sale
LivEkiLL05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:42 PM #8
jrya07
~8~oh~3~

jrya07 plays in the PSP
jrya07 plays in the APPA D4 division
wut?
haha
jrya07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:07 PM #9
CGD_Justin

CGD_Justin plays in the PSP
CGD_Justin plays in the APPA D3 division
my thoughts exactly scott
Rocky Rhoad fan club #1

Cosa Nostra
CEP
Carolina Breakout
CGD_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM #10
Cole2k3

has been a member for 10 years
Cole2k3 is a Professional paintball player
I'm sorry- but the poptart is right.
If you want to advertise to the customer base the CFOA has worked hard to build up then you should pay for it. That's just the way things work.
There already is a forum for you to promote anything that happens in the South East- For free.
The CFOA forum is for things related to THE CFOA. From their website it looks like that includes CFOA xball, CFOA 5man, Tactical 10 man, and the 3 man series that the CFOA runs at PBC parks. I'm sure if Larry wanted to start a pro clinic series or a scenario series he would put it on his website and then it would belong in the CFOA forum.
The rule is not just about advertising or hurting people who are tryng to use the popularity of the CFOA to promote their events for free it's to keep people from cluttering one of the only forums I read with stuff about "scenarios(nationwide,) speedball clinics taught by the pros(many fields across the nation,) 3 man tourneys (ones sponsored by PBC and others) and MUCH more."
I promise that if I want to go do any of those in the area I will go check the South East forum or one of the local field forums and see what there is to do.

I'm sorry that I don't know who you are, but instead of trying to start some sort of e-revolution movement against the "man" why not just put the event you are trying to promote in your signature?

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Cole2k3 : 11-07-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Cole2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:22 PM #11
HMShanna

I get what you are saying, I do. But the CFOA is NOT just Larry, pbnation, Josh and whoever else. It's a heck of a lot of teams, players, parents, fields, sponsors all coming together for a HUGE event series.

Tournaments once a month or so are not the only time we play.

Cole, I don't know who you are either, but I appreciate the honest and relevant repsonse. But, I DO pay for the popularity of the CFOA through paint, attendance, participation and support just like ALL the other teams and players that participate each season.

I'm Shanna, Team High Maintenance.

I am NOT trying to plug one certain event <at this time> though have tried and been blocked.

I am trying to possibly have a sticky note in CFOA for upcoming events that may interest CFOA players. Honestly, how many of you frequent the SE section as much as this section? Not a place for discussion of said events, but maybe a note (emptied once a month) announcing upcoming, local events. I would even volunteer myself to moderate/update that note. All event promos can be sent to me, I will post in a calendar type format for the month... Unless Mr. Poptart wants to do that.

Why have I gone about it THIS way? Because any time this issue has been brought up...letter, post or otherwise...a powertrip ensues and the thread is locked or deleted.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM #12
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
I don't even know how to begin to address this. You are obviously either too stupid to understand why you may not advertise without paying for it and just too stubborn to accept PBNation's rules.

In any event, go ahead and do your little rebel thing. If I owned the field that your team played out of, I would be embarrassed for your lack of respect for other people.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM #13
Cole2k3

Cole2k3 is a Professional paintball player
You're right, you do pay for the popularity of the CFOA.
So does every single other team, player, parent, and field have the right to advertise their events to CFOA customers using channels that the CFOA has made possible through years of hard work just because they have played in the CFOA? That would be ridiculous- we would have 20 tournaments posted every weeked. You would have 1 relevant thread pertaining to the CFOA per page. Remember- you keep talking about local events- the CFOA isn't a local tournament series- it draws in players from the entire country. Local events belong in local forums where the target audience is more likely to read them- I think you make a great point of people should read their local field's forums.
Just because you don't frequent the South East section doesn't mean that others don't. If you want to promote your events then you should frequent it. People do in fact post events there, and players do actually go there to find out other places to play.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:37 PM #14
HMShanna

HOW am I breaking the rules?

I am not trying to promote a field or event for monetary gain. I am doing it because the more competition the better. The more teams playing, the better for the sport.

I would be embarrassed to have a moderator with your apparent maturity level and unwillingness to discuss this in a professional way.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM #15
HMShanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole2k3 View Post
You're right, you do pay for the popularity of the CFOA.
So does every single other team, player, parent, and field have the right to advertise their events to CFOA customers using channels that the CFOA has made possible through years of hard work just because they have played in the CFOA? That would be ridiculous- we would have 20 tournaments posted every weeked. You would have 1 relevant thread pertaining to the CFOA per page. Remember- you keep talking about local events- the CFOA isn't a local tournament series- it draws in players from the entire country. Local events belong in local forums where the target audience is more likely to read them- I think you make a great point of people should read their local field's forums.
Just because you don't frequent the South East section doesn't mean that others don't. If you want to promote your events then you should frequent it. People do in fact post events there, and players do actually go there to find out other places to play.
I don't want to litter the forum. The opposite actually. And, you ARE right. CFOA is NOT local to the SE only. In fact, one of my teammates flies in for every practice and tournament from NY to play on HM. Why not have an event schedule post (singular, ONE post, maintained and updated by one person) in the CFOA section for those that don't live in the SE, though may be willing to travel for events to play against other CFOA teams?

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 01:48 PM #16
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Im not sure if you're one to judge anyone's maturity level. You are acting like a 12 year old girl (which you may be, I don't know for sure).

So lets break down how you could have discussed this with me in a professional mannor:

1. send me a PM
2. send me an email
3. send me an IM
4. posted a thread that wasn't obviously made to try and irritate me.

These are all good ways to ask me questions that I have no problem to respond to in a timely, professional mannor. You tried none of these. Instead you chose to post a childish thread intended to try and make me look like an evil overlord oppressing the helpless. The rules are clearly posted in my locations. When asked by The owner of the field about why the posts were deleted, I explained why they were. I thought the whole thing was dropped with the hold thread... apparently not. Whats the problem now?

Last edited by EvilPopTart : 11-07-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:00 PM #17
HMShanna

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2421915

The subject has been brought up in professional ways addressed to Larry and Josh for a reasonable conversation and discussion, but closed.

Yes, I was trying to irritate you. I confess. But, at least I have your attention. Now, if only you could comment on the suggestion made for a SINGULAR thread about events that may interest CFOA players in the CFOA section, we can have a rational conversation.

PBnation is about the players and the sport. It's a shame that announcing an event YOUR forum readers may be interested in is against the rules.

Female, 26, college grad, business owner. Sometimes you have to stoop to be recognized and create a discussion concerning this forum.

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 02:07 PM #18
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
That thread may have been addressed to Larry/Josh, but the question was for a PBNation staff member (ex: EvilPopTart) to answer. It was closed after the question was answered. That type of question is not up for general discussion.

So let me once again exaplin why you may not advertise for free on PBNation.

Ok. You own a buisness. You want a salesmen to walk into your buisness and start trying to sell their product to your customers without you getting a cut of the profits? No?

Then you should understand whats going on now. This forum is for PLAYERS to talk to each other. Not buisnesses to pitch their buisness proposals. If the field wants to advertise their pro clinic, they need to buy adspace by contacting tony@pbnation.com
Old 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM #19
HMShanna

I respect the idea/notion of advertising and fully comprehend.

But tell me why I, a CFOA player, cannot post an event in which CFOA player may be interested in participating in, winning prizes, trashtalking, get their picture taken and overall, just having a good time.

I stand to make NO money off posting any event. I only stand to benefit by drawing in more teams to compete against and learn from. I do not work for a field. No field/company has EVER given me cash to play or post.

Please address the idea of a singular thread posting upcoming events to BENEFIT Cfoa players? Not as a form of ADVERTISING, but as a way to communicate to pbnation's registered posters an event they may or may not want to participate in?

Isn't this site suppose to be for the players and the sport?

myspace.com/shannastabi
Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM #20
firststrike50
happy rhino

firststrike50 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMShanna View Post
Please address the idea of a singular thread posting upcoming events to BENEFIT Cfoa players? Not as a form of ADVERTISING, but as a way to communicate to pbnation's registered posters an event they may or may not want to participate in?
Isnt that what the regional forums are for?
firststrike50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:35 PM #21
HMShanna

Which region should I post events in? Shall I, and every other person with a notable event, litter every regional forum with another post? CFOA players aren't ALL regional. People travel far distances to play in CFOA events and with CFOA teams, as it was earlier pointed out.

myspace.com/shannastabi