BigB813

BigB813 plays in the PSP
BigB813 plays in the MiLP
BigB813 is an NCPA National Champion
BigB813 plays in the APPA D3 division
Lol Thanx
Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 AM #9
*OreO*(RoC)

Rush isnt rip off they have good $$ out if there are a decent amout of teams.

then u also get a plaque with ur team on it.

Superman aint savin ****, girl you can jump on shady's dick.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:27 PM #10
JB_Adrenaline
John Glanville #2

JB_Adrenaline is a Professional paintball player
JB_Adrenaline plays in the PSP
JB_Adrenaline supports Team VICIOUS
JB_Adrenaline supports Team VICIOUS
JB_Adrenaline plays in the APPA Pro division
omg a plaque!!!!!
John Glanville #2

Central Florida Paintball CFPS

R.I.P Ian <3
Old 11-08-2007, 03:34 PM #11
forwardcockerplaya
the woodsball man

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OreO*(RoC) View Post
Rush isnt rip off they have good $$ out if there are a decent amout of teams.

then u also get a plaque with ur team on it.
for young guns you need 9 teams to enter just to get your money back.

the pay out is awful. i understand they need to make money, but i would rather it cater more to then players then me.

bnib halo F/S pm me
Old 11-08-2007, 09:06 PM #12
hangovur

I understand the payout isnt that great, but assuming you dont play paintball to make money (99% of people here) you are supporting a local field and getting some good practice (if teams show up).

Im not for sure exactly how the tournies work but I have spoke with people who played in the last 3 man and they told me every team played well over 10 games.

assuming you dont play paintball to make money

assuming you get many games in at a competitive level (with refs and other organized teams)

assuming you were going to practice the week before SPCS anyway

you are paying 50 bucks per person (6 man roster) to play in the tournament, plus paint.

now if you were to play at another field for practice (SPCS is the week after) you would pay between 15-25 dollars at a BYOP type of place and would most likely get sub par games and reffing (how many fields have a full reffing crew on a practice day). so your paying between 25 and 35 dollars for someone to organize the tourny and reff it.

of course Im not saying you cant go out and get good games when not at a tourny, but how many times do you end up wasting so much time waiting on ppl to show up and get on the field. at least with a tourny you get some sort of organization.

I have no affiliation with rush, but its not that bad of a deal. Its not on the level of SPCS, but with some support from local teams it could begin to get bigger and benefit all of us in the area.

I will get off my soap box, but just thought i would give another point of view.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:13 PM #13
Kr3w0804
yeee.

^Or-you could go to Hotshots.

sofla.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 PM #14
forwardcockerplaya
the woodsball man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangovur View Post
I understand the payout isnt that great, but assuming you dont play paintball to make money (99% of people here) you are supporting a local field and getting some good practice (if teams show up).

Im not for sure exactly how the tournies work but I have spoke with people who played in the last 3 man and they told me every team played well over 10 games.

assuming you dont play paintball to make money

assuming you get many games in at a competitive level (with refs and other organized teams)

assuming you were going to practice the week before SPCS anyway

you are paying 50 bucks per person (6 man roster) to play in the tournament, plus paint.

now if you were to play at another field for practice (SPCS is the week after) you would pay between 15-25 dollars at a BYOP type of place and would most likely get sub par games and reffing (how many fields have a full reffing crew on a practice day). so your paying between 25 and 35 dollars for someone to organize the tourny and reff it.

of course Im not saying you cant go out and get good games when not at a tourny, but how many times do you end up wasting so much time waiting on ppl to show up and get on the field. at least with a tourny you get some sort of organization.

I have no affiliation with rush, but its not that bad of a deal. Its not on the level of SPCS, but with some support from local teams it could begin to get bigger and benefit all of us in the area.

I will get off my soap box, but just thought i would give another point of view.
i never looked it at it at that point of view, but honestly i would still just save some money and go to another somewhere else on the weekend

bnib halo F/S pm me
Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 PM #15
hangovur

I havent been to hotshots in a few months, so things may have changed.......

but my last 3 experiences at hotshots were terrible.

1 sunday their chrono broke an hour in, so they trusted everyones judgement. 1 ref who got into a verbal argument with the owner and left leaving 1 ref.

went the next week for friday night under the lights. field gets setup nearly 2 hours after posted opening time. chrono from previous week is still broken, once again we trust everyones personal judgement. 2 refs, 1 talks on his cell phone the entire night the other stands next to him and calls the 10 seconds and sits in his chair (thats about it)

next week I show up and compressor is down (that stuff happens) so no air, then we finally get air and we have 0 refs, no chrono. the nets come un hooked from the ground and games continue while some parents try and fix the net (while getting shot w/o masks).

now again, it has been several months, but those 3 weeks left quite a bad impression for me. I have not heard anything from anyone saying things have improved, but idunno. in the end, is it a bad thing to support a local field at a minimal cost to you ($25-$35)?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 PM #16
dude3333

amen brother hotshots is all about $$$$
at least Rush is doing it for paintball
Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 AM #17
Kr3w0804
yeee.

How is hotshots doing it for money? Half the people there don't pay for entry and BYOP.
About the Netting, people shouldn't ***** about it, don't sit where the netting is off the ground, plain and simple.
I agree under the lights sucks, they only have like one side of the field done in lights.Just wait two days.
I have to admit, it did suck(Hotshots) when they didn't have their new xball field and on crappy grass/roots.
Now there s like 7-8-maybe more established teams out there almost every weekend.

sofla.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:54 PM #18
BenZ
Lol Wat?

BenZ plays in the PSP
BenZ plays in the APPA D5 division
>.<

R.I.P Ian Michael Guckian

**** people still play paintball?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:17 PM #19
dude3333

hotshots is disorganized no chronos, no refs and is bad for the
sport. The reason all the teams go there is because they can do what
they want to any no one will say anything to them.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 PM #20
Kr3w0804
yeee.

There is a chrono.And you call yourself out.

sofla.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:33 PM #21
hangovur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3w0804 View Post
How is hotshots doing it for money? Half the people there don't pay for entry and BYOP.
About the Netting, people shouldn't ***** about it, don't sit where the netting is off the ground, plain and simple.

they were trying to FIX the net that had come loose and left the pits exposed, not sitting there in the way. Personally their business practices (above) have turned me off from them. Im not saying you shouldnt go there as it clearly doesnt bother you, but to say that you shouldnt go to Rush because there is Hotshots doesnt make sense to me. Is it better to have more fields in the palm beach area or less fields? more fields makes for more competition IMO.

And I'm sure they have a chrono now, but the fact that they would operate for 3 weekends without one says a lot about them. I havent been in a long time, so again things may have changed.... but how many times has anyone actually checked to ensure you have chronoed? Maybe things are better now, idunno.

Im not going to sit here and argue with you about which is better (not the point of my original post), Im just trying to show a point of view that says you can get an organized, tourny level (albeit smaller) practice in a local field for a minimal cost over what you would pay for practice any way.

Last edited by hangovur : 11-10-2007 at 11:36 PM.