PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2007, 08:23 PM #1
Anonymous028

TechT bolt kit

anyone have experience with this kit?

im contemplating buying one, but if its 80$ of "i wont notice the difference" im just going to save my money.
Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM #2
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
One came in the PMR I traded for, I definitely noticed a difference.

I couldn't get the gun to fully cycle unless it was at stock dwell or the pressure was so high that the solenoid leaked with the 'recommended' dwell.

I got horrible efficiency.

I had blowback-like kick.

All in all stock is the way to go.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM #3
MisterMister
Space-Gun Woodsballer!

...yea and that would contradict the experience of pretty much everyone else (who installed and tuned their PMR properly after changing internals).

I wouldnt count this guys experience as "average", or anything close to it.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 AM #4
dijonr2

dijonr2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I've had experience with it in my PMR & works wonders as far as noice reduction & kick. It did the same in my 07 UL'd Minion although they are different bolts. PM me if you have specific questions on it & I'll try to answer them for you. You may be able to find some used for a lower price than that but in my opinion if you want to reduce kick & make your gun quiter it's worth it. Efficiency wise I don't really notice a difference b/c I wanted to stay more consistent so w/the UL frame I kept my dwell at 18 & backed the LPR out to where it wasn't even in use which was about 5.5 turns out on the Minion
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...nr2+feedbac k
dijonr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM #5
MisterBones25

my teamate has one in his dm6 and has had nothing but problems with it since he's got it.
MisterBones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM #6
dijonr2

dijonr2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What problems is he having with it & what has he done to try to fix it. I've helped a few people on the field who were having issues with consistency & they are simple fixes. Really it's just a matter of tuning it correctly.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...nr2+feedbac k
dijonr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:57 AM #7
paintballfreak72 (Banned)

i had it in my 06 minion, and it worked amazing, just like they described,unitl i put paint through it....
paintballfreak72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM #8
outkast kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMister View Post
...yea and that would contradict the experience of pretty much everyone else (who installed and tuned their PMR properly after changing internals).

I wouldnt count this guys experience as "average", or anything close to it.
Yea, because with a rail you can do a lot more than lower the dwell and mess with the pressure to tune it

He didn't ask for average anything, just people's experiences, so I gave him mine. I think that after owning at least a dozen high ends and being able to tune any gun on the market I know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM #9
MisterBones25

it was less efficient than stock, added more kick, it would totaly just stop shooting in the middle of a few games, (ended up placing 2nd instead of 1st in a tourny because of this one) he just all around wasnt happy with it.
MisterBones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM #10
Bush'em
JMU Dukes

Bush'em is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I've played with a DM7 that had one. Zero kick and the shot grouping was tighter than my 7. Is it worth $80 though? Up to you.
Bush'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM #11
MikeWz

MikeWz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBones25 View Post
it was less efficient than stock, added more kick, it would totaly just stop shooting in the middle of a few games, (ended up placing 2nd instead of 1st in a tourny because of this one) he just all around wasnt happy with it.
Sounds like the pressure was too high. That's exactly the way the gun will act when it's the pressure is up too high. Sounds like dwell/lpr wasn't set correctly
MikeWz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM #12
Anonymous028

im seriosuly considering one for my PM6 that i just have acquired, and i think you guys have convinced me.

Im a fairly sharp guy... im a gun tech for my local store.

thanks for all your opinions, think im going to purchase one then
Anonymous028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 PM #13
Dyeballer610
game in 3.2.wait...ok go

Dyeballer610 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dyeballer610 supports our troops
Dyeballer610 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dyeballer610 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dyeballer610 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dyeballer610 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mine gives me:
-less kick
-quieter
-more gas effecient
-more consistant
i say get it
Dyeballer610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 PM #14
ouching

has been a member for 10 years
I had one and Have not seen any improvement in my DM6 I have a low pressure gauge and have no noticeable difference. I have just sold it on ebay for 50$. Cost me 30$ for that lesson stick with the stock.
ouching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:43 PM #15
rjones1213

rjones1213 is an NCPA player
rjones1213 plays in the APPA D5 division
rjones1213 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i have one in my PMR and it's great, i definetly noticed my gun is a lot quieter than the stock PMR and I dropped my dwell a lot
and by a lot i mean stock is 25, i have mine set at 11 with no spacers (lowest pressure so highest dwell) but i have the UL frame w/ Tadao board
i put the two spacers in my gun now and the next time i'm at the field i'm going to see how low of a dwell the gun will run at.

SVSU Paintball #14
rjones1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:50 PM #16
todd@techt

todd@techt works for a Paintball manufacturer
Hey Guys,

Todd from TechT here. I apologize for not coming to the nation more often.

First off Id like to say thank you to all the people that have given our bolt a try.

If you've read this far you heard from some people who have had good experiences and some with bad.

Since the all of their releases (Ion, PMR, DM/PM L7's) we have been constantly updating our design and setup instructions.

We have made recent updates to the PMR L7 that have made it more consistent and more air efficient. It now comes with top-hat mods that allow you to pick the pressure you run at....from 145 to 200 psi. Fully adjustable. Perfect for those who like low pressure operation....to those that like high pressure.

The DM/PM L7 bolt has been tough in the setup department. Many people have trouble understanding how to really set the marker up, and I am assuming a large level of responsibility here.

I was having people restart their dwell really low....too low for any DM marker and having them try to set the gun up. My setup instructions of a dwell of 5-10 worked great for PM6 and Minion owners....but was hell for DM owners. Rather impossible.

While one setup will work well for the PM6...one totally different is needed for the DM. I’ve found with my DM6 that a dwell of 15 gives me good consistency and efficiency. I’m doing more testing this week to see if I can really get the dwell lower. But for now...with the stock board on a dm6 a dwell of 15 works really well for me.

The new setup for DM 5 DM6 and DM7 owners is now.... start with a dwell of 18, LPR 4-6 turns out (the minimum of what ever it takes to keep the bolt back in the breech), and whatever input pressure that will make the marker shoot 280-300 FPS. I’m now would have people test fire and chrono their marker and then play a game. Thats right...a real game..on the field with a dwell of 18, LPR high enough to keep the bolt back, and and input pressure to get to the desired fps.

If the consistency is good (accuracy), after the game, lower their dwell by one flash. Then go play another game.... see if the change in dwell noticeably negatively affected the consistency (accuracy). If not, lower the dwell again by 1 after that game. Continue to lower and test until you notice a loss of consistency at low and high rates of fire. At this point you need to increase your dwell back up to regain the consistency. I would go up one to two flashes in dwell just to be safe.

That pretty much the easy way of setting up this bolt perfectly.

Before I was telling DM owners to start at 5 and work up....but Im sure by the time they got to 15 they thought something was wrong...and probably only took the dwell to 10 before taking it out of their marker thinking something was wrong. "The online instructions said it should work at 5....my doesnt....its broke!" I think this is what happened to alot of people. Its understandable too, I would have thought the same.

I wish I had told people to do it this way from the beginning, but you live and you learn right. So if you've read this far, be a help, and spread the word on how to do this setup. It’s the no brainier way of making it happen. No guesswork, frustration and confusing trips to chrono or backyard.

We are also working on spacers for the DM5, 6,7,8. They will be available in about 2 weeks. We have had some trouble getting all the DM solenoids to operate at what the bolt naturally wants to operate at with no spacers...90 psi. That’s right, with the DM5,6,7,8 or bolt operates at 90psi. We have found that it too low for a few of the DMs solenoids to operate at. At this pressure they would half cycle. So we have introduced spacers to get the pressure all the way up to 145...stock bolts pressure. With the spacers the L7 had a standard deviation of about 3 to 3.5 fps. The stock bolt with the same paint and barrel had a standard deviation of 6 to 6.5 fps. Both bolts used right at 3.6 pounds per shot in a 68ci tank. When starting the test with the bottle pressure right at 1500 psi.

I’m telling you all this because I want you to know that I am still doing the testing to make this bolt, and more importantly, the setup for this bolt better suited for the DM line of markers. I think we're there with the most recent change of set up instructions, but only time will tell.

I hope this helps some people.... because it took some time to type.....not really...only about 30 mins

Peace out GUYS.... any suggestions for products or my website.... shoot them to todd@techtpaintball.com

Thanks Guys,
Todd

TechT
web - www.techtpaintball.com

All my products come with a 100% Satisfaction Gaurantee
If you are not happy with a product, send it back within 30 days for a full refund.
I stand behind my parts, their designs, and the materials we use 110%.

Last edited by todd@techt : 11-16-2007 at 08:59 PM.
todd@techt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 PM #17
outkast kid

Props to you Todd, I don't often see this kind of service from the higher ups. Even though the L7 was bad in my rail, techt makes good ****, I know a lot of people who are happy with what you guys do.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 PM #18
todd@techt

todd@techt works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thanks man....its nice to know that people appreciate what I and the others here do.

Im not sure if you had the first run of PMR bolts or not. If so...that was probably the issue. We found that changes that could be made to the PMR bolt to make it better since the beta version.

If any of you have the beta version of the PMR bolt we will upgrade it to the current version for free...just send it back to me.

Thanks Again,
Todd

TechT
web - www.techtpaintball.com

All my products come with a 100% Satisfaction Gaurantee
If you are not happy with a product, send it back within 30 days for a full refund.
I stand behind my parts, their designs, and the materials we use 110%.
todd@techt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:26 PM #19
rjones1213

rjones1213 is an NCPA player
rjones1213 plays in the APPA D5 division
rjones1213 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
is there any updates on setup for the techt bolt? i'm running my dwell on my Ul'd PMR at 11 ms, idk pressue just whatever it takes to shoot 280fps with no spacers

SVSU Paintball #14
rjones1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 PM #20
oil-slick-PM7 (Banned)
I own alot of guns...

stick with stock
oil-slick-PM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 PM #21
outkast kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd@techt View Post
Thanks man....its nice to know that people appreciate what I and the others here do.

Im not sure if you had the first run of PMR bolts or not. If so...that was probably the issue. We found that changes that could be made to the PMR bolt to make it better since the beta version.

If any of you have the beta version of the PMR bolt we will upgrade it to the current version for free...just send it back to me.

Thanks Again,
Todd

TechT
Well, I got the rail in a trade and it came with the bolt. I'm guessing it was newer, it had the top hat spacers with it. The guy who had the gun before me said it worked great, but I messed with the pressure and dwell and changing out spacers with no results. I ended up selling the kit, I'm content with the stock one, my DM5 is the big performer in my gun collection.