Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM #1
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie
 
the1antichrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paintball Sams,Racine wi
another dumb question but...

i have an rt pro with an rt x-valve. i have a ult installed on it. when i get my e-mag, can i use my rt x-valve with ult in my e-mag or do i have to re-install the stock on-off? i know its says that the ult shouldnt be used in an e-mag but what will happen if i do?
__________________
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:17 PM #2
Mind'sEye
Mad Money
 
Mind'sEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Alamos, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1antichrist View Post
i know its says that the ult shouldnt be used in an e-mag but what will happen if i do?
Some say it doesn't have the reactivity needed to reset the solenoid quickly. Some say you'll end up bending the ULT on/off pin. Others apparently have used it with some success. The question seems to be reliability. You'll never be able to shim the ULT on/off pin to the Emag's recommended .712 because ULT starts at .740 and shortens the pin in increments of .005. If you're getting an Emag with an Emag valve just switch the on/off pin and the pin o-rings in that valve into your X-valve. If not, then be sure to get the emag on/off pin, the quad o-ring and it's cradle o-ring. We can all guarantee that this will work. ULT seems iffy at best in an Emag.
Mind'sEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM #3
maniacmechanic
 
 
maniacmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: port st. lousey fla
if your getting a E-Mag valve with the E-Mag use the E valve , I have 3 E-Mags with E valves & they work great ; they keep up with the Beta 1.8 & when on mech they rebound very quickly ; 18 to 20 bps
by the way there are no dumb ?'S
__________________
Hank Emery aka
MANIAC MECHANIC
Team MIXXED BREED
all I own are Mags & AKA's
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:57 PM #4
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie
 
the1antichrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paintball Sams,Racine wi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind'sEye View Post
Some say it doesn't have the reactivity needed to reset the solenoid quickly. Some say you'll end up bending the ULT on/off pin. Others apparently have used it with some success. The question seems to be reliability. You'll never be able to shim the ULT on/off pin to the Emag's recommended .712 because ULT starts at .740 and shortens the pin in increments of .005. If you're getting an Emag with an Emag valve just switch the on/off pin and the pin o-rings in that valve into your X-valve. If not, then be sure to get the emag on/off pin, the quad o-ring and it's cradle o-ring. We can all guarantee that this will work. ULT seems iffy at best in an Emag.
i still have the stock on off but i lost the o-rings so ill just put it in with the e-valve orings or ill just use the e-valve all together. but if you all had a choice between an x-valve or an e-mag valve in an e-mag what would u use? ur feedback is much apreciated.
__________________
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:28 AM #5
Mind'sEye
Mad Money
 
Mind'sEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Alamos, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1antichrist View Post
ibut if you all had a choice between an x-valve or an e-mag valve in an e-mag what would u use? ur feedback is much apreciated.
I prefer the weight savings of an X-valve in the E-mags, but performance wise there's no difference.
Mind'sEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:39 AM #6
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie
 
the1antichrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paintball Sams,Racine wi
then ill leave both markers the way they are. weight isnt really any concern for me. thanks.
__________________
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 PM #7
maniacmechanic
 
 
maniacmechanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: port st. lousey fla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind'sEye View Post
I prefer the weight savings of an X-valve in the E-mags, but performance wise there's no difference.
is there that much diff in weight ? my E Mag with paint & air tank has got to weigh what 4,5,6 lbs ( don't know never weighed it )
__________________
Hank Emery aka
MANIAC MECHANIC
Team MIXXED BREED
all I own are Mags & AKA's
maniacmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 PM #8
warbeak2099
That is my foot!
 
warbeak2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wouldn't u like to know!
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1antichrist View Post
then ill leave both markers the way they are. weight isnt really any concern for me. thanks.
Good decision that's what I'd do
__________________
US Navy Baller
UL'd 07 PMR F/S, PM me if interested!
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 PM #9
Mind'sEye
Mad Money
 
Mind'sEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Alamos, CA
If one of your goals is to put together a "lightweight" Emag with ULE lowers, a shadow rail, etc. then it makes sense to continue the reduction program with an X-valve. If weight is not a concern or if money IS, then the Emag valve is just fine.
Mind'sEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:01 PM #10
the1antichrist
Paintball Sams ref Stewie
 
the1antichrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paintball Sams,Racine wi
cool. ill leave um. i just need a charger and power tube tip for it and ill be set. thanks
__________________
paintball pagan club#7
~~Official Paintball Sams PBN Thread
My New MINI
Dont live your life with a cross in your hand playing follow the Leader.
Follow your own Path.
the1antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump