Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 PM #64
tremonti_usa

Oh, and if this comes to fruition.. I'm going to have a proshop... Where I'll try to have reasonable retail prices on everything. Keep in mind..if you buy from me.. You'll be fueling the growth of the field.

seoul grips
www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1857719

Cheap Paintballs from orderpaintball
tremonti_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2007, 06:49 PM #65
tremonti_usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptionfront26 View Post
he asked what people wanted in a field...not give me ideas on how to run it...and thats what people did...so ya he going to listen to us "kids" cuz he wants his customers to be happy to come to his field by how its run and set up
Yeah, that's pretty much the deal.

I appreciate the words of wisdom, but I'm going about this as logically as possible. If at some point I can't afford it.. it won't happen. That's all there is to it. I can't promise anything, but I'm going to give it a damn good shot.

seoul grips

Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 PM #66
Paintball8190
Bupp

id say like 3 fields at the most, and for rental guns i would say an ion like they do at aapp, because ions shoot fast and the more they shoot the more paint they have to buy
Paintball8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:23 PM #67
tremonti_usa

Yeah, I guess I could do ions..

You think I should do low, mid, high with markers? That's probably more money than I'd want to invest at startup, but any suggestions on how to fill that out?

seoul grips

Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 PM #68
autococker06
zamboni eh

i personaly say that you should start it off with some sort of spyders, untill you figure out how many people will be renting, you need to figure out that before you go spend a ton of money on rentals
Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 PM #69
Iron Bird
Cracked PB

i say to start off you have 1 really nice xball,nppl, or w/e feild then grow off of money made. i would much rather play some where with one really nice feild then some where with 3 crappy ones.
Iron Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:20 PM #70
Deceptionfront26
Looking for a team..

good to hear you found land!

*NKnation* Support!

I play for you?
Deceptionfront26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:29 PM #71
shadowlord06
The Hobbit

shadowlord06 supports Team VICIOUS
shadowlord06 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
shadowlord06 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
shadowlord06 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
shadowlord06 supports Empire
do me a favor man and move your field up towards Johnstown PA. I need a nice field up here so I dont have to drive to pittsburgh to play. Plus little to no competition
Old 11-11-2007, 06:40 PM #72
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
If you're going to ahve an indoor field, you have to do it right. I have seen many indoor fields that have x-ball fields that are far too small compared to what they actually should be (crazy daves is an example). Also, make sure they are VERY well lit and don't have low ceilings. I think a 15-20 foot ceiling is almost a necessity. Having only one indoor field is a much better idea than having 2 sub-par indoor fields. Have one and make it the best it could possibly be (turf, full size field, easily accessible chrono areas and fill stations and have the refs keep it clean)

If you make a nice field with good prices and take care of the customers, you'll be successful.

Also, open it all at once. Don't half open it and finish opening it 8 months later.
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:52 PM #73
bos_2005
Here's your sign

has been a member for 10 years
Pm'd you. Also i think its great to have another up and comming field here in the greater pittsburgh area.
Rustybulletholes
bos_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 PM #74
tremonti_usa

Well, I'll just throw this out there.. What's the CHEAPEST electro marker with vision? I don't even really see the need for a mech gun at all. I've never been a fan and I doubt anyone that's going to rent would be either.

seoul grips

Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM #75
bos_2005
Here's your sign

has been a member for 10 years
It really all depends on where you get a wholesale account from. But other than that i would say ion's would be best as rentals.
Rustybulletholes
bos_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 PM #76
autococker06
zamboni eh

Ions would be horrible to have to break down and clean as a rental marker. Some sort of blowback with eyes ( Spyder VS1) would be a better choice IMO.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 AM #77
Huffman///
Show me your genitals

Sp made the Vibe's, but I don't think they have eyes. They are capped at 11 tho.
Huffman/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:46 AM #78
Iron Bird
Cracked PB

vibes are what i was thinking of too
Iron Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:16 PM #79
tremonti_usa

My original instinct was the VS series. I'd probably go with the VS1 although if I make any money it wouldn't be hard to throw out some VS2s or 3s with the rocker. It all depends. I'd prefer to deal with kingman than SP..although SP makes some better higher end guns BY FAR. They cost too much money to rent though, unless I just had a couple in back for people that are used to high end tourney guns.

seoul grips

Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM #80
Huffman///
Show me your genitals

The faster your rental's the more paint people will shoot, just keep that in mind. But if it's not in the budget, it's not in the budget. If you do well you can upgrade later.
Huffman/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:40 PM #81
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
AAPP rents ions and they do quite well with that. PAPP is also rents ions (they have 40 ions, each with 47/3000 tanks and gravity hoppers).
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:14 PM #82
jmoneybags72

IMO you got one challenge ahead of you. I only read the first page and this one and i only have some sort of idea of what ur thinking but this is what i think. You want to enter a saturated market of already highly competing fields that most of the players in this region are already loyal too. Everyone says they will come out if the price is right and the field is nice but I do not believe everyone is instantly going to make it their new home field after being there one time. With everyone demanding lower prices, higher quality, not to mention the red tape of ordinances and getting permits, direct labor, direct materials, and your overhead costs and getting enough loyal customers in a highly competive market to cover those costs. I don't know what else you got up your sleeve in your business plan but thats what your looking at. I don't mean to rain on your parade but coming from a marketing major in college (me) it sounds like a tough business to make it through 5 years. Best of luck if you continue!!!
jmoneybags72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 AM #83
FREAK SHOW

please stop your killing us .......buy the time you get all the township permits and so forth then try to get insurance...you'll be out of money....ECK is trying to build a 3 million dollar indoor by the airport and the permits are holding up construction....I highly dought being a construction worker you can get a lone from the bank for the amount you need???????then prices to even make a profit you'll have to charge the same as everone else.so now how player friendly are you???????
FREAK SHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM #84
Ironman in xs

Now we must be getting some adults on here talking..... It's about time!!!! He has to be out of his mind to build a field in the north hills.... Never MIND I'M not going to even waste my breath!!!
Ironman in xs is offline   Reply With Quote