Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2007, 05:03 PM #1
Evan93

how hard is it to build a mag

i plan to buy a mag soon and after im familiar with mags i wanna build my own. I was wondering how hard it is to build a mag and how costly to build a basic mag..
Evan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:06 PM #2
jshelto3

It all depends on your starting point. Would you start with a complete gun then upgrade? I'm not even sure what a basic mag is anymore. Would you be building it for speedball or woodsball?
jshelto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:11 PM #3
Evan93

i will be using it for woods ball but i would want the power of a speedball gun if i needed it also is there any videos i should look at on how to do this . I would have a budget of 400$ to start wit. i would probabaly start with a stock gun
Old 11-03-2007, 05:14 PM #4
mrbubbler

you can probably get a upgraded mag for 400. why waste money paying for upgrades if you can purchase one used with upgrades for way less. most of the time people never get the money they put into a marker when they sell it.

black~blue fade 07 quest.
mrbubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM #5
jshelto3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubbler View Post
you can probably get a upgraded mag for 400. why waste money paying for upgrades if you can purchase one used with upgrades for way less. most of the time people never get the money they put into a marker when they sell it.
He's right. With a limit of 400, I would look for a modded used mag. Look for things like, X-valve, Level 10 anti-chop, ULE body and a ULT. A tac 1 is meant specifically for the woods can be made to be just as fast as anything else. Your not going to be getting the raw fire power with just these parts. When you save up a few more pennies. Look into either an electronic frame or pneumatic frame. I personally went with the pneumatic frame because I will have the speed of any electro with no batteries. Not sure if you know or not, but the rt, x, emag valves all need to be run off of compressed air. It takes a little money to get where you want to be, but you will be the talk of the field and shoot ropes without breaking a sweat!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:29 PM #6
Evan93

i might get a Minimag with:
- X-valve
- Level 10 bolt assembly
- Lapco SS 12 inch barrel
- Intelliframe 2 finger blade trigger
- ULT Trigger assembly
- CP chrome foregrip and drop forward

for my ion and cash
also is it unreasonable to find a stock mag for around 60$ to 100$ stock
Old 11-03-2007, 05:37 PM #7
jshelto3

The minimag doesn't seem like to bad of a deal. Just make sure it is what you want. Personally i'm not a minimag fine because it isn't cocker threaded for barrels. If you like it though go for it. You can always switch bodies down the road if you want to.

A mag at those prices are pretty bottom of the barrel. You would end up replacing about everything.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:40 PM #8
Evan93

thanks for being such a big help and where can i buy automag parts . can i get them from my local paintball store
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 PM #9
Legumeofterror (Banned)
Chris The Almighty

probably not, as most dont carry AGD stuff. go to AGD's website and look at the dealer list.
Legumeofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:12 PM #10
jshelto3

Most of your stuff needs to ordered from places like the mag smith, tunaman and agd's website. AO b/s/t section is also a great place to look. There is always something floating around there.