June 7th 3 Man
June 8th 5 Man
July 12th 3 Man
July 13th 5 Man
Aug 9th 3 Man
Aug 10th 5 Man
Sept 13th 3 Man
Sept 14th 5 Man
IF we decide to do a 6th event this year the Oct Cup event would be the following. If it's not a Cup event it would just be a stand alone event. This decision still needs to be made.
Oct 11th 3 Man
Oct 12th 5 Man

Format
3 & 5 Man Again

Any other interest?

Coaching and ramping all divisions?

ALL 3 Man Sat & ALL 5 Man Sun? This makes it easier to get refs and we can use both fields that day.

Best 2 out of 3 format like the PSP (with smaller brackets, maybe 5 teams per bracket)? This may mean that teams player their bracket in the morning and have to wait till later in afternoon to play again (ie finals, semi finals) Keep in mind you will have QUICK turn arounds, like once you come off you will be in the whole or double hole. With this format you will still get your 8-10 prelim games and finals.

Scoring like the 2 man Oct 27th 2007. IE NOT 100pt games anymore, instead 3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a tie, 0 pts for a lose, (ONLY IF WE LAY BEST 2 out of 3 format) 4 bonus pts for ending game in 2 rounds.

Entry & Prizes

Like 2006- Small to no event prizes for Rookie but LARGE end of year payouts. Novice larger payouts than rookie each event and but smaller end of year prize package. Am LARGE payouts each event NO end of year payout

Like 2007- BIGGEST event prizes each event little to no payout at end of year (pending division and based on X number of teams playing each event)

No prizes (besides trophies and bragging rights) LOW entry and LOW paint?

Bigger prizes with increased entry?

CASH PRIZES?

GEAR PRIZES?

OPTION OF GEAR OR CASH PRIZES?

Something else?

Just to give you guys an idea what I'm thinking for 2008 divisions.

D5 Beginner (replacing D4) - First Year Players and Bottom Rookie Teams, ie Bottom 20%-30% event scores only, From 2007 and Before)
D4 Rookie (replacing D3) - D4 PSP and Lower (TOP 70-80% Rookie Teams From 2007 and before)
D3 Novice (replacing D2) - D3 PSP or Lower

Last edited by HercTPA : 01-11-2008 at 10:25 PM.
HercTPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 AM #2
HercTPA

has been a member for 10 years
Should we charge teams $5 more for entry and have that go toward someone to take picts and post them online every event? Is a good FREE action pict worth $5? I think so. If we get a motivated camera guy you might also be able to pay him $10 extra to follow you around some games and make a team disc for you with extra shots, teams shots (before and after picts), award picts and atleast one break out shot.

Same goes for a video guy.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:57 PM #3
pbMike101

ya i think that there sould be like a camra guy
Old 11-02-2007, 03:21 PM #4
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

IMO It would be better if you had...

-bigger payout at the end of the year keeps more teams in the whole series
-all 5 man on 1 day 3 man on other
-best 2 out of 3 sounds good so you have more than that 1 chance at beating a team
-increase entry a little for media purposes
-paint and entry prices were fine imo
-prizes were awesome
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:17 PM #5
tigris4149
Bmx Rider

tigris4149 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tigris4149 supports Team VICIOUS
wow I love alot of those ideas I"ll have to give my 2 cents after I think of something good

PSN Username Tigris4149
tigris4149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 PM #6
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
-I think you should have ramping for D4 and D3, but not D5 especially because there will be players whose guns don't even have ramping.
-Coaching for D4 and D3
-I like your format idea
-I think there should be larger series prizes.
-I think you should give an option for prizes...You get a better deal IMO
-I would've paid $90/event last year in D4 3-man to have more prizes/ the free pics.
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 PM #7
HercTPA

The only problem I see with LARGE end of the year prizes is when a team clearly has the series wrapped up. There’s no incentive for teams to keep playing. If we are going to do that then we need to find a happy medium with event prizes and large end of the series prizes. Unfortunately it’s hard to give out LARGE prizes during the year and at the end of the year and still stay in business. If we could come up with a way to do series pts where it keeps things close but yet still makes it where teams can come back if they are from behind. Maybe do it like PSP and base pts on how many teams enter instead of a flat pt system? Or maybe make the Oct event worth double pts? Not sure if that’s fair, but it sure would make for an exiting last event. lol…
Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 PM #8
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Im sure you could make up some kind of a system.

What about just having prizes for 1st place series winners. Just have a set of guns maybe and then put the rest of event $$ to event prizes? Idk how it all calculates so I cant say if its fair or not.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:42 PM #9
HercTPA

I guess it's up to the other teams to decide what they want as prizes (ie 1st only or 1st-4th). Once I hear from enough teams I will come up with some prize ideas.

Please keep the ideas coming. Let's see what we can come up with to make an already great series better.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:45 PM #10
HercTPA

IF we do LARGE series prizes we will only do 5 events and all event scores will count. There would be no dropped scores
Old 11-02-2007, 11:28 PM #11
BIG T25
WhereIsTodd.com

BIG T25 is an NCPA player
BIG T25 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
BIG T25 supports DLX Technology
here's an idea

Events 1-4 have smaller prizes

Event 5-all money from that tournament goes to prizes for just that tournament

That way, the event that people aren't likely to play is the event with the best prizes.
BIG T25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 PM #12
T.Scruggs
Hardwork

T.Scruggs plays in the APPA D4 division
Before I start, I have NEVER played a TPA event . I will in 08' so if you don't agree with me....Bonus ball me

Format
3 & 5 Man Again YES!
I like the option to play either, most of us begin our tournament playing days with 3man teams, its likely I will.

Coaching and ramping all divisions? MAYBE!
I can see it in the 5man division as most of those teams will be playing XBALL at the national level, in 3 man maybe, it would be a good training aid for future Xball/5man players

Any other interest?
APPA ID's, I have seen alot of local/regional events use the system, I understand it might increase entry, but I'm sure it will not affect the turnout this series gets.

ALL 3 Man Sat & ALL 5 Man Sun? This makes it easier to get refs and we can use both fields that day. YES
You gave a great reason, makes it easy to get days off aswell for us working types...

Best 2 out of 3 format like the PSP (with smaller brackets, maybe 5 teams per bracket)? This may mean that teams player their bracket in the morning and have to wait till later in afternoon to play again (ie finals, semi finals) Keep in mind you will have QUICK turn arounds, like once you come off you will be in the whole or double hole. With this format you will still get your 8-10 prelim games and finals. YES

Anything that simulates PSP play is good for EVERYONE in this series.

Scoring like the 2 man Oct 27th 2007. IE NOT 100pt games anymore, instead 3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a tie, 0 pts for a lose, (ONLY IF WE LAY BEST 2 out of 3 format) 4 bonus pts for ending game in 2 rounds. YES

Some of us have a hard time adding big numbers , and keeping the G count, anything that makes keeping score easy is a plus!!!

Entry & Prizes

Like 2006- Small to no event prizes for Rookie but LARGE end of year payouts. Novice larger payouts than rookie each event and but smaller end of year prize package. Am LARGE payouts each event NO end of year payout

Like 2007- BIGGEST event prizes each event little to no payout at end of year (pending division and based on X number of teams playing each event)

CASH PRIZES?

GEAR PRIZES?

Something else?

I like the option system, maybe make a list with value of each item, and give the teams a cap or limit on what they can spend and really customize the packages even more. Offer that per event, as for the series champs, a cash payout and trophy's.

D5 Beginner (replacing D4) - First Year Players and Bottom Rookie Teams, ie Bottom 20%-30% event scores only, From 2007 and Before)
D4 Rookie (replacing D3) - D4 PSP and Lower (TOP 70-80% Rookie Teams From 2007 and before)

This sounds like a good formula.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:48 PM #13
mas19
RIP AMERICA 1776-2008

mas19 plays in the PSP
mas19 supports Cereal Killerz 2
mas19 donated to help Peyton Trent
mas19 helped look for balloons
mas19 is playing at Living Legends III
mas19 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HercTPA View Post
Should we charge teams $5 more for entry and have that go toward someone to take picts and post them online every event? Is a good FREE action pict worth $5? I think so. If we get a motivated camera guy you might also be able to pay him $10 extra to follow you around some games and make a team disc for you with extra shots, teams shots (before and after picts), award picts and atleast one break out shot.

Same goes for a video guy.

Any thoughts?
www.breakoutphotos.com

Patrick takes sick photos, and would for sure do, ill take to him for ya mike if you want.
mas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:51 PM #14
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas19 View Post
www.breakoutphotos.com

Patrick takes sick photos, and would for sure do, ill take to him for ya mike if you want.
Please do so, THANKS
Old 11-04-2007, 08:55 PM #15
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Scruggs View Post
Before I start, I have NEVER played a TPA event . I will in 08' so if you don't agree with me....Bonus ball me

Format
3 & 5 Man Again YES!
I like the option to play either, most of us begin our tournament playing days with 3man teams, its likely I will.

Coaching and ramping all divisions? MAYBE!
I can see it in the 5man division as most of those teams will be playing XBALL at the national level, in 3 man maybe, it would be a good training aid for future Xball/5man players

Any other interest?
APPA ID's, I have seen alot of local/regional events use the system, I understand it might increase entry, but I'm sure it will not affect the turnout this series gets.

ALL 3 Man Sat & ALL 5 Man Sun? This makes it easier to get refs and we can use both fields that day. YES
You gave a great reason, makes it easy to get days off aswell for us working types...

Best 2 out of 3 format like the PSP (with smaller brackets, maybe 5 teams per bracket)? This may mean that teams player their bracket in the morning and have to wait till later in afternoon to play again (ie finals, semi finals) Keep in mind you will have QUICK turn arounds, like once you come off you will be in the whole or double hole. With this format you will still get your 8-10 prelim games and finals. YES

Anything that simulates PSP play is good for EVERYONE in this series.

Scoring like the 2 man Oct 27th 2007. IE NOT 100pt games anymore, instead 3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a tie, 0 pts for a lose, (ONLY IF WE LAY BEST 2 out of 3 format) 4 bonus pts for ending game in 2 rounds. YES

Some of us have a hard time adding big numbers , and keeping the G count, anything that makes keeping score easy is a plus!!!

Entry & Prizes

CASH PRIZES?

GEAR PRIZES?

Something else?

I like the option system, maybe make a list with value of each item, and give the teams a cap or limit on what they can spend and really customize the packages even more. Offer that per event, as for the series champs, a cash payout and trophy's.

This sounds like a good formula.
THANK YOU for the replay!!!!!!

This series has always been about making YOU the players happy and giving YOU what YOU deserve. If you don't reply, I can't give you what you want.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:33 AM #16
HercTPA

Everyone looking to play TPA in 2008 and everyone that played TPA in the past PLEASE leave some suggestions or feedback on what you would like to play and play for!!!

GOOD LUCK TEAMS!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 AM #17
k-ospaintball.capt.
MW

-Stick with 3 and 5 man
-Coaching and Ramping in D4 and D3 only
-3 man saturday 5 man sunday
-Best 2 out of 3
-Prizes like 2007 (big event prizes and small series prizes, unless you have a good amount of teams in one division throughout the year), you have a better opportunity at winning a certain event than at winning the series...
-the 2-man scoring sounds cool
-let teams choose what prizes they want i.e. cash or gear

XV Support
k-ospaintball.capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:47 AM #18
HercTPA

Thanks for the reply!!!! Please keep them coming even if it's the same thing others say. I need to see what the MAJORITY of teams want.

If you take the time to voice your opinion you will be rewarded in the end.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:08 AM #19
bigmatt8989

i say keep it the same as last year no changes at all

Gear bag sale!!! Want trades!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4076038
bigmatt8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 AM #20
Jsmalls187

-Stick with 3 and 5 man
-Coaching and Ramping in D4 and D3, coaching for D5
-Best 2 out of 3!!!!
-Prizes like 2007, big event prizes and small series prizes, jack the entry cost up like $20-50 or so and put that to an series prize
Jsmalls187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 PM #21
mfmpaintball
Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmalls187 View Post
-Stick with 3 and 5 man
-Coaching and Ramping in D4 and D3, coaching for D5
-Best 2 out of 3!!!!
-Prizes like 2007, big event prizes and small series prizes, jack the entry cost up like $20-50 or so and put that to an series prize
I pretty much agree with him. I think setting it up like PSP as much as possible would be the best. What's an extra $10 per person for better prizes, and media.