Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM #1
kokopuff!

Unhappy how to up dat mini!

yo, i need sum help. im planning on getting a mini, but idk wat to put on it, like wat hopper, wat tank, e.t.c plz help out, and if there is alredy a thread on this then im srry and u can just post da link to it, its just i cant find anything and ders a lot of mixed answers so plz help be4 i get horrible stuff for it and make it worse den it is

(p.s: sorry for the bad spelling, but i actually SPELL CHECKED it to make it a little better, although i kno i left some illiterate words in there)
(p.s.s: that means the letter was WAAAAAAAAAAY worse! )
kokopuff! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 09:32 PM #2
kokopuff!

barrels and chips and all dat oder stuff too, and as i said, if there is alredy a thread on this (i wudnt be surprised its a pretty obvious thread) just post da link and ill be happy
Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 PM #3
andyaguil (Banned)

most people will say halo b, empire b or vlocity for a hopper

for tank most people will say pure energy, crossfire, pretty much any tank that is LP

umm theres not a lot of upgrades for the mini but the one people will tell you to get the most would be KILLA detents.....

and as far as barrels go....i've seen people like freak(06 and up), stiffi, and UL
andyaguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM #4
nightkid26 (Banned)

thats personal preferrance,but whatever,my setup is black invert mini with virtue(it rocks)dye ul barrel(best ever)viewloader vlocity(really big)orange bolt(don't like it,getting derlin)custom hulk grips,(viper grips)and cp 48/45 tank(cuz i'm short) wish i had a picture of it.......
nightkid26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM #5
extremeballer22

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1901430
scroll to the second post on that page, theres some upgrades
extremeballer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:50 PM #6
crzyhilbily

i would go with a Dye Boomstick (for the Barrel), its a little bit heavier than the ultralight, so it acts as sort of a couner weight, and when you shoot the gun doenst go up.
crzyhilbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 PM #7
mrbubbler

stickies should cover all the upgrades that are out... they are there for a reason.

second play with what you like, research see what fits you. don't clutter our forum with your laziness

/thread.

black~blue fade 07 quest.
mrbubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 PM #8
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

has been a member for 10 years
whats with all the crazy language? is english like a second language for you? not bashing just curious.

as far as tanks and hoppers go its personal preference only dont let anyone pursuade you because whats good for them might not be good for you (all top hoppers halo, reloaders, vlocities, torques, pulses, etc will all do the job just pick what you like most) all tank choices are preference and brand loyalty as well. as for internal upgrades, I like virtue more then ape but thats my opinion or the stock board is fine if your not going really all out serious. (boards are pretty much preference and loyalty as well) as far as barrels go most good barrels on the market will perform almost equally as well so again that is personal preference and brand loyalty, and bolts look through the bolt review thread and see which one you think is the best in your opinion. and for cosmetic upgrades that is of course personal preference.

the point of all that is buy what you like most standard parts all work to similar performance just with a different name and slightly different features. If you dont know what you like, go to a pro shop with your gun and ask to put certain tanks and hoppers and barrels on your mini and see what setup you feel comfortable with.

its a little scary all the October 2007ers are in here giving advice. thats just a side note.

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 PM #9
wldworld
[ cherry. ]

Tank and hopper: A few out there, check out the pros and cons of each and make a pick. Personally, I would recommend a VLocity or VLocity Jr. and a DraXxuS, Custom Products or Crossfire, low pressure tank.

As for upgrades, this thread will do ya well:
Invert Mini Upgrades

Last edited by wldworld : 11-01-2007 at 11:05 PM.
wldworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 PM #10
PureBlue22

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer50505 View Post
its a little scary all the October 2007ers are in here giving advice. thats just a side note.
ya cause join date on pbnation is an obvious indicator of paintball knowledge
PureBlue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 AM #11
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer50505 View Post
whats with all the crazy language? is english like a second language for you? not bashing just curious.
I was wondering the same thing
Old 11-02-2007, 12:26 AM #12
bane22
Moose Emperor

bane22 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokopuff! View Post
yo, i need sum help. im planning on getting a mini, but idk wat to put on it, like wat hopper, wat tank, e.t.c plz help out, and if there is alredy a thread on this then im srry and u can just post da link to it, its just i cant find anything and ders a lot of mixed answers so plz help be4 i get horrible stuff for it and make it worse den it is

(p.s: sorry for the bad spelling, but i actually SPELL CHECKED it to make it a little better, although i kno i left some illiterate words in there)
Total letters omitted: 21
Approximate time saved by omitting said letters ~15 seconds

I don't know what spell checker you are using but what ever it is it fails to do its job. Perhaps YOU should check your own spelling before making your self look like a dyslexic monkey.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:40 AM #13
Providence
A Man Chooses.

Quote:
Before using internets, it is advisable that you learn English.

Translated:

"Hey, I need some help. I'm planning on getting a Mini, but I don't know what to put on it i.e.: what hopper; what tank; etc. Please help me out. If there is already a thread on this, I am sorry; you can just post the link to it. I just can't find anything and there's a lot of mixed answers. So, help before I get horrible stuff for it, and make it worse than it already is.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 AM #14
xgetupandsk8x
mmeyeballzonyurphace

who cares how he types. we can all read and understand what he is trying to say. its a forum, hes not being graded on it or anything. anyway, my main advice is if you got the mini for the fact that it is really small and light, in order to complement those features get a cp or draxxus 48/45 tank. and as far as hoppers go, get something well known and reliable like a halo, empire b, or any of the vlocitys. gun wise, stock is perfectly fine unless you need different size bores. other than that, you cant really mess up your mini by buying certain things as a setup. buy what suits your game and type of play and you will be happy. anyway, goodluck.
xgetupandsk8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 AM #15
Hawkeye1050 (Banned)

This gets asked so many times, read the stickies.
Hawkeye1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:14 AM #16
beowulf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlue22 View Post
ya cause join date on pbnation is an obvious indicator of paintball knowledge
don't bash for that, newer join dates tend to spread most garbage around than those with older join dates, its common sense that that people have been here and participating longer will likely have heard these questions before and already know the likely outcome. That said join dats don't make alot of sense since this isn't my first account here and there are others like me, so the date means little.

best up is a good barrel, reloader/halo/velo/pulse, and a 4500 tank, crossfire is my personal all stock fav. but a cp with a myth reg would be very nice.
beowulf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:29 PM #17
Dawg047
DYE Precision

If your looking for the best stuff, like alot of others have said, it is personal preference but I will share my knowledge on what I believe works. Lets start at the top of the marker ad work our way down.

Hopper: The big name hoppers out there right now are the Halo B, Reloder B, Vlocity series and the Pulse. I use a Halo B with Empire shells and it works well for me. It has the V35 board and I never have a problem with it feeding my Mini Monster. Downside, it is a bit heavy with the 6 AA pack but if you want to spend the cash, buy Lithiums and it will lighten up considerably. It also has a manual rip drive which is a neat feature. Now, the Pulse is a great loader and looks much like the Halo B series. It sits lower on the marker in my opinion and is about the same weight and feedrate. The Vlocity sereis by Viewloder is a neat little hopper. Its feedrate is comparible to the Halo but there are some neater aftermarket boards for it and it is a bit lighter than the Halo series. I find the shells to be cheap on it but hey, that is just me. Try all of these out to see which is best four you.

Barrels: I use an Ultralight barrel. I have .688 and .684 backs, and both 14"in and 16" tips. This is a great barrel. The quality is superb and it just a great barrel. It comes in many colors and sizes as well. The downside, I have $200 in it. The barrel is a crucial part in a markers platform and thus I can justify it. Other great barrels are the Stiffi series, Empire barrel kit, Freak barrel kit, CP two-piece series and the Deady Wind Carbon fiber barrels which are by far the lightest on the market. If you want to go for ultimate quality and weight is an issue, consider an UL back and Stiffi front. The Freak is a great barrel kit also and the great part is if you want to change the bore size, the inserts are cheap compared to a new back.

Ball detents: There is not too much in this area. I find the stock detents to be fine but Kila detents are great and are only 24.99 so just grab a pair.

Bolts: There are not too many options here. NDZ and Orange both make a delrin bolt but have had initial problems with them so do your research and find a newer one if you got this route. My opinion, the stock bolt is great, wait until the Tech T bolt comes out to upgrade.

Triggers: Once again not much here. You are just going to have to wait until the major company's like NDZ and CP come out with there line too make a decision. Stock trigger is by far one of the nicest stock triggers on a any marker.

Tanks: There are ever so many tanks out there. Heres the basics. Most people say LP, while it is easier to handle, HP works fine aswell if you have common sense. If you have a Mini, you want lightness so go with a Carbon wrapped tank. Try to find a tank with SS threads, Al works, but stainless has a less chance of stripping. Size? That is up to you my friend so start looking.

Good luck, I typed this huge post for you my friend, so all I ask next time is that you type with some since.
Tell them Cody F. Sent You
Dawg047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:30 PM #18
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg047 View Post
If your looking for the best stuff, like alot of others have said, it is personal preference but I will share my knowledge on what I believe works. Lets start at the top of the marker ad work our way down.

Hopper: The big name hoppers out there right now are the Halo B, Reloder B, Vlocity series and the Pulse. I use a Halo B with Empire shells and it works well for me. It has the V35 board and I never have a problem with it feeding my Mini Monster. Downside, it is a bit heavy with the 6 AA pack but if you want to spend the cash, buy Lithiums and it will lighten up considerably. It also has a manual rip drive which is a neat feature. Now, the Pulse is a great loader and looks much like the Halo B series. It sits lower on the marker in my opinion and is about the same weight and feedrate. The Vlocity sereis by Viewloder is a neat little hopper. Its feedrate is comparible to the Halo but there are some neater aftermarket boards for it and it is a bit lighter than the Halo series. I find the shells to be cheap on it but hey, that is just me. Try all of these out to see which is best four you.

Barrels: I use an Ultralight barrel. I have .688 and .684 backs, and both 14"in and 16" tips. This is a great barrel. The quality is superb and it just a great barrel. It comes in many colors and sizes as well. The downside, I have $200 in it. The barrel is a crucial part in a markers platform and thus I can justify it. Other great barrels are the Stiffi series, Empire barrel kit, Freak barrel kit, CP two-piece series and the Deady Wind Carbon fiber barrels which are by far the lightest on the market. If you want to go for ultimate quality and weight is an issue, consider an UL back and Stiffi front. The Freak is a great barrel kit also and the great part is if you want to change the bore size, the inserts are cheap compared to a new back.

Ball detents: There is not too much in this area. I find the stock detents to be fine but Kila detents are great and are only 24.99 so just grab a pair.

Bolts: There are not too many options here. NDZ and Orange both make a delrin bolt but have had initial problems with them so do your research and find a newer one if you got this route. My opinion, the stock bolt is great, wait until the Tech T bolt comes out to upgrade.

Triggers: Once again not much here. You are just going to have to wait until the major company's like NDZ and CP come out with there line too make a decision. Stock trigger is by far one of the nicest stock triggers on a any marker.

Tanks: There are ever so many tanks out there. Heres the basics. Most people say LP, while it is easier to handle, HP works fine aswell if you have common sense. If you have a Mini, you want lightness so go with a Carbon wrapped tank. Try to find a tank with SS threads, Al works, but stainless has a less chance of stripping. Size? That is up to you my friend so start looking.

Good luck, I typed this huge post for you my friend, so all I ask next time is that you type with some since.

good points except im gonna have to disagree with you about the stock trigger. many high end guns now have roller bearing trigger stock and when I upgraded my mini trigger to the ri trigger It was incredibly better. as for triggers rythem innovations(sp) makes some triggers, and theres a company making carbon fiber triggers as well.

the dye barrel is excellent but not the only barrel out there many other barrels will perform just as well its all brand loyalty and what features you feel outweigh each other. that goes as well as length and bore size (can only be determined what bore size you need if your the person buying it based off of the paint sizes you use and how many barrel backs you want to buy)

also with bolts you forgot to mention the ri bolt which me personally as well as many others have never had a single problem with that bolt and its a great bolt though not the most necissary upgrade as everyone seams to think it is. Also the tech t bolt seems a bit sketchy with his numbers that he is getting. I feel that the bolt will include a lighter spring to get those numbers right but at that I completely doubt it will be efficient at 100 psi just because the poppit on the mini is so far away from the ball. less pressure to expand the same distance is never a good thing for efficiency.

just some food for thought.

and about my october 2007 comment. many of the newer users tend to think that trends and certain products are completely better then others. when fact of the matter is unless your comparing a stingray to a dm8 there really isnt a just way to say what is better without being bias. with barrels, guns, boards, hoppers, tanks, and everything else they are all very similar but all have there own little qualities that the other product doesnt have so there for all those decisions are based off brand loyalty, user preference in there setup, and what features product a has that product b doesnt that you find more appealing.

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:05 PM #19
CTballaVR
So Conn

Quote:

hopper = viewloader Vlocitiy
tank = corssfire 70ci 4500psi low pressure
barrel - dye UL
board - virtue
CTballaVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 PM #20
kokopuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubbler View Post
stickies should cover all the upgrades that are out... they are there for a reason.

second play with what you like, research see what fits you. don't clutter our forum with your laziness

/thread.

id like you to know that i have read every sticky, and every page, and as i stated on my first post, i get mixed answers or remarks of items i don't know , so excuse me if its being lazy to get the initiative to actually figure it out by hearing people's opinions and researching those items
Old 11-02-2007, 04:10 PM #21
kokopuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane22 View Post
Total letters omitted: 21
Approximate time saved by omitting said letters ~15 seconds

I don't know what spell checker you are using but what ever it is it fails to do its job. Perhaps YOU should check your own spelling before making your self look like a dyslexic monkey.
last time i checked, i clearly stated that there are illiterate words in there, and i was to lazy to actually clear all the obvious ones. come on guys, you don't know that, wat = what, idk= i don't know, sum= some! so before you start bashing someone who just likes to hear opinions and upgrade his marker as best as possible, think a little.

Last edited by kokopuff! : 11-02-2007 at 04:26 PM.